The NSWE Board

Guest av1

22 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

At great risk of sounding like my grandma, I have to say there's something quite pathetic about a man touching middle age not removing his backwards cap for an interview with a major network.

I’m happy to look paste the cap purely to hear somebody outside of this country and maybe outside of Birmingham talk about villa with passion and knowledge about what we are as a club these days

also hear is his story about why he supports villa. It’s a good read

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/becoming-an-aston-villa-fan-how-a-peruvian-kid-in-england-fell-in-love-and-became-a-villan/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

There are many reasons why we support a club. Sometimes it's about where we were born. Sometimes it's a particularly cool looking kit or a fond memory of entering a stadium or a family tradition that goes back to a great grandparent. The roots of supporter passion can run deep, and most importantly, whatever the reason, they are uniquely ours. We don't have to justify them. We don't even have to expect that they will be understood. Just like any meaningful relationship, the only parties that matter are the giver and the recipient. Everyone else is just a passenger. 

I was always told that it’s wearing hats that makes you lose your hair. Now I’ve lost mine, I’m not wearing one in case it grows back. 

Anyway to get back on topic, Nas is losing his hair and he’s a badass. So if it’s good enough for him… 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Greenfly said:

£170m in losses over the last two seasons... We're going to have to reconcile that somehow. I don't expect much more activity in this window.

Because of the increased value of the club I doubt they look at it as losses of 170m, pre this transfer window they might well be in profit on paper. That's why we are so lucky, they know what they are doing, hope they never sell.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Because of the increased value of the club I doubt they look at it as losses of 170m, pre this transfer window they might well be in profit on paper. That's why we are so lucky, they know what they are doing, hope they never sell.

I don't understand finances on this scale. I just see big numbers and panic.

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I don't understand finances on this scale. I just see big numbers and panic.

Don't look at the headline loss figure, it's an accounting loss and it's not directly representative of actual cash flow.

Since takeover NSWE put over £300m of their own cash into the club averaging over £100m per season.

The vision is to make the club self sustainable so obviously any further cash injections  will be reduced significantly in the future.

As the revenues are raising slowly, we might look to emulate Leicester model where the books are balanced by targeted player sales, and money is reinvested in the squad.

So far NSWE are executing their strategy in an impressive fashion, long may it continue.

• Like 1

These guys need to make an official statement on the Grealish situation, before Villa fans start stabbing each other (if the thread on here is any pointer)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They don't and shouldn't, don't open that door 

Fans should get a **** grip 

Have you looked in the Grealish thread?

Bit late for that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First real test for these guys. Please don’t get fed up but come out fighting.

They’re shrewd in business so I do trust them to get the deal possible for the club but I then hope FFP permitting that they sanction a spending spree like no other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Whatever happens in the next week or so, no blame can be laid at the owners door.

They saved us. It’s not typical football hyperbole, we were literally hours from being wound up.

If they had said £100m for Jack, they can’t then move the goalposts - it’s unprofessional, and would have consequences both within the club, and also any future dealings with other clubs.

Easy to say with the euros etc. But if he (Grealish)was going I wish it was done earlier.

This is how hard building an Aston villa team is - it's why Lerner got bored - and stopped pumping money in.

I can cope with Grealish going - it's the wider implications that bother me.

Hope these guys get some big deals over the line in the next few weeks.

Edited by hippo

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

Easy to say with the euros etc. But if he (Grealish)was going I wish it was done earlier.

This is how hard building an Aston villa team is - it's why Lerner got bored - and stopped pumping money in.

I can cope with Grealish going - it's the wider implications that bother me.

Hope these guys get some big deals over the line in the next few weeks.

Lerner didn't get bored.  He got divorced and lost half his fortune so had to turn the tap off and liquidate his assets. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Lerner didn't get bored.  He got divorced and lost half his fortune so had to turn the tap off and liquidate his assets. 

He was also a bit simple and had no idea how to run a football club. To compound that he trusted completely the wrong people.

Our current owners are a very different beast and will have plans in the eventuality of Jack leaving. I suspect it will involve signing some very exciting players.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think even that's a bit simple 

They introduce FFP half way through his ownership

Lerners problem was that he should have taken to the media and screamed from the rooftop that it was utter utter bollocks, the top clubs were pulling our pants down and all of them can go **** themselves... Unfortunately what he did was seemingly tell AVFC to go **** themself... 

We had a charity on the front of our shirt, we were spending his money but as a club we were debt free (I think) when they announced FFP, it was a rule aimed at the likes of us, it punished us, I have a lot of sympathy for Lerner, it was not waht he bought in to and spunked a lot of cash on

His self imposed media silence is what pissed me off about him... Just once he should have gone on record on SSN and said "**** off you cheating words removed" but he said nothing 

There was a point where Lerner realized to compete in the Premier League you need to invest hundreds of millions (now billions) and a few million was not enough.  I worry that NSWE will come to a similar conclusion and plus the fact that everything is stacked in favor of the established top clubs.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

There was a point where Lerner realized to compete in the Premier League you need to invest hundreds of millions (now billions) and a few million was not enough.  I worry that NSWE will come to a similar conclusion and plus the fact that everything is stacked in favor of the established top clubs.

they know the apple and have the muscle, I have no worries 

Â