The NSWE Board

Guest av1

Please could someone tell me when I’m supposed to get excited and congratulate Wes? The rest of the world in every other sport known to man, have quarter finals, semi finals then a final. I know that they’re trying to make netball for blokes too tall to play football more exciting, but could someone please tell me when is the final game of the season and will the winner of that game have won the cup? 

Sorry if I sound like a girl trying to understand the off side rule, but what the bloody hell is going on? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Please could someone tell me when I’m supposed to get excited and congratulate Wes? The rest of the world in every other sport known to man, have quarter finals, semi finals then a final. I know that they’re trying to make netball for blokes too tall to play football more exciting, but could someone please tell me when is the final game of the season and will the winner of that game have won the cup? 

Sorry if I sound like a girl trying to understand the off side rule, but what the bloody hell is going on? 

They're winning the final. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

This is currently the "finals". Think of the playoffs like the knockout rounds of the Euro tournament. Start with the round of 16. But instead of 1 off games, they're best of 7 series, or in other words, whoever wins 4 games first moves onto the next round. We're now in the "Italy vs England" finals of the playoffs, and Milwaukee just won Game 5 of the series to take a 3-2 lead (having come back from a 0-2 deficit). They just need to win won more game to win the title, and the next game is at their home court. All shaping up nicely for Wes. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cannot wait for the day when we force the media and others to give them the respect they deserve 

I'm amazed none of them have caught on to the Milwaukee Bucks parallel. Maybe if the Bucks do actually win some bright spark somewhere in the sports press will put 2 and 2 together.  It's actually a great story. 

Parallels with Grealish and Antetokounmpo too. 

What i  love about them is that there is zero posturing on their part. They are not front and centre. They just deliver. No grand plans on show to redevelop VP . They understand that to make their players better they need to give them state of the art facilities. That in order to have a brilliant academy they have to have a huge network of experienced staff . 

They are putting their money on the pitch and into the training facilities . Not tarting up brickwork or spending 4 mill on the Holte Hotel. 

Could not wish for better owners imo. 

Sawaris is a brilliant businessman but that smile when we got promoted.  That was like a 5 year old on Xmas day. The villa is in his bones already. 

And Purslow is learning from them i think. He isnt rentaquote any more . Quietly gets on with what he needs to do .

38 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Happy NSWE Day everybody!!

Don't like repeating anything from BL but nice little piece from Ashley Preece. 

Delivering where Randy Lerner failed and putting out Xia's fire - the rise of Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens at Aston Villa - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

I actually forgot what a scary situation we were in when these guys took over. What they have done on the last 3 years is nothing short of miraculous. 

• Like 2

Â