The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

There was a point where Lerner realized to compete in the Premier League you need to invest hundreds of millions (now billions) and a few million was not enough.  I worry that NSWE will come to a similar conclusion and plus the fact that everything is stacked in favor of the established top clubs.

Lerner wasn’t a businessman, he inherited his wealth. These guys are serious businessmen. There is a big difference 

Lerner could have had all the millions in the world, he wouldn't of known how to build the club.  He stumbled upon a solid Premier League set-up, inherited Martin O'Neill and allowed him to run the footballing side unchecked until the cash dried up. This is the guy who hired Alex McLeish after he relegated our arch rivals, after 40k of our own fans were singing about them going down weeks earlier at the last game of the season. This is a guy who was silent after we lost to a league 2 side in the League Cup Semi Final. I could go on & on.  He is a schmuck. 

We are still paying for how Lerner ran the club today; the media and other fans hammer us for his legacy - the selling club tag, relegation etc. There are fans who have fears that these owners will get "bored" and do a Lerner. I hope others resist the urge to compare NSWE to Lerner, or say that NSWE are going to get "bored" and give up. Only Lerner The Loser.... is capable of failing on an epic scale. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My lad has just said Wes Edens has just landed in the UK.  Seen pictures or something. 

getting ready for the big meeting on Monday maybe.....

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

There was a point where Lerner realized to compete in the Premier League you need to invest hundreds of millions (now billions) and a few million was not enough.  I worry that NSWE will come to a similar conclusion and plus the fact that everything is stacked in favor of the established top clubs.

Eh?

Why would you worry about that now given that they’ve already pumped hundreds of millions in to get us where we are, in what illogical world would they then think to take another step could be done without spending the same or more?! 

It seems apparent to me that they’re taking a two pronged approach to our future success:

a) investing immediately to make us competitive at progressive levels through large outlays on transfers of (until now) appropriate quality 

b) investing in the academy and focus on signing high potential youth level players for long term sustainability, either in terms of future transfer fees or, more likely, future first team squad members

Everything until now points squarely to these guys know what the F they’re doing, even if we lose Jack, which I think is likely and seemingly cataclysmic to some on here, I trust them to make it right 

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Eh?

Why would you worry about that now given that they’ve already pumped hundreds of millions in to get us where we are, in what illogical world would they then think to take another step could be done without spending the same or more?! 

It seems apparent to me that they’re taking a two pronged approach to our future success:

a) investing immediately to make us competitive at progressive levels through large outlays on transfers of (until now) appropriate quality 

b) investing in the academy and focus on signing high potential youth level players for long term sustainability, either in terms of future transfer fees or, more likely, future first team squad members

Everything until now points squarely to these guys know what the F they’re doing, even if we lose Jack, which I think is likely and seemingly cataclysmic to some on here, I trust them to make it right 

Agree with everything you said.

But make no mistake, this wasn't part of the plan.

It's first big setback for NSWE regime. It will be interesting to see how the owners, management, players and fans react to it.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

These guys are way more important than Jack Grealish. 

Excited to see what we do with the rest of the window

The one thing I'm intrigued by is how much we have to spend in the rest of the window; whether Buendia/Bailey were bought with the Grealish money knowing he was going, or if we have another £100m ready to spend. 

Feel the need to defend these guys over this, they have been manipulated by Stellar massively over this, they really didn’t want to sell but their hand was forced then they offered what they could but ultimately not enough at the moment 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

I'll hear nothing whatsoever against them.

It's a fact in football that when a player wants to go, they go.   You saw the Wes talk to staff, no one on board who doesn't believe they can win the big prize.   I am sure when Jack made it clear he wanted out and Wes realised he meant it he probably wanted him gone so we can get in people more on board with the task in hand.

• Like 3

On 23/07/2021 at 23:59, Greenfly said:

£170m in losses over the last two seasons... We're going to have to reconcile that somehow. I don't expect much more activity in this window.

Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a post in the Jack Grealish thread in response to our £100m incoming transfer fee.:blush:

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a post in the Jack Grealish thread in response to our £100m incoming transfer fee.:blush:

It's ok. It was a silly post anyway, I don't understand finances.

Worth remembering that without these guys we’d probably have sold Jack for a packet of crisps that would have gone towards the administrators fee

Â