The NSWE Board

Guest av1

34 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Without these guys I think that I would have lost all enthusiasm for the game.

With or without Jack, I’m looking forward more than ever to the new season. Thank you NSWE.

Amen Brother 👏

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We've seen that Man City's annual revenue is around 4 times that of ours. I'm hoping that, as we improve on the pitch, we can improve our commercial appeal to help us improve further on the pitch. FFP is very chicken and egg, except both are fill dogshit.

I live in the Dubai, and the non-European football fans in this part of the world are pretty unknowledgeable about teams outside of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Spurs are much further down the list, and Leicester's title win is long forgotten. The whole JG transfer has actually given Villa plenty of coverage, with the regional "fans" now at least being able to tell you which city the club hails from. 

Obviously there are many, many genuine fans of the game from the Middle East, but a huge amount that simply have no interest outside of the 'best' teams. The ones that UEFA covet, loving their half-and-half scarves, love of Real, Juve, Man U, Ronaldo and Pogba. Unfortunately, these folk spend big at club shops, event tours and TV subscriptions. Liverpool Club Stores are in all the malls in Dubai and people buy up all their shit, yet no sports shop will stock a Villa shirt. Interestingly, many will have Newcastle and the Glasgow clubs shirts, so we definitely need to improve.

Finding a way to expand the commercial revenue across the globe, without selling our soul will be a huge challenge. Given that both sports have a largely unmoulded fanbase in opposing countries, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of future collaboration with The Bucks in the near future.

Pumping more money into being the conquering team the WFC would be a smart move - Alisha Lehman has a huge Instagram following. Then again so does Trezeguet, so maybe we could do more to capture the Egyptian market (especially with Nassef and the continued good PR from Elmo). Perhaps we simply need more 'official partners': Anusol - Official DHUTWU Partner of Aston Villa F.C.

Whatever we do, it's clear that it all starts with having a likeable team that plays good, winning football and I'd like to think that we're very much on the path this season.

Excellent post.

I think winning the F.A Cup will help. And also getting into Europe and doing well helps too. Obviously getting champions League regularly is where the big money will come from.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We've seen that Man City's annual revenue is around 4 times that of ours. I'm hoping that, as we improve on the pitch, we can improve our commercial appeal to help us improve further on the pitch. FFP is very chicken and egg, except both are fill dogshit.

I live in the Dubai, and the non-European football fans in this part of the world are pretty unknowledgeable about teams outside of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Spurs are much further down the list, and Leicester's title win is long forgotten. The whole JG transfer has actually given Villa plenty of coverage, with the regional "fans" now at least being able to tell you which city the club hails from. 

Obviously there are many, many genuine fans of the game from the Middle East, but a huge amount that simply have no interest outside of the 'best' teams. The ones that UEFA covet, loving their half-and-half scarves, love of Real, Juve, Man U, Ronaldo and Pogba. Unfortunately, these folk spend big at club shops, event tours and TV subscriptions. Liverpool Club Stores are in all the malls in Dubai and people buy up all their shit, yet no sports shop will stock a Villa shirt. Interestingly, many will have Newcastle and the Glasgow clubs shirts, so we definitely need to improve.

Finding a way to expand the commercial revenue across the globe, without selling our soul will be a huge challenge. Given that both sports have a largely unmoulded fanbase in opposing countries, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of future collaboration with The Bucks in the near future.

Pumping more money into being the conquering team the WFC would be a smart move - Alisha Lehman has a huge Instagram following. Then again so does Trezeguet, so maybe we could do more to capture the Egyptian market (especially with Nassef and the continued good PR from Elmo). Perhaps we simply need more 'official partners': Anusol - Official DHUTWU Partner of Aston Villa F.C.

Whatever we do, it's clear that it all starts with having a likeable team that plays good, winning football and I'd like to think that we're very much on the path this season.

Sorry I'm out of likes but that's a great post.

It feels like we need a sporting ambassador based in these and other markets to really build the brand.

We were at our lowest low and we are already at a quarter of what a giant (spit) citeh have become, it will be difficult but surely NWSE will move heaven and earth to close the gap on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sorry I'm out of likes but that's a great post.

It feels like we need a sporting ambassador based in these and other markets to really build the brand.

We were at our lowest low and we are already at a quarter of what a giant (spit) citeh have become, it will be difficult but surely NWSE will move heaven and earth to close the gap on them.

Sporting ambassadors is a great shout. Thankfully, we have some of the savviest in the industry at the helm, so no doubt they're looking at every possible aspect.

Birmingham as a whole has been terrible at marketing itself in comparison to Manchester, but things are changing. The city has that rogue-ish "peaky Blinders" charm nowadays. Working in offshore wealth management, we have many clients from around the globe that are invested in Birmingham property are part of their investment portfolios - the write-up on the city's prospects from Knight Frank, Savills, CBRE, et al are glowing, and this travels well to Asia and MEA regions. Hopefully the Commonwealth Games goes ahead and is a success. 

It's shit that FFP allows clubs like Man U to spend the money that they don't have, but Villa can't spend the money that we do have. We all have our reasons from supporting Villa, but we need more fans generating more income in order for us to grow.

• Like 1

I think these 2 deserve a stadium flag which would be unprecedented for owners but I think they deserve it. Would be nice for the fans to be able to show their appreciation for what they have done and are continuing to do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Great Post again. They've topped up my likes now😀

That really is an incredible thing when put like that. It's almost like it's fixed, which it is of course. 

My old man moved to the UK in the 1960's, and thankfully Aston Villa chose him. Born and raised in Sutton and me and my mates from school (in the 90's) were largely all Villa fans. I left the UK in 2007, but even in my working life in the 00's in Birmingham, the amount of Villa fans in the city was dwindling in favour of Man U and Liverpool. There's enough of us out here to have a Dubai Lions Club, but nothing like the numbers of the those two plus Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City.

The club needs to improve however. As an overseas fan, they don't make it easy for me to spend money. A friend of mine in the UK has a young son, yet to be claimed by any team so I thought I'd get some stuff from the club shop for him. Not easy, as the club struggle with overseas orders, especially if they're being delivered to a different address to the one the card is registered to. Call them up and you get someone saying "yeah, our systems don't like it..." We'll get better, but we need to hoover up as much cash as we can. 

NSWE will know all too well that we have a great historical fanbase, but we need to improve the brand in order to get new fans - and then we need to allow those people the chance to spend money with the club. Much as we laugh about refillable beers glasses from the base, there's generations of people that covet swanky things and will pay for the privilege.

When you think about how much goes into owning and running a football club, it's not surprising we've suffered and missed out during the peak years of the Premier League income.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only just dawned on me, that NSWE are the four points of a compass.

Guessing everyone else realised this ages ago……

4 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Good spot! I always presumed it was 
N assef

S awiris

W es

E dens

Well it's kind of both I would say. A good play on initials. 

If you ever need to remember the order of the compass points:

Never East Shredded Wheat. 

Naughty Elephants Squirt Water. 

tenor.gif

Edited by sidcow

On 04/08/2021 at 21:11, ferguson1 said:

Without these guys I think that I would have lost all enthusiasm for the game.

With or without Jack, I’m looking forward more than ever to the new season. Thank you NSWE.

Without these guys we may of been well and truly sunk down, been devastated beyond repair andifany of the bad happened to this club I would of never paid a single bit of attention to football ever again.

So yeah I thank NSWE also.

I just hope that they are able to keep the dream alive for themselves and us. Prpbably 25 owners have come in with best intentions and found its a fixed game . I just fear that these pair of winners will get bored of not winning and spending fortunes . There has to be something in it for them . They don't have the decades long emotional connection we have . Not trying to put a dampener on the best owners we have ever had but it does concern me in the mid to long term .

Â