The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd be surprised if we were anywhere near profitable for him, whereas give it 2 to 3 years longer and we might be 

He's an investor, we are growing and are way off our plateau or a good sales value, he sits on us for a few years, invests less on players, more effort in partners and bigger sponsorship deals he starts to take money out of us, even if we just sit in 11th for the next 5 years his return would increase as our revenue would too

I don't know his world but it wouldn't make a lot of sense 

Don't know about the value. But I think we have reached Prem base camp. I don't really see making massive in roads for the next few years.

This is kinda the hard part - millions need investing to clamber a few places up the table.

It's difficult second guessing billionaire s - they think differently (that's why they are billionaire s I suppose!) In one sense if he wanted to cut his losses now would be a decent time to move.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't know about the value. But I think we have reached Prem base camp. I don't really see making massive in roads for the next few years.

This is kinda the hard part - millions need investing to clamber a few places up the table.

It's difficult second guessing billionaire s - they think differently (that's why they are billionaire s I suppose!) In one sense if he wanted to cut his losses now would be a decent time to move.

That's the thing though, he doesn't need to make us competitive to increase the value of his investment, if we stabilise in PL mid table we can increase our revenue which he can then turn in to money for himself, our revenue right now is not the 11th best in the league, its lower

Cutting losses would be one thing but again you'd expect him to have eyes open when he went in to it 

Agree that's its impossible to second guess billionaire investors but it still doesn't make sense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hmmm I find it difficult to believe that he didn’t have a understanding of the PL and how long it would take to see benefit. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't shoot the messenger - but I heard today that Wes Eden's is looking to sell his interest in Aston Villa.

Would be a shame but kind of fits this summer. Best player sold, haven’t had to put any money for transfers.

Sad, sad day for Aston Villa if true 

First  time in a long time I kind of hoped we were on the cusp of greatness again

Edited by Follyfoot

We're getting established - next year we'll get more lucrative sponsorship deals, better kit deals, etc. The value of the club is going up. 

He's an investor - investors don't look at the short term. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing though, he doesn't need to make us competitive to increase the value of his investment, if we stabilise in PL mid table we can increase our revenue which he can then turn in to money for himself, our revenue right now is not the 11th best in the league, its lower

Cutting losses would be one thing but again you'd expect him to have eyes open when he went in to it 

Agree that's its impossible to second guess billionaire investors but it still doesn't make sense

But all of that would be reflected in the price he gets. He wouldn't be selling to someone who didn't know all of that

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Hmmm I find it difficult to believe that he didn’t have a understanding of the PL and how long it would take to see benefit. 

Maybe a bad analogy, but I equate sports team ownership to having children. No amount of research can prepare you for the realities of it. 

• Haha 2

Nassef seems the more prominent of the two owners and he's by far the more wealth of the two. It was Nassef who was the one selling Jack via Zoom last year on a new contract for example. I've always wondered how difficult it is for Wes with the scale of investment as he surely has to match Nassef in terms of money put in when he's only a fraction as wealthy and large amounts of that wealth are locked in assets like the Bucks and Villa.

Anyway I assume people just looking at the fact Wes wants to set up a club in MLS and then just assuming he'd sell his stake in Villa etc..

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well between this news, JT leaving, ROK leaving, JG leaving, failing to sign 2 top  targets, several injuries and a loss to Watford, we’ve had better summers.

Leon Bailey…cheer us up! No pressure.

Scenes when "  A consortium comprised of Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and Prince William have decided to take over Wes Eden's stake in the club "

• Like 1

They have lifted the club from the CH to halfway up the PL in just a few short years. They have invested huge amounts in the team, the youngsters, and the club.

I doubt they would pull out at this stage before they have seen their efforts come to fruition.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Lets take a nuclear look at it - even if Edens sold his share, Sawiris would still be the third richest owner in the Premier League on his own. Behind Mansour and Abramovich. 

It’s still not good news though is it for one of the majority shareholders to want to bail after a couple of years. Seems like a Lerner move, almost. (If it’s even true, of course)

Edited by Tayls

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nassef seems the more prominent of the two owners and he's by far the more wealth of the two. It was Nassef who was the one selling Jack via Zoom last year on a new contract for example. I've always wondered how difficult it is for Wes with the scale of investment as he surely has to match Nassef in terms of money put in when he's only a fraction as wealthy and large amounts of that wealth are locked in assets like the Bucks and Villa.

Anyway I assume people just looking at the fact Wes wants to set up a club in MLS and then just assuming he'd sell his stake in Villa etc..

That's a good point. Also Wes has experience of sports ventures which Nas do not. Maybe the mentoring is complete.

• Like 2

Â