The NSWE Board

Guest av1

54 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

So you’re telling me when a Small Heath fan buys a Victoria Sponge from Morrison’s to have sex with, that the money goes into our transfer kitty? 

So Excited Reaction GIF

Small Heath and Victoria Sponge, two worlds collide. I think you’ll find those boys get it on with a cheese and onion hula hoop.

• Haha 3

I'm starting to think, what we see as  " Net Worth " of some people, is artificial.

It appears that our owners have SERIOUS Cash and Assets under their control ( Or at least have access TO ). 

Outside of " Net worth "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

So you’re telling me when a Small Heath fan buys a Victoria Sponge from Morrison’s to have sex with, that the money goes into our transfer kitty? 

So Excited Reaction GIF

Whilst wearing their teams Adidas kit 😉

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to think, what we see as  " Net Worth " of some people, is artificial.

It appears that our owners have SERIOUS Cash and Assets under their control ( Or at least have access TO ). 

Outside of " Net worth "

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the investment in Villa is individual and not as a part of one of their companies (e.g. FSG & Liverpool). This is ideal as there are no shareholders/board they will have to report to and please (i.e. no pressure to be profitable or payout some sort of dividends)

Fortress group which is one of Edens many businesses only bought Majestic Wines in 2019 for 100 million, now have bought out Morrisons for around 6 billion and have assets as a single company of close to 40 billion quid. Guess the recession hasn't hit these fellas to much.

They are going to want to build us into one of the biggest football teams in the Premier league no messin!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

In terms of rivalry is it quite a big one? 

In terms of Timberwolves vs. Bucks, no not really. But in terms of the state of Minnesota vs. the state of Wisconsin, definitely.

Vikings vs. Packers in the NFL is huge.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the investment in Villa is individual and not as a part of one of their companies (e.g. FSG & Liverpool). This is ideal as there are no shareholders/board they will have to report to and please (i.e. no pressure to be profitable or payout some sort of dividends)

Correct.  We are owned by them personally. Fortress which Wes runs raises funds from investors to invest in companies, the idea being Fortress run them better or split them up or do whatever it takes to make them more profitable for eventually they exit with a fat profit for the investors. Wes being the brains behind this will take hit cut. 

Some venture capitalists look to flip investments quickly and some take a longer term view.  I believe Fortress tend to be in it for the longer term. 

Wes is not personally investing $6.3 bn in Morrisons, he's investing others money. 

Poor Morrisons about to get disowned by the hordes of Mordor south of the city. How will Morrisons cope in the drop of trade. 

Mate 

All 200 of them and their sisters.

Mate

• Haha 1

I think people are getting confused with the businesses that NSWE operate in.

Wes Edens hasn't personally bid for Morrison's, the bid has been made by Fortress Investment Group which is an investment group of which Edens founded and is now a part of. Although Wes will have part ownership of Morrison's should the deal go through, it's more of a consortium/investment group deal where he will only own a percentage.

People often state that Nassef Sawiris owns Adidas. This is the same situation, he acquired a percentage of Adidas through his investment group NNS Holding; there were I believe 3 investors in this deal and they bought major stakes but not all of Adidas.

It's obviously great news for us as a club that they are both doing so well though; and if future sponsorship can come in from these businesses then even better, they have the perfect platform for it going forward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think people are getting confused with the businesses that NSWE operate in.

Wes Edens hasn't personally bid for Morrison's, the bid has been made by Fortress Investment Group which is an investment group of which Edens founded and is now a part of. Although Wes will have part ownership of Morrison's should the deal go through, it's more of a consortium/investment group deal where he will only own a percentage.

People often state that Nassef Sawiris owns Adidas. This is the same situation, he acquired a percentage of Adidas through his investment group NNS Holding; there were I believe 3 investors in this deal and they bought major stakes but not all of Adidas.

It's obviously great news for us as a club that they are both doing so well though; and if future sponsorship can come in from these businesses then even better, they have the perfect platform for it going forward.

Shhhhhhh, let us have our fun 😉

Â