The NSWE Board

Guest av1

We literally hit the nuts with these 2, knowing what we know now, if we compiled a list of potential buyers, NWSE would be the outstanding candidate, knowledge, experience, money, determination, everything. 

Well done Tony.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤩💰 

What five year plan is that then? It's a weird phrase that pops up from time to time, it's never come from NSWE.

They definitely have a plan though and they've not put a foot wrong in the last three years, they've been everything we could have wanted and more - long may it continue!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Jas10, I believe you should be the newly crowned VT Social Media dude. I don't think anyone contributes as much as yourself when it comes to posting literally all the AV content off the web. We done and keep stalking! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really seems like we have the best possible owners… probably the best in the league, what a job they have done 👏  

Evidence suggests that they have the club’s best interests at heart and are not interested in loading us with debt (rather, clearing the lot of it!) nor overly concerned with lining their own pockets…

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤩💰 

What five year plan is that then? It's a weird phrase that pops up from time to time, it's never come from NSWE.

They definitely have a plan though and they've not put a foot wrong in the last three years, they've been everything we could have wanted and more - long may it continue!

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

"Our five-year plan is to consistently improve and, to do that, you need to improve the quality of your first-team, starting XI as well as your squad and we have plans to do both this summer.

"With a couple of smart signings this summer to make us even stronger, the owners and I are highly optimistic about next season."

Purslow also detailed how he loved Villa mixing it with the so-called big boys last season following resounding results against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and others.

The 57-year-old did, however, explain how the 2020/21 campaign was "good but tinged with regret" knowing Villa flirted with European qualification for much of the season.

Let's not beat around the bush, the term "Europe" and "Champions League" have been spoken about continuously amongst Smith, Purslow and the players whenever they're interviewed.

"That has to be the aim: to plan, over the next five or six years, to try to be challenging in Europe and things like that," Smith outlined in an interview last September.

With European football comes revenue and for all of NSWE's investment the pair would like to see some sort of return.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-sawiris-grealish-21098864

Edited by Jas10

The very fact that well over 15,000 fans are on Villa's waiting list for season tickets tells you all you need to know about the success of Villa under NSWE.

The plan now, as they outlined back in March, is to expand Villa Park to take the capacity to well above the 42,785 it is today.

NSWE said it's their "long-term plan to improve our iconic Villa Park home".

Their statement added: "Preliminary designs and schemes are now being formulated, both to increase our capacity and modernise our commercial facilities."

Tickets to watch Villa have become like goldust now with allocations being sold out within minutes for this week's away matches with Walsall and Stoke.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-sawiris-grealish-21098864

Edited by Jas10

There's a difference between talking about where you want to be in five years and a "well documented five year plan" it's a peculiar journalistic myth.

They have a plan,  I'm sure have all sorts of milestones in their planning and all sorts of timescales for the things they'd like to achieve, but they've never come out and said 'this is our five year plan' they're not that daft - but it's one of those things that never seems to go away. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a difference between talking about where you want to be in five years and a "well documented five year plan" it's a peculiar journalistic myth.

They have a plan,  I'm sure have all sorts of milestones in their planning and all sorts of timescales for the things they'd like to achieve, but they've never come out and said 'this is our five year plan' they're not that daft - but it's one of those things that never seems to go away. 

I’m sure they a clearly outlined plan but they don’t feel the need to expose or share it. I really like how they keep everything “in house” and just get on with the job. They’re not interested in the media circus etc. and that’s excellent.

Purslow has given indications of what that plan is and the planned stadium redevelopment as well as our transfer activity gives credence to that, it’s a step by step process and we are progressing well…

I think it’s reasonable to want or expect European football in the short term after their past and continued investment.

• Like 1

Â