Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

The PL can't even get their own owners properly tested so that might not work.

The only way the PL can help is by the use of $$$. If it's building grassroot facilities, supporting lower league players, whatever it is, the PL has to throw $$$ at it. There is now other way.

And once it does, you will need to answer questions 2 & 3:

2. If it's money, then how much?
3. If it's an 'x' amount, why that much?

And no one has the right answer to that question.

And should the PL start taking too much money from Crystal Palace, Villa or Liverpool in order to help lower leagues, I can assure you, the clubs will simply build a new model along the lines of the ESL. 

Again, I agree with your sentiment, but it's too complex of an issue, especially as the PL is already doing a lot for English football. Is it enough? I don't know. But taking more will not go down well with the Purslow's of this world. 

judging by his answers, I think he is up for reform....its just certain proposals like Tranfer tax he was opposed to. It seems he spoke in favour as a general view of the proposal and praised MP Tracey Crouch for it.

He did say, he was in favour of a holistic reform, as opposed to just changing the odd selective thing....Its one of them where agreement has to be reached.

Ps I think its a bit rich Gary Neville having taken a kings ransom out of the game, now banging the drum, for Salford....... talk about Gamekeeper turning Poacher.

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That's why fit and proper persons needs to be stronger. And I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss regulation. I spend my working life cleaning up sites that were destroyed as a result of unregulated historical industry. The same level of damage does not happen to nearly the same extent now due to industrial regulation. 

Without regulation people act solely to serve their own interests (or what they perceive as their own interests). Or put another way- weak regulation=super league. 

If regulation makes it harder for wealthy benefactors to come in and buy clubs...well we'll only get the most motivated ones- ie those who can manage in a more considered way.  

I am not opposed to regulation in principle, just sceptical if it makes no difference. i.e it has to work, in some circumstances its difficult to see if it does......Was Grenfell tower regulated when they fitted the cladding? just saying I am not wholly convinced the industry can't regulate itself, through agreement of proposals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not opposed to regulation in principle, just sceptical if it makes no difference. i.e it has to work, in some circumstances its difficult to see if it does......Was Grenfell tower regulated when they fitted the cladding? just saying I am not wholly convinced the industry can't regulate itself, through agreement of proposals.

Fair enough. Nice discussion. 

• Like 1

Only half way through it, but it seems to me that the intention of this interview is to get ahead of the story for the name change of the ownership group and reassure that it's just to set up a City Group-esque football network and not an intention of the owners to sell up.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 2

Good to hear that they're trying to do something about transportation as it needs to be easier for people to get to and away from the matches efficiently and safely. When you have to queue for an hour and a half for a train (not that I did!) it can't be right or enjoyable. UTV!

32 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Only half way through it, but it seems to me that the intention of this interview is to get ahead of the story for the name change of the ownership group and reassure that it's just to set up a City Group-esque football network and not an intention of the owners to sell up.

Keep watching. He talks about the women's team, academy, transfer window (non-committal but hints at money to spend), and most importantly the expansion of the stadium. They've progressed to design phase for this, along with maximizing commercial opportunities around the grounds of Villa Park.

Transportation is an urgent consideration, Purslow says fans should know he is on the case so that fans don't have to queue in the freezing cold for way too long at the moment, he acknowledges the platforms can be dangerous on matchdays and he is working with local authorities to improve the transport facilities around Villa Park as soon as possible.

Gave away the capacity increase there. 50k it sounds like we are going for . Which would fit in with expanding the north stand by doubling capacity from 8 to 16k . Bearing in mind the Holte is 13.5k and that it will have huge corporate facilities most probably , means that it will be a pretty huge structure 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Gave away the capacity increase there. 50k it sounds like we are going for . Which would fit in with expanding the north stand by doubling capacity from 8 to 16k . Bearing in mind the Holte is 13.5k and that it will have huge corporate facilities most probably , means that it will be a pretty huge structure 

I believe the North Stand current capacity is around 7000 so an increase to 16000, including much increased hospitality that demands more space than stadium seating, could see the physical volume of the stand near treble. Huge!

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Interesting he said they would be submitting the planning application in the next month for development. I'd love to see the proposed drawing's. 

Presumably any drawings and detail of planning application submitted to Birmingham City Council will be available for public view.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Achieving strategic project milestones is what being a fan is all about, hey! 

Thought I'd take this to The Game's Gone thread to make the mods happy and let this stay on topic, but honestly I just can't listen to Purslow anymore. 

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He mentioned investments overseas.  Could this reignite the Las Vegas Villans speculation?

They've got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn. 

Â