Christian Purslow

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

even though I find him slightly terrifying.

I think it's because he has a touch of the Dougs with the way he speaks and articulates himself!  Hopefully that is where the similarities end 😜 

On the one hand his job is to big up the Villa at every opportunity which i think he does very well but that kind of clashes with reality at times so there can be mixed messages. I have no proof , but i think if Gerrard says the squad isnt good enough i think he will believe him more than Deano bearing in mind he was a top class player himself.

As for the capacity i would think that another 8 to 10k would be the absolute minimum they would go for as otherwise there will be zero return on investment . Isnt the new Liverpool stand 21k or thereabouts that was opened 2016 opposite to the Kop . We have the space to build a large stand so it would make financial sense to maximise that i would say 

With the club shop and corporate built into it , it would be an impressive structure. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I think it's because he has a touch of the Dougs with the way he speaks and articulates himself!  Hopefully that is where the similarities end 😜 

I also am scared by him. I think its cause hes really short. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The stuff on expansion was interesting and welcome - there are a few things in there that stood out - the primary aim is to maximise revenues from matchdays - increased hospitality is a big factor, an increased commercial presence and increased capacity - he mentions 50,000 while talking about transport, but I think that's an aspirational figure rather than a planned one - it'd be hard to make a hospitality heavy North Stand that's big enough to reach 50k.

I suppose that will depend on whether they fill in the corners as well that end.  If it’s a straight bigger model of the current standalone stand then I agree but if you include the area for those two corners plus a much bigger stand, then now you might have more opportunity to do both increase capacity and boxes.

Just now, nick76 said:

I suppose that will depend on whether they fill in the corners as well that end.  If it’s a straight bigger model of the current standalone stand then I agree but if you include the area for those two corners plus a much bigger stand, then now you might have more opportunity to do both increase capacity and boxes.

Even with the corners, it'd need to be an enormous structure - particularly if you want a big chunk of hospitality seating in there - large pitch facing lounges, areas of padded seating and so on. To reach 50,000 we'd need to add almost 8,000 seats to the North Stand which currently has a capacity of 7,086 - that means a stand that holds almost 15,000 people. For comparison, the Trinity Road Stand holds just under 13,000.

For redevelopment of the North Stand alone to bring us to 50k, even allowing for development of the corners would make it an extraordinary project. I'll be delighted if we do that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Even with the corners, it'd need to be an enormous structure - particularly if you want a big chunk of hospitality seating in there - large pitch facing lounges, areas of padded seating and so on. To reach 50,000 we'd need to add almost 8,000 seats to the North Stand which currently has a capacity of 7,086 - that means a stand that holds almost 15,000 people. For comparison, the Trinity Road Stand holds just under 13,000.

For redevelopment of the North Stand alone to bring us to 50k, even allowing for development of the corners would make it an extraordinary project. I'll be delighted if we do that!

I’ve figured it out, we are going to sit people on other peoples laps…doubles the capacity of that stand instantly 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see we are looking into a team in the US. I guess that will be a real money-spinner and profile builder. I would note that it's probably not quite the ideal league for buying a team for the kind of transfer-visa arrangements he was talking about:

37226666-9085785-image-a-24_160881607821

The MLS - if our team played in that - is there in Band 4; we would get more points for player visas by having players playing in any of the league in bands 1-3 above.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It looks like the Vegas thing is pretty advanced in terms of planning, the other main party had dropped out I believe and there is a rumour that Wes's rail company has secured a big patch of land for a station and potentially a stadium on Las Vegas boulevard, so we're clearly pushing that forward.

You might be talking about a different rumour here with the last point but Wes’ rail company is building the new high-speed LA to Vegas line and Wes wants that to mean Vegas can host some events in the LA 2028 Olympics so could all tie together. (I might just be repeating stuff people know here as I haven’t read back that far, but will stop here anyway as it’ll go off topic if I go on more on this in the Purslow thread!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would be building effectively about a third of a new stadium. It has been talked to death in these boards so I will wait with bated breath if actually anything ever happens.  It would be a huge project and cost a lot of money so we will see.

If England win the hosting right for the 2030 World Cup that would be another factor in the timetable to consider as I presume Villa would want to be part of that party.

I hope they also progress with the urban academy at Tame as it would show the club's commitment to the local area.

I am pleased that he has noted the transport issues at present. The Club would have a minimal influence on train timetabling but I would appreciate some other transport projects in the short to medium term such as more buses to the town centre after the match and a safer queuing system around Aston station.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

What was notably absent in the conversation on expansion was the urban academy building on Tame Road, which I thought had planning permission passed at the beginning of this year - there was a hope that this might be under construction already so I'm not quite sure what's happening with it.

Nothing to see here

You get planning permission based on a set of docs such as plans and elevations, depending on the procurement route they then need time to develop the tender pack which will include at least some details and sections, issue the tender pack the contractors will want a couple of months maybe more, negotiations, sign contract, lead in period, enabling works, break ground

Hard to tell where they are but it's no surprise they haven't started yet, I would guess its a design and build project and it'll start in January maybe Feb, sometime when the ground is frozen solid and the subcontract procurement is shit / lead in is lost due to Xmas because villas project management team won't ever take things like that in to consideration... 

But honest I think it's normal not to have started 

• Like 1

Â