Christian Purslow

villan-scott

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Do you think it tells a story that he's gone before the replacements are all in place? Doesn't feel like something that would happen if it was amicable on all sides.

Not really, I think Heck probably replaces most of what Purslow would do and you could argue that some of the other stuff should have been Lange's anyway. I think Monchi should be pretty imminent, but I'd reckon everything is covered. I doubt very much that transfer business is on hold, if Emery has identified players, then I'm sure that there are enough people in place to make enquiries, do the legals and manage the finance - by the sound of things we signed Tielemans without Purslow.

• Like 1

Emery doesn't have an opposition to prepare for. He's also a genius. I'm sure that after a break he'd be able to pick up some of the transfer target analysis and maybe even communicating with the target players themselves. 

There's still money men around to do the contractual negotiations and make sure we're not blowing the budget, Purslow wasn't the only employee on that side of things.

Monchi will be more likely to start preparing our target list for the winter and next summer transfer windows after he's in anyway, rather than this one, so not sure we'd need to wait for him to be in before Purslow is removed. Heck is already covering the commercial side 

Maybe there's a position that we're after where we have exhausted our original target list and we need a fresh input from Monchi, but I find it pretty unlikely at this stage of the window.

Think the timing is fine, the leaving messages look like a glowing reference from both sides, we achieved the aim of Europe within 5 years, and we're worth over 10 times what our owners paid for us 5 years ago. As a CEO, that's definitely job done.

As a well run organisation, its good to see we're not resting on our laurels and appointing what we feel we need to take the next step.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nope. I disagree.

What was he supposed to communicate about? 

The badge and sponsor was already done and stamped before he came along? What was he supposed to do at the 12th hour? For me, there's nothing he could do.

Also, has he released some sort of statement about it because I've not seen one if he has.

Not sure why he's getting the blame for the failings that were orchestrated by the last charlatan.

Purslow is/was many things but a charlatan isn't one of them.

Maybe his process resulted in a badge NSWE didn't like. But it was clear, well communicated and involved fans (rightly or wrongly) every step of the way.

I'd anticipate this impending debacle will be one of the final straws that saw him step down following months of reduced influence with the other hirings that were made since SG was sacked

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Maybe his process resulted in a badge NSWE didn't like. But it was clear, well communicated and involved fans (rightly or wrongly) every step of the way.

I'd anticipate this impending debacle will be one of the final straws that saw him step down following months of reduced influence with the other hirings that were made since SG was sacked

Imagine a new employee arriving, taking some of you duties and instantly killing a major project you had worked on for over a year at the 11th hour in the most embarrassing way possible. I’d quit too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's absolutely a charlatan and would still have a job to do nearly anything he wanted if he'd have butted out of football.

Emery must have wondered what on earth was going on. Why is this office executive anything to do with transfer targets?! I expect he said this to the owners and they agreed.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2023 at 18:47, Tomaszk said:

He's absolutely a charlatan and would still have a job to do nearly anything he wanted if he'd have butted out of football.

Emery must have wondered what on earth was going on. Why is this office executive anything to do with transfer targets?! I expect he said this to the owners and they agreed.

It's almost as if having a chief exec announce signing an Aura and a player who used to be good 5 years ago and making it all about himself isn't good for business.

Likewise with the Jack sale making it a big show and dance for him.

I called it. The owners chopped his nuts off a long time ago and it was pretty obvious why.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's almost as if having a chief exec announce signing an Aura and a player who used to be good 5 years ago and making it all about himself isn't good for business.

Likewise with the Jack sale making it a big show and dance for him.

I called it. The owners chopped his nuts off a long time ago and it was pretty obvious why.

Changed your mind on wanting him back then?;)

Â