Christian Purslow

villan-scott

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fact is we'll sign a sponsorship deal with whoever offers the most money be that Microsoft or a gambling firm. We'll sign up to whichever kit supplier offers us the most money be that Castore or Adidas. 

We'll open up as many hospitality areas as we can cram into the stadium and we'll increase ticket prices to the absolute maximum we think the fans will pay. 

And we'll do all this if we we're being run by Heck or by Purslow. 

Heck, we'd probably do this if our job depended on it. 

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fact is we'll sign a sponsorship deal with whoever offers the most money be that Microsoft or a gambling firm. We'll sign up to whichever kit supplier offers us the most money be that Castore or Adidas. 

We'll open up as many hospitality areas as we can cram into the stadium and we'll increase ticket prices to the absolute maximum we think the fans will pay. 

What you mention mate is more suited in the on-topic area. 

We are rectifying all the areas that you highlight and it is being done by Heck.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep, it's for the games gone thread, hate what football has become

And its not purslow and it's not villa, it's football, some of the comments in the on topic threads make it sound like all the current bullshit is exclusive to us

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, it's for the games gone thread, hate what football has become

And its not purslow and it's not villa, it's football, some of the comments in the on topic threads make it sound like all the current bullshit is exclusive to us

Didnt Purslow once say we were through with gambling sponsors?

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Indeed.. there's a few U-Turns.

Just like we wouldn't sign anymore players over a certain age that hold no resell value.

...only to see Coutinho eventually signed permanently on a stupid contract!  🤪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe

But then also maybe the highest non gambling sponsor offer we had was £2m per year less than what we have now

The reality is we have to whore ourselves out

The other reality is when people say "why can't we have cadburys or land rover as our main shirt sponsor?" these guys are more interested in being man utds official chocolate partner than they are our sponsor

£2m a year more is utds official Nigerian fruit juice partner, we can't turn it down

Its bollocks, we all know it's bollocks but that's where football is now, the **** gutter

Its not worth blaming purslow or heck for putting us there, the sport put us there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe

But then also maybe the highest non gambling sponsor offer we had was £2m per year less than what we have now

The other reality is when people say "why can't we have cadburys or land rover as our main shirt sponsor?" these guys are more interested in being man utds official chocolate partner than they are our sponsor

£2m a year more is utds official Nigerian fruit juice partner, we can't turn it down

Its bollocks, we all know it's bollocks but that's where football is now, the **** gutter

Its not worth blaming purslow or heck for putting us there, the sport put us there

Thats fair enough but dont be making public comments and having to backtrack

Its like when he naively said would be no more loan signings and we signed Drinkwater

• Like 2

That's another thing about modern football, we want unlimited access, we want to know everything, we want to hear from the club... But then we're going to tell the club it's a load of bollocks afterwards

I think I listened to 2 interviews from purslow in his entire time with us, 1 on talksport with Simon Jordan and 1 with Sky News (? I seem to remember it wasn't SSN)

This pre game + post game + social media stuff they make all these guys do, it should be taken with such a huge mountain of salt that it actually makes it all pointless, it's crazy how much people hold against individuals for shite they spouted on our social media channels

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe

I knew we were screwed when I saw an article about 5 or 6 years ago about Man Utd's official tractor partner, and before that there was their official Noodle partner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's another thing about modern football, we want unlimited access, we want to know everything, we want to hear from the club... But then we're going to tell the club it's a load of bollocks afterwards

I think I listened to 2 interviews from purslow in his entire time with us, 1 on talksport with Simon Jordan and 1 with Sky News (? I seem to remember it wasn't SSN)

This pre game + post game + social media stuff they make all these guys do, it should be taken with such a huge mountain of salt that it actually makes it all pointless, it's crazy how much people hold against individuals for shite they spouted on our social media channels

Pretty sure he said the betting comment at one of the fan consultations with people who dont care for his sound bites

• 1 month later...
On 29/09/2023 at 12:12, NeilS said:

I knew we were screwed when I saw an article about 5 or 6 years ago about Man Utd's official tractor partner, and before that there was their official Noodle partner.

I assume that there official tractor partner is Massey Ferguson with their name and the colour they paint all there tractors?

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I assume that there official tractor partner is Massey Ferguson with their name and the colour they paint all there tractors?

Went to have a look because I thought it was just a diesel engine tractor partner, they seem to have disappeared along with their pot noodle and Nigerian fruit juice partners

Did see that they now also have Estee lauder as an official skin care partner

They do of course still have their sunglasses, coffee and bed & pillow partner

Therabody as their official percussive therapy device partner might be my new favourite

Â