Christian Purslow

villan-scott

24 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Has she just made that up

I hope so. 

Probably hasn't though. She is so so thick. Handed so many opportunities after her playing career. I cannot believe anyone employs her. Same with most pundits though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't even understand what she's trying to get at :( 

Sounds like collusion. Pep and Arteta working together for the benefit of Arteta to push the Arsenal board to pay up for Rice and get closer to WHU valuation of Rice, otherwise without the City bid Arsenal would stop at a lower figure, and WHU wouldn’t sell. Either way can’t see that being the case here. If Aluko has done it previously she needs investigating. 

She should have all her accounts and contacts examined forensically. Calling other clubs to bid to increase someone's transfer fee benefits nobody bar the people getting paid - the player, the selling club, agents. It's about the clearest way possible to show corruption. To be honest though I think she might be such an idiot she's not corrupt and she thought that she was being super smart

• 2 months later...

So the club decided not to pursue the hair brained schemes of Purslow regarding the new club badge and the original Villa Live building but they had no option but to continue with the terrace at the Holte end?

And Sawiris, Edens and Heck are all watching on in complete dismay with no power to prevent it? To postpone it? To alter it? Maybe it’s too expensive to do stop it? More expensive than one week of Lucas Digne’s time (hahahaha)?

And despite the club being keen to move Purslow on because they decided he was no good, no forethought took place to review the ideas he was coming up with to make sure they were in line with what the club wanted to do following his departure?

Do I have this correct?

Ideally it would be nice to have some answer that doesn’t involve me or anyone else questioning the logic of the dastardly Purslow narrative being labelled as a Purslow “fan boy”, because believe it or not, I’m not particularly.

And even more optimistically it would be nice not to see people being labelled “deluded”. But whether that it is a bit of wishful thinking, I’m not sure.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Assume Purslow was offered the role of COO in the reshuffle and decided to leave. So there was still a vacancy needed to be filled. 

No, Purslow was sacked for being a charlatan and a clown. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Because i liked him

You still holding a grudge over gerrard?

So because you liked him, the rest of us should just forget one of the worst signings this club has made of any kind....

If we didn't have the owners we do, Purslow's terrible judgement could have caused a lot more damage than it did.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another thing to refuse to admit it and stand by your mistake to the near destruction of anything good...

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 06/09/2023 at 21:26, CVByrne said:

Assume Purslow was offered the role of COO in the reshuffle and decided to leave. So there was still a vacancy needed to be filled. 

We already had a COO (and as of right now, as far as I'm aware, we still do) in Paul Tyrell.

Paul Tyrell reported to Christian Purslow.

The COO reshuffle will just be Heck choosing his own second in command - it's never been a vacancy, it's a straight replacement.

I can't see that they'd have offered Purslow the position, it'd be like offering Gerrard the assistant managers job when we took on Emery.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see that they'd have offered Purslow the position, it'd be like offering Gerrard the assistant managers job when we took on Emery.

If Purslow had his way he would😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So because you liked him, the rest of us should just forget one of the worst signings this club has made of any kind....

If we didn't have the owners we do, Purslow's terrible judgement could have caused a lot more damage than it did.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another thing to refuse to admit it and stand by your mistake to the near destruction of anything good...

Ok so i assume you have the same level of hate for wes and sawiris then? As they make final call on who comes in. Lets crucify a ceo for making a bad appointment. 

Have you ever made a mistake? Or you perfect?

Edited by Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok so i assume you have the same level of hate for wes and sawiris then? As they make final call on who comes in. Lets crucify a ceo for making a bad appointment. 

Funny, you never have this sort of defence for some of our players and managers 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm sorry but this doesn't even make sense...

Purslow got his mate in, who's tactical prowess involved relying on moments of magic from individuals.

It would be great if you extended some of our players the generous slack you allow Purslow.

• Like 1

Â