Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Just now, romavillan said:

Didn't see that, yep that's better than twatting about in the stands for the cameras or trying to be seen pitchside doing it.

It’s only a small thing but I thought it was classy, which is very much in keeping with the how he conducts himself from what I’ve been told.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Any other directors?

I couldn’t help but smile at seeing him post match today. He was there at the end of the tunnel, embracing Smith and several of the players.

It was great to see that relationship but I also thought it was classy and respectful the way he did it in such a low key way.

No just himself. Yeah I also saw him at the end with Jack, Great to see. 

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s only a small thing but I thought it was classy, which is very much in keeping with the how he conducts himself from what I’ve been told.

A far cry from the likes of Faulkner, fox and wyness , we are in safe hands with purslow at the helm 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Don’t think so.

What a shame. Today summed up the club from.the fans, players and the passion. Should have been there.

Saying that wanting to be as far away as you want from unwashed blosers would perhaps be justified

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a shame. Today summed up the club from.the fans, players and the passion. Should have been there.

Saying that wanting to be as far away as you want from unwashed blosers would perhaps be justified

They aren’t Villa fans mate, they are business men with a vast array of other interests. If I’m honest I’m not sure it matters hugely.

• 3 weeks later...

We have good owners, a good manager and what sounds like a fantastic chief executive. With the move to head coach and sporting director we finally have the set up we have needed for years. No more sodding about replacing everything and setting ourselves back years if we change managers.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2018 at 17:41, thunderball said:

They refinanced the club in the summer and villa has a ‘clean slate’ in terms of its financial position, so doesn’t fear failure to get promoted this season, that carries no concern.

The clean slate is interesting.   That must be the way Purslow has convinced the EFL that FFP isn't a concern.

Edited by ender4
EFL, not Premier League

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The clean slate is interesting.   That must be the way Purslow has convinced the Premier League that FFP isn't a concern.

Yeah I wrote something similar in the FFP thread and got shot down for it. I honestly think the slate was wiped clean upon the arrival of new owners; otherwise why would anyone buy a club when they cant spend a penny on it because of existing debts. 

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah I wrote something similar in the FFP thread and got shot down for it. I honestly think the slate was wiped clean upon the arrival of new owners; otherwise why would anyone buy a club when they cant spend a penny on it because of existing debts. 

Purslow said in the interview that the owners invested money into clearing our debts.

That doesn't necessarily help with FFP though as that's just based on losses primarily.

I think what might be more obvious now is that Tony Xia was using FFP as a smokescreen for lack of money. That's not to say we're not under pressure to meet FFP, but I think we were led to believe we had ZERO money to spend and it was all because of FFP. When in reality clearly we have more leeway than that.

• Like 2

Makes FFP even more of a joke if true.

while I'm delighted if we've managed to squirm our way out of it I'd imagine other clubs might be pissed :D

Makes it a bit silly to point fingers at the likes of PSG or Man City now.

Clubs been run to the ground twice, but we just switch owners and go again. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

The clean slate is interesting.   That must be the way Purslow has convinced the Premier League that FFP isn't a concern.

I have zero idea how FFP works, what the calculation is, I think I am in very esteemed company on this matter including many actually in football, and even those who preside over breaches of FFP! 

FFP was established to basically prevent clubs over stretching themselves and collapsing which de-stabilises the respective league, more so than preventing wealthy owners or super wealthy clubs getting out of reach of the rest (as this latter point has basically failed, in fact the gap has widened if anything under FFP).

However I believe his statement re ‘clean slate’ referred to settling existing liabilities, paying the tax demands and underwriting the wages. There has been and continues to have equity being pumped into the club in return for new shares, which has the effect of removing debt from the balance sheet with new working capital (basically I read this as why Tony has had all he is having for Villa as unless he matches the ongoing the dilution of shares by buying the new issue of shares). Clearly the new owners will continue to buy debt in return for more share creation, as the only shareholders in conjunction with Tony (Recon), only they stand to lose so the outward damage is minimal, and they have extremely deep pockets so the scrutiny suggests they are unlikely to run out of money at this scale.

Thats my take anyway.

That's abit to read from Purslow too, is all good news really.

Christian Purslow does not believe that the plans that Aston Villa owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have for the club demand that the club is promoted to the Premier League this season.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-purslow-leeds-united-15559780

Â