Christian Purslow

villan-scott

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Cjay, i don't know why you are so concerned with our CEO. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your own... Unless you are a villa fan now 😏

Nothing against Villa, dont mind seeing you doing well aslong as it isnt at our expense 😜

Not concerned about our Managing Director, i dont trust a word he says🤣

I'm at peace with this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, privateer said:

Purslow isn't the 500lb silverback in the club, the two owners are and he wouldn't last five minutes if he tried to pull anything they were unhappy about.

Four owners. That we know of. He's an owner too - now admittedly it's very likely only a very small portion, and he's almost definitely a very small monkey in this jungle, but we don't know for sure. In conversation, he describes Sawiris and Edens as "my partners".

For what it's worth I like the cut of his jib, I get the feeling he could sell me a carrier bag full of dirt for ten thousand pounds and that he'd cut my throat if I didn't cough up the money - those are great traits in a CEO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Four owners. That we know of. He's an owner too - now admittedly it's very likely only a very small portion, and he's almost definitely a very small monkey in this jungle, but we don't know for sure. In conversation, he describes Sawiris and Edens as "my partners".

For what it's worth I like the cut of his jib, I get the feeling he could sell me a carrier bag full of dirt for ten thousand pounds and that he'd cut my throat if I didn't cough up the money - those are great traits in a CEO.

:lol: I'm sure he does. And they probably smile in an avuncular fashion when they hear that and allow him that indulgence.

As far as I'm concerned, we have two owners and two additional shareholders. I once held a few shares in a company I worked at but I didn't make or influence any decisions outside of the parameters of my role.

I still had a few after I left and then made no decisions or had any say at all.

I'll look back on those periods of my life as my Chris and Tone Times. :lol:

5 hours ago, privateer said:

As far as I'm concerned, we have two owners and two additional shareholders. I once held a few shares in a company I worked at but I didn't make or influence any decisions outside of the parameters of my role.

I still had a few after I left and then made no decisions or had any say at all.

I'll look back on those periods of my life as my Chris and Tone Times. :lol:

In fairness, in so far as we're aware, Tone is still the single biggest shareholder in the club. I mean, I'm very hopeful that's no longer true, but I haven't seen anything that formally says otherwise yet.

I'm sure Mr Purslow's holding isn't significant in terms of the club, but I think it'll be interesting in how it influences the way he thinks about the job.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Tone is still the single biggest shareholder in the club. I mean, I'm very hopeful that's no longer true, but I haven't seen anything that formally says otherwise yet.

You have been on companies house then. Dr NoMoney's shareholding has been steadily diluted and his share status changed to deferred. This means he gets no say on decisions and has a requirement to sell them at any point NSWE choose. 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You have been on companies house then. Dr NoMoney's shareholding has been steadily diluted and his share status changed to deferred. This means he gets no say on decisions and has a requirement to sell them at any point NSWE choose. 

I've read a lot on here about Dr Tony's shareholding being dissolved, but I've not seen it explicitly stated on anything official. It's one of those things that everyone seems to know but isn't evidenced. Like you, I'm pretty convinced it's the truth, most of the informed opinion has that standpoint and it's a sensible and logical progression, but I'm just pointing out that I can't actually find evidence of it happening. 

Now there's every chance that's just me not being very good at deciphering our complex corporate structure (Wes Edens is a director of eight different companies that are Villa or Recon related for example) - but I have been on companies house and I'm struggling to figure out where that evidence is.

Just on that, in my efforts to try to figure Villa out, as well as being a Director of each of the ten companies that make up this football club, Mr Purslow is also a Director of CMCP Investments Ltd (CMCP being his initials) I wonder if when accounts are published for that company we might get an idea of the level of his investment as a minority shareholder.

I say that with the obvious caveat that I really haven't got a clue.

• 1 month later...

Phew.  I had been worried who had sanctioned the completely nuts Bolasie deal worried it was Purslow but he came in a week after he was signed. 

Hopefully he will be keeping a much tighter reign on future signings and we don't go pissing away that kind of ludicrous money again. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Phew.  I had been worried who had sanctioned the completely nuts Bolasie deal worried it was Purslow but he came in a week after he was signed. 

Hopefully he will be keeping a much tighter reign on future signings and we don't go pissing away that kind of ludicrous money again. 

Wasn't it Wyness who said yes to bolasie.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You say that but at the time had he gone Boro and been the player he used to be we’d all be screwing!!

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You say that but at the time had he gone Boro and been the player he used to be we’d all be screwing!!

If my nan had balls she'd be my uncle.  If I lived in Ludlow. 

And I would not be screwing anyone on here I will hasten to add!! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Damn, that would have been the first bit of action I’d have had in months :angry:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Video link?

sorry, was watching on Sky Sports so no link.  It was the on-the-pitch interview with Edens, Sawaris and Purslow about 20 mins after the trophy was lifted.

It was literally 1 sentence but it just stood out as he was being serious about where we are, rather than celebrating promotion in the moment...

Its almost like we have a long-term plan and i haven't ever seen that at Villa before!

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Purslow is class. People calling him oily / snake / whatever, I think that's just typical of the role.

He's an ambitious man in a sleazy industry. If a Champions League club come in and offer him CEO role, he'll probably jump without any thought for the club, but I don't care really -- the point is he came up with a strategy that has worked.

Listen to all his early interviews, and it's clear he'd thought carefully about how to structure the coaching setup, what sort of coach would suit that setup, what transfer policy to adopt, and how to stay on board with FFP.

He's done all the hard work, and deserves a lot of credit for getting us promoted.

• Like 1

Â