Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Liverpool fan friend of mine doesnt trust this guy one bit , says not to believe a word he says.

A snake , smart enough to position himself with the right people at the right time but never lets the truth get in the way of what he says. Asset stripped them, voted in favour of the sale to the new owners (his job had been to find investment) but only after being exposed as a stooge for the old owners, but slagged them all off in the press and interfered in parts of the club like player transfers and managers that were nothing to do with him. 

Basically, if he is in charge of the day to day running of the club dont take his word for it, he is good at sounding like an honest and stand up guy, but that is often far from the truth. 

you've probably heard all this anyways lol 

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Liverpool fan friend of mine doesnt trust this guy one bit , says not to believe a word he says.

A snake , smart enough to position himself with the right people at the right time but never lets the truth get in the way of what he says. Asset stripped them, voted in favour of the sale to the new owners (his job had been to find investment) but only after being exposed as a stooge for the old owners, but slagged them all off in the press and interfered in parts of the club like player transfers and managers that were nothing to do with him. 

Basically, if he is in charge of the day to day running of the club dont take his word for it, he is good at sounding like an honest and stand up guy, but that is often far from the truth. 

Their new owners was the best thing that has happens to them in years. 

I don’t trust him. But he comes across as a saint compared to the last bloke. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

...and the one before him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Personally i know diddly squat about it.

As far as owners and their people go imo there is their truth, the fans truth, the worst case scenario and then the actual truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Don't trust anything we are told by our owners and probably never will.

Edited by Cjay
  • Like 1

Replace "Christian Purslow" in the Liverpool fans comments with "Tom Fox" and you'll have our thoughts on one of our previous CEOs who was in a similar position under Lerner.  He was brought in to find a buyer for the club and tell the fans what they wanted to hear.  

I don't know the guy and I'm naturally a pessimist, but Purslow hasn't made a bad decision yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cjay said:

Well all the Investment that was brought into Liverpool got Liverpool plenty of expensive new players, that money didn't just miraculously show up, Purslow was the man to bring it in. I don't think the owners at the time had the money to bring in the signing they did, in fact wasn't that when Torres got sold to Chelsea for 52 million??

Purslow was appointed managing director of Liverpool Football Club in June 2009, with a priority to renegotiate the £350m loan the club had outstanding with RBS and to assume overall management of the club until a new permanent CEO could be appointed. Three months into his tenure, a team headed by Purslow negotiated an £80 million 4 year shirt sponsorship deal with Standard charted bank.

No I don't think that it's rubbish either, Purslow does find business, he has obviously been finding investment at villa, apart from our owners, Purslow investment finding would of relaxed FFP.

Liverpool fans won't like Purslow because he voted for the sale of the club. What fans don't remember is the owners were unpopular and hicks tried to block the sale by removing Purslow and Ian ayre from the board and hicks installing his son in there place.

I don't think Purslow is a snake, I think he is a very smart individual who knows the back channels, knows how to get things done and his removal from Liverpool was because of two unpopular owners who didn't like that he and Ian Ayres had voted for the sale of the club to the NESV group.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cjay said:

Yep I've heard this before.

However I would say our owners would have done their homework properly here, sizeing him up better than any fans could possibly know.

The cold truth is that we as fans have no idea what goes on, you can only hope all is as seems.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well all the Investment that was brought into Liverpool got Liverpool plenty of expensive new players, that money didn't just miraculously show up, Purslow was the man to bring it in. I don't think the owners at the time had the money to bring in the signing they did, in fact wasn't that when Torres got sold to Chelsea for 52 million??

Purslow was appointed managing director of Liverpool Football Club in June 2009, with a priority to renegotiate the £350m loan the club had outstanding with RBS and to assume overall management of the club until a new permanent CEO could be appointed. Three months into his tenure, a team headed by Purslow negotiated an £80 million 4 year shirt sponsorship deal with Standard charted bank.

No I don't think that it's rubbish either, Purslow does find business, he has obviously been finding investment at villa, apart from our owners, Purslow investment finding would of relaxed FFP.

Liverpool fans won't like Purslow because he voted for the sale of the club. What fans don't remember is the owners were unpopular and hicks tried to block the sale by removing Purslow and Ian ayre from the board and hicks installing his son in there place.

I don't think Purslow is a snake, I think he is a very smart individual who knows the back channels, knows how to get things done and his removal from Liverpool was because of two unpopular owners who didn't like that he and Ian Ayres had voted for the sale of the club to the NESV group.

I bow to your knowledge mate becausei really dont know, only what I've been told and read a bit.

Seems the issue Liverpool fans have is they believe that Purslow gets credit for something he had little to do with, RBS and another creditor were pulling the strings. 

He himself was exposed in an email slagging off the potential new owners offer "bottom of the barrel" etc, but then at a fans group meeting he was slagging off his bosses (the old owners who employed him) saying they had no money and stuff.

He is also rumoured to have been responsible for various "leaks" from the top of the club to the press that were apparently less then helpful and interfered in areas he was no way qualified, he isn't a football man, sacking managers and player sales is well above his knowledge.

Finally Fernando Torres claims he was set up to look like a traitor, a leak about the transfer request which many Liverpool fans believe was Purslow, done to save face as Purslow had told Torres and the fans key players wouldn't be sold pre takeover, 3 months after completion Mascherano and Torres were sold.

Imo Purslow clearly has a financial mind and thats good for you, but he shouldn't be allowed to get to powerful, thats what happened at Liverpool and he was at least partially responsible for that mess.

Thinking about it, could the reason Purslow is so confident you are clear of FFP is because he is trying to bring in outside sponsorship to counter ffp? 

If thats his job he has to sound confident and thats the sort of thing he has done before.

Edited by Cjay

14 hours ago, Cjay said:

Our last CEO was Keith Wyness.

I'll take my chances. lol

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Image result for wyness thumbs up gif

Glad Wyness has gone, he was dodgy. I'll raise you a purslow and see how that works because it can't be no worse than a Wyness in the club,he wassposed to help villa make money not draining as much as possible.

Yeah Purslow appointment was what the club needed.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

I bow to your knowledge mate becausei really dont know, only what I've been told and read a bit.

Seems the issue Liverpool fans have is they believe that Purslow gets credit for something he had little to do with, RBS and another creditor were pulling the strings. 

He himself was exposed in an email slagging off the potential new owners offer "bottom of the barrel" etc, but then at a fans group meeting he was slagging off his bosses (the old owners who employed him) saying they had no money and stuff.

He is also rumoured to have been responsible for various "leaks" from the top of the club to the press that were apparently less then helpful and interfered in areas he was no way qualified, he isn't a football man, sacking managers and player sales is well above his knowledge.

Finally Fernando Torres claims he was set up to look like a traitor, a leak about the transfer request which many Liverpool fans believe was Purslow, done to save face as Purslow had told Torres and the fans key players wouldn't be sold pre takeover, 3 months after completion Mascherano and Torres were sold.

Imo Purslow clearly has a financial mind and thats good for you, but he shouldn't be allowed to get to powerful, thats what happened at Liverpool and he was at least partially responsible for that mess.

Thinking about it, could the reason Purslow is so confident you are clear of FFP is because he is trying to bring in outside sponsorship to counter ffp? 

If thats his job he has to sound confident and thats the sort of thing he has done before.

I always prefer to judge a person based on what I know of him, rather than others' opinion of him. So far, I think he is just what we need.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I always prefer to judge a person based on what I know of him, rather than others' opinion of him. So far, I think he is just what we need.

Fair point, if we believed Boro on Orta you'd have thought wed appointed Pol Pot, he isnt perfect but could be a hell of a lot worse. (Victor obviously not Pot) 

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I remember our old CEO (Wyness) saying how good your current owners were going to be and that it made you much more of a threat to what we wanted to do. It was when they'd just arrived and bought Elland Road back.

It's worth noting that Purslow's position here is different to any he's held before - he's both CEO and part owner. It'll be interesting to see if that makes any difference to his approach.

• Like 1

I'm not worried about Purslow. He does come across as a bit oily and I'm far from convinced I'd want to work for him. However, so far he has shown himself to be a pretty damn good appointment thus far. Bruce only lasted 6 weeks under him, for a start. :lol:

And when all is said and done, he isn't ever going to be to Swedens what Jabba The Wyness was to Xia. Purslow isn't the 500lb silverback in the club, the two owners are and he wouldn't last five minutes if he tried to pull anything they were unhappy about.

Â