Christian Purslow

villan-scott

We really did waste our time with the Dr didn't we.

Were in such a better place now compared to how we were it's ridiculous.

Imagine Bruce and Wyness sat together giving an interview like that.

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

it wouldnt be Wyness & Bruce, it would have been Wyness, Bruce, a tray of Kebabs and Xia sneaking away in the background with a suitcase full of blank cheques.......

• Haha 2

Purslow comes across that he knows exactly what to do to run a big football club and has shown that he takes no shit of anyone regarding performance and transfer dealings I.e. £60m buyout clause in Jack's contract and love the approach about loan players unless we have a buy out clause agreed such as in the loan agreements for Hause and Mings.

Edited by New_Hope

We have been stung before and I have placed so much false hope in the people in charge, it's not all down to him of course but I think we really do have had a good one, finally.

He's not a bullshitter,  he isn't winging it....he is clearly a highly inteligent and sensible man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

“We are Aston Villa, we have parades when we win cups, when we win leagues”.

Thank god for that it would have been so small fry. They are right cups and leagues only. We ain't Blose or West brom

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

Don’t forget Spurs were about on a level with us during the MON period, slightly above but not by much. They sold Bale but spunked the money, their success has actually come from shrewd scouting and buying, player development and very good management, not the super star model of MU, MC, Chelsea. 

And their star player and captain is a local lad, lifelong fan, one of their own. 

Edited by mjmooney

Very good interview. Gives me such hope for the future. A helluva change from one year ago when we really were rock bottom.

Surprised at Purslow's knowledge of the games and individual moments, and his reading of the games.

And good to see that because of the financial strength of the owners there will be no more loans and developing players for other club's benefit.

He is loving his involvement with the club, and you can see he relishes the opportunity of competing with his peers in the Premier League.

Have the stars finally aligned for us? We would deserve it. 

This guy sounds like a thoroughly decent and sensible fella. Doesn't get over excited, but gets that the fans are important and the engagement achieved over recent months is critical in the future.

Both were quick to praise others when applicable (Potato/Cabbage man; Suso; etc) and seemed thoroughly in control.

I feel we're lucky to have him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

It's all part of a tapestry man.

Bruce, Xia....shit, even Lambert, Garde etc.......Micah Richards, Gabby, McCormack.

It's all the same story, we're just starting to get to the good parts of the book ;)

I think we are in good hands. 

NSWE

Purslow

Suso

Smith

O'Kelly

Terry. 

When you compare that to the sh#t we've had over the last few years it's night and day. And not to take anything away from the players but it can't be a coincidence that getting things right off the pitch has coincided with such a fantastic season on the pitch. 

He may be a short guy but he seems like a very powerful character. I wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of him. 

Would have loved to seen his first meeting with Bruce. Would have been interesting. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

“We are Aston Villa, we have parades when we win cups, when we win leagues”.

......and when paradise circus has gotten rid of all them roadworks !

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

......and when paradise circus has gotten rid of all them roadworks !

Fits in nicely with our 5 year plan then!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Purslow & Deano discuss play offs, promotion, summer planning, transfers etc.

I mean, you never know what really goes on behind closed doors (Xia/Lerner prove it.......), but im really hopeful now and fairly confident that this club is FINALLY being run properly.

You know what, with this new management structure and Deano leading us, in hindsight im so glad we didnt go up last season, if we did we would have had Xia and Brucie doing god knows what to this club........all good things come to those who wait i suppose :)

Blessing in disguise

Â