Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Just now, Nigel said:

This could be a season defining moment!

Get the win against Wigan then everything looks a bit better.  

Its surprising what things seasons hang on.

A couple more additions and getting Jack back and I’ll feel more comfortable, the last few weeks have put a bit of a downer on things.

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’m away in Wales for this week, took my better half away so I could propose (thankfully she said yes). So yesterday was a pretty good day for me, waking up to this is great news. Just need the win against Wigan for a hat-trick and the perfect week away 👍

How would you rank it?

1. Tammy

2. Three points

3. Engagement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Just to err on the side of caution before everyone gets the party poppers out i guess...

a-vfc-fabian-delph-im-not-leaving-im-sta

Think there is a big difference from Manchester city and a a small town made of ambrosia

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’m away in Wales for this week, took my better half away so I could propose (thankfully she said yes). So yesterday was a pretty good day for me, waking up to this is great news. Just need the win against Wigan for a hat-trick and the perfect week away 👍

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you both. Being Welsh myself, you made a great choice in coming here for a nice week. 

Well done on the engagement too. 

Edited by Wezbid

Whilst i am very happy with the news being banded about at the moment but please excuse me for being a tad cynical here, but i'll wait until February before getting too excited.

Football is not the real world and heads can still be turned with various conversations etc etc.....

• Like 1

I'm still hesitant to fully allow myself to believe anything until the window is closed as we've been burned before and regardless of what Abraham may have decided, there'll always be agents at work looking to do what's best for them.

That said, this looks pretty good and is a massive boost to us considering how much of a lost cause it looked. I think those that have said he wouldn't be much of a loss are way, way off the mark. The goals (and the ratio of them) speak for themselves, you can point to missed chances but the fact is we're a Championship side and strikers that doesn't miss chances don't play in the Championship. Abraham scores more than he misses and he scores a lot, the goals he has - and will - scored and the amount of them have been invaluable and I suspect irreplaceable at this level.

We've got to make the most of this while we have the chance now and get in the quality where we need it. The goals scored should be sorted, it's just the other end that needs fixing. Get in a good left back and a proper DM (a right back would also be nice but I doubt we'd go for one seeing as we've three already in the squad), and by the time Jack gets back we might actually be fit to challenge for promotion.

Then obviously we go up, sign Tammy permanently and he scores a couple of hat tricks against Wolves next season as we saunter up the table *wipes claret and blue spectacles*

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Tammy staying - I can understand your excitement - as for the other bit - not so much !

I think Chelsea's position has helped a lot. It seems they were unwilling to sell him and essentially asked Tammy where he wanted to play the second half of the season on loan. 

If Wolves were buying him outright I think he may have left but the fact he would come into a team who are doing well at the moment his chances of getting into the team would be relatively low, at least for the first few months. 

Anyway, if he does stay I will be happy, a proven goal scorer is always hard to come by at any level and even harder to replace. 

• Like 1

Â