Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Wolves fans I know didn’t want him and are actually relieved it’s not happening. 

Yeah of course they didn’t. They are absolutely gutted that even in them championship we are bigge and more attractive than them for players. 

4 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I’m away in Wales for this week, took my better half away so I could propose (thankfully she said yes). So yesterday was a pretty good day for me, waking up to this is great news. Just need the win against Wigan for a hat-trick and the perfect week away 👍

You took her to Wales and she still said yes? Blimey. 

Only joking mate, congratulations to you both! 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah of course they didn’t. They are absolutely gutted that even in them championship we are bigge and more attractive than them for players. 

Genuinely, do you think Abraham chose to stay because Villa are a huge club?  Villa are obviously a big club, but I can't see that having much of a bearing on a footballer's decision unless there's little else between two choices.

Without an option to sign him permanently I didn't see much in this move for Wolves.

I think If he had of gone having not made a training session if true would of been very sour of him. Yet he's ditching that whopping offer to remain with us which I think show what a character he is.

Goes to show money isn't always everything to a player, he's made the rite move..

9 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

It's always so easy to just say 'it's for the money'. We said it about Milner, Delph, Young and so on—all of them became Premier League winners, managed to continue being England internationals and have generally done a lot for their careers. Wolves are a Premier League club—and a good one—that's enough motivation for him.

Misunderstood, I don't care how much he gets paid. I just think he'd be better of staying where he is. Plus he's the best striker we've got

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Neither did Wolves, so they only offered him £120k a week. 

True, if we believe the Sun, who also reported that Chelsea had accepted an 18m bid.

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

True, if we believe the Sun, who also reported that Chelsea had accepted an 18m bid.

You're right - it doesn't matter, Villa was first choice even if they paid him the same. Tammy's got excellent taste. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You're right - it doesn't matter, Villa was first choice even if they paid him the same. Tammy's got excellent taste. 

I guess we'll see by the end of the summer transfer window.  I believe Villa will need to look for a replacement unless you think he might stop next season as well.  I think you mostly can see the reliance on loans is an issue.

I realise Wolves had a lot of loans last season, but they were all with an option to buy, which allowed us to pick the ones that worked out.  Villa don't generally have this in place I don't believe.

12 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Genuinely, do you think Abraham chose to stay because Villa are a huge club?  Villa are obviously a big club, but I can't see that having much of a bearing on a footballer's decision unless there's little else between two choices.

Without an option to sign him permanently I didn't see much in this move for Wolves.

There could be all sorts of factors. I personally think he has become quite fond of Villa and genuinely wants to help us get promoted. He seems quite close to the other players as well.  Yes he had a chance to move to the Premier League but he probably would have had to play as a second striker to the Mexican chap. 

Wages wise I think he would have continued on the same. 

He is scoring goals and enjoying his football. He is 21 years old and is owned by a Premier League club and that is where he will eventually end up.

Whatever his reasons for staying it’s massive for us and doesn’t really matter for you. 

• Like 2

Personally thought there was no advantage for Tammy or Chelsea loaning him to Wolves for six months and he was better off staying where he is and continue banging them in. If he does, his value will increase and be worth more to Chelsea, and other clubs will be chasing him for next season including Villa if promoted.

Great news and well done Tammy.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There could be all sorts of factors. I personally think he has become quite fond of Villa and genuinely wants to help us get promoted. He seems quite close to the other players as well.  Yes he had a chance to move to the Premier League but he probably would have had to play as a second striker to the Mexican chap. 

Wages wise I think he would have continued on the same. 

He is scoring goals and enjoying his football. He is 21 years old and is owned by a Premier League club and that is where he will eventually end up.

Whatever his reasons for staying it’s massive for us and doesn’t really matter for you. 

Absolutely agree with this.

Trying to look at it objectively from the player's point of view, it seems a little strange to me as he's proved over a good amount of time that he's an outstanding Championship striker, where as his ability to cut it in the premier league is still a question.

That to me was the advantage to the move from his point of view, playing in a better Premier League team than he had at Swansea.  And from Chelsea's point of view there is only upside, either his value as a Championship player remains, or he increases his value by showing he can cut it at a higher level.

I always though the move was a bad one for Wolves and Villa.

• Like 1

Â