Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah of course they didn’t. They are absolutely gutted that even in them championship we are bigge and more attractive than them for players. 

We will probably always be the bigger club, but wolves are a way more attractive club to play for. Why?... because they are in the premier league, and making a decent go of things. It’s not like the old days where players would drop down a league to play for some unfortunate big club who had found themselves relegated.    Now if Man Utd got relegated next season, then you would have players joining them over prem clubs, purely because of the how massive they are. The same doesn’t apply to us. Look at Bryant who chose Fulham over us because it was premier league football. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I guess we'll see by the end of the summer transfer window.  I believe Villa will need to look for a replacement unless you think he might stop next season as well.  I think you mostly can see the reliance on loans is an issue.

I realise Wolves had a lot of loans last season, but they were all with an option to buy, which allowed us to pick the ones that worked out.  Villa don't generally have this in place I don't believe.

He will leave us 100% if we fail to go up. Obviously I’m glad he’s stayed, and tbf , I don’t think he’s made a bad decision at all. If he could have walked into your team, then it probably would have been a different story. One thing I will say, and I may be wrong, is that I think Tammy is actually enjoying himself here, and he’s built a good relationship up with the fans. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you really believe that?

Id trade places with them any day.  They’ve got 7 Portuguese internationals, one of them is one of the most highly rated young midfielders around. I’m sure they’ll get over Tammy Abraham. 

I personally think it’s embarrassing to be even gloating about him staying considering where they are and where we are. 

Embarrassing give me a break. Lighten up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You took her to Wales and she still said yes? Blimey. 

Only joking mate, congratulations to you both! 

Thanks, first time for us both so didn’t know what to expect. Pretty isolated where we are so couldn’t go wrong really  lol

33 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Genuinely, do you think Abraham chose to stay because Villa are a huge club?  Villa are obviously a big club, but I can't see that having much of a bearing on a footballer's decision unless there's little else between two choices.

Without an option to sign him permanently I didn't see much in this move for Wolves.

Only Tammy knows the answer to that question. But he obviously didn’t see wolves as a big enough club otherwise he wouldn’t have rejected you. 

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Wolves fans I know didn’t want him and are actually relieved it’s not happening. 

It's a bit like those dickheads that sprint for a bus.. and they just miss it, then make out they didn't want it anyway.

Rocket Polishers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But he obviously didn’t see wolves as a big enough club otherwise he wouldn’t have rejected you. 

Again, I doubt this was a big factor in the decision, as much as football fans like to think it is.

I could be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We will probably always be the bigger club, but wolves are a way more attractive club to play for. Why?... because they are in the premier league, and making a decent go of things. It’s not like the old days where players would drop down a league to play for some unfortunate big club who had found themselves relegated.    Now if Man Utd got relegated next season, then you would have players joining them over prem clubs, purely because of the how massive they are. The same doesn’t apply to us. Look at Bryant who chose Fulham over us because it was premier league football. 

Obviously the premier league is a bigger draw but let’s just remind wolves this is the only season in the premie league they have been there and we haven’t. Be in the premier league for twenty years and have as much success as we did. 

Funny enough as much as I’ve loved making fun of wolves I don’t Mind them as a club. I dom5 have a dislike to the, like West Brom and blose.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Obviously the premier league is a bigger draw but let’s just remind wolves this is the only season in the premie league they have been there and we haven’t. Be in the premier league for twenty years and have as much success as we did. 

Funny enough as much as I’ve loved making fun of wolves I don’t Mind them as a club. I dom5 have a dislike to the, like West Brom and blose.

I know the craic mate. We are having our noses rubbed in it my a club who are finally playing in a league above us for the first time in years, and do you blame them? Villa are always an easy target for blues, Albion and now wolves, purely because we’ve been top dogs for years. Those clubs will enjoy seeing our fall from grace. It’s win win for them. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Dem, it’s not about size of club. Bournemouth could probably attract Tammy. Decent set up, play good football, good manager, and holding their own. They are a tiny club, wolves are a pretty big club, so it’s nowt to do with that. 

I don’t wolves are that big tbh, Bournemouth I would argue have a better opportunity of getting Tammy. Eddie Howe is a remarkable manager there, but that’s @ separate debate.

we can all speculate  but like Andy I don’t know. It could be a number of factors. On,y ta,my knows

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ridiculous so we are all blosers for making fun of our rivals ?? You are aware this is a football forum?

I’m delighted he is staying but I’ll take the piss out of them when we are above them in the Premier Lesgue, not when a loaned player decides to stay with us on loan rather than join them on loan!

It’s small time bluenose mentally.  Soon you will be saying the only thing that matters in a season is that we’ve beaten the bluenoses.  Forget promotion. 

Unless you don’t already think that. Wouldn’t surprise me. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I know the craic mate. We are having our noses rubbed in it my a club who are finally playing in a league above us for the first time in years, and do you blame them? Villa are always an easy target for blues, Albion and now wolves, purely because we’ve been top dogs for years. Those clubs will enjoy seeing our fall from grace. It’s win win for them. 

Yep I get it but I think it silly that we can’t make fun of them back. Let them have their fun, I can guarantee wolves won’t have twenty years in the top flight and the success we did, West Brom fans made fun of us and look what happened to them. 

Â