Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m delighted he is staying but I’ll take the piss out of them when we are above them in the Premier Lesgue, not when a loaned player decides to stay with us rather on loan rather than join them.

It’s small time bluenose mentally.  Soon you will be saying the only thing that matters in a season is that we’ve beaten the bluenoses.  Forget promotion. 

Unless you don’t already think that. Wouldn’t surprise me. 

You do as you please buddy I won’t stop you, but at the same time don’t start labelling fans that want to mock their rivals a bloser mentality. 

We will get to where we belong I’m certain of it and wolves won’t be holding the crown for long 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yep I get it but I think it silly that we can’t make fun of them back. Let them have their fun, I can guarantee wolves won’t have twenty years in the top flight and the success we did, West Brom fans made fun of us and look what happened to them. 

Oh yeah definitely mate. I’ve texted one or two wolves mates taking the piss, and when I found out he was staying I laughed out loud. We’ve got a little victory over them, but they are winning the war at the moment. We need to get back up there with them. I also think wolves could have a long stay in the prem with the team they have, and the possible financial power they supposedly have. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Dem, it’s not about size of club. Bournemouth could probably attract Tammy. Decent set up, play good football, good manager, and holding their own. They are a tiny club, wolves are a pretty big club, so it’s nowt to do with that. 

Yeah agree. If Wolves was a permanent deal then I think he was gone. My guess would be the idea of another loan into a great team where he wasn't guaranteed to start and which could, consequently, affect his sale at the season's end was a key factor. I always felt that he isn't in a sitation at villa where he could lose. If he keeps scoring people will always want him as as long as his name is out there for banging in goals then he's always in a shop window for Prem teams.

Let’s not get our knickers in a twist over this. Would I swap with Wolves current position, yes of course, that’s the direction we are all hoping that we’re heading. But if the question is would I rather be Wolves or Villa, then the answer is a resounding VILLA. I can’t define my feelings for the club in simple terms of league position. A professional footballer may see it in those terms, but surely not a fan. To a fan it’s about so many things, too many to mention here, but success despite being the one thing we all crave is rarely a defining factor as to why we support a club. Unless you’re talking about Man City fans who used to be Man U fans and previous to that were Liverpool fans. 

• Like 2

Tammy did say he wants that golden boot most of all, a move away from championship would of drowned that. He's determined to get it, that is incentive alone to stay put at our club, obviously trophys mean more to him than some extra cash, that I can respect and because of that, he should be ours, if we can make it happen down the line.

Still think we should make a move for Maupay, brentford saying could be around 15.8 mill though, but we need to look beyond Tammy in the end, sell or trade Hogan to brentford if they will have him part of the deal.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy did say he wants that golden boot most of all, a move away from championship would of drowned that. He's determined to get it, that is incentive alone to stay put at our club, obviously trophys mean more to him than some extra cash, that I can respect and because of that, he should be ours, if we can make it happen down the line.

Still think we should make a move for Maupay, brentford saying could be around 15.8 mill though, but we need to look beyond Tammy in the end, sell or trade Hogan to Brentford if they will have him part of the deal.

Take him back !!! your having a laugh,  You will have problems giving him away, we had the very best years out of him before we mugged Bruce off 🤣

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Oh yeah definitely mate. I’ve texted one or two wolves mates taking the piss, and when I found out he was staying I laughed out loud. We’ve got a little victory over them, but they are winning the war at the moment. We need to get back up there with them. I also think wolves could have a long stay in the prem with the team they have, and the possible financial power they supposedly have. 

It's not possible financial power - it's serious financial power this mob have now. They now have the financial clout to stay in the premier league so long as fosun hang around😞

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Still think we should make a move for Maupay, brentford saying could be around 15.8 mill though, but we need to look beyond Tammy in the end, sell or trade Hogan to brentford if they will have him part of the deal.

No thanks - Maupay and his theatrics can stay right where they are for me.

Everything that is wrong about modern day footballers imo 

6 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you both. Being Welsh myself, you made a great choice in coming here for a nice week. 

Well done on the engagement too. 

I bet it pissed down all week though! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dave J said:

It's not possible financial power - it's serious financial power this mob have now. They now have the financial clout to stay in the premier league so long as fosun hang around😞

Yeah, I’ve heard they are loaded. See how it pans out for them, but they are going to have to spend some serious money to be up there. 

I can't allow myself to forget the Delph Conspiracy and get carried away by today's news. However, if Tammy was to publically declare that he doesn't she'd his skin and slither around on his belly, well, then I'd be ecstatic :)

Someone shut that transfer window quick - but only when our new RB, LB and DM have signed! 

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Woah there.  I know we expect highly paid footballers to focus 100% on the game now but surely a little "whoops Vicar" at the local amateur dramatics company is allowed! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Everything that is wrong about modern day footballers imo 

What?? All he did was a stamp. Grealish was just as bad once. 

Edit: it was pretty nasty I admit. But what’s it got to do with modern day footballers?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Carno, very quiet. Needed the break really, at least we’ve got WiFi 😅

Very Rural 🙂  I went to university not too far from there.  I remember many years ago my parents looking at a house there near the old Laura Ashley factory.  Mind you the place's claim to fame was being the LSD capital of the world back in the 70's!

Congratulations on the engagement by the way

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What?? All he did was a stamp. Grealish was just as bad once. 

Edit: it was pretty nasty I admit. But what’s it got to do with modern day footballers?

Maupay is a horrible, cheating little shit. Nothing to do with modern day, everything to do with being a horrible, cheating little shit. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why though? How is he different to how Grealish was?

Must say I don’t remember Grealish ever trying to break the leg of a player who had just been grappled to the floor by a team mate.

But anyway haven’t you answered your own question? Grealish “was”, Maupay “is”.

I would be sorry to see such a violent player come to the club although I recognise Smith might want to sign him if he gets the chance.

Â