Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I don't think he's that good. He's been poor for large parts of the season and had a couple of decent games lately. 
I think there is potential, but he's very hit and miss. I wouldn't be busting a gut to sign him unless the price was very attractive. 

• Like 3

I see it this way, he's to selfish and gives the ball away to often for my liking. He also abandons any defensive duties and against Leeds left Taylor to sort it out himself , that's before he got sent off 

• Like 1

I agree he's a bit hit or miss for me. He has good games but he also has poor ones, too. He is often guilty of trying too much and will often do something fantastic but immediately follow it up by giving the ball away needlessly. But he has seemed to improve over the course of the season, and on his day he can be a real threat. We need him for the play offs, that's for sure and he's far better going forwards than Green or Adomah.

Between McGinn, Grealish, Whelan and Hourihane we have the best midfield in the league. If we had a serious weakness (now the defence is sorted to an extent), it would be our wide attacking players. El Ghazi has been really good at times, but also goes missing and doesn't cover his full back. And he's still a far better option than Adomah or Green (although I do have hopes for Green long-term - could be my Villa-tinted specs). 

If he was available for 5mil or less, I'd probably take him. 

With Lille likely to receive £60-100m for Pepe in the summer perhaps we can get a cheeky bid in and sign him for even less than the touted £6m while they are giddy counting all that moolah?

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not particularly good yesterday but he wasn't alone in that, I'd sign him up in an instant for the right price, he's come on leaps and bounds this season. 

He's young, he'll improve under Smith's guidance and his pace frightens full backs. As long as the asking price is sensible I'd snap him up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I don't think he's that good. He's been poor for large parts of the season and had a couple of decent games lately. 
I think there is potential, but he's very hit and miss. I wouldn't be busting a gut to sign him unless the price was very attractive. 

Given it's still his first season I think he has got better with games unlike Adama who to this day still has little to no end product and look how much he got sold for. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tinker said:

I see it this way, he's to selfish and gives the ball away to often for my liking. He also abandons any defensive duties and against Leeds left Taylor to sort it out himself , that's before he got sent off 

I’m unsure of what your comment in bold added. Did you expect him to provide defensive cover after he got sent off?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Trouble is Bamford got booked (for something, god knows what) so the EFL will probs be able to say he already got punished for his part in the incident. So long as AEG’s red card is rescinded I’ll be happy.

Bamford got booked for his involvement in the fracas. So did Hourihane.

If Bamford doesn’t receive further punishment, which was sort of separate from the fight, I can’t see how Hourihane would face it either. For all we know the ref booked Hourihane for the punch/dig to the ribs.

If the offer was El Ghazi’s to be rescinded, Bamford and Hourihane to have a two and one game match ban respectively, then I’d take that.

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

He's young, he'll improve under Smith's guidance and his pace frightens full backs. As long as the asking price is sensible I'd snap him up

Me too, if we got promoted, signing another winger of his standard will likely be a lot more expensive than whatever the agreed price is for El Ghazi.  The other bonus in keeping El Ghazi is we know what kind of attitude he has, which appears to be a good one considering how he has knuckled down after a pretty poor spell unlike Bolasie, and Smith must have an idea of his potential to improve.  I really hope we can get to keep all our loan players.

IDK...  I have way too many reservations about him.  He isn't consistent enough at this level yet.  Some games he dominates everything, but others he goes completely missing.  Whenever we play a physical game where he gets muscled off the ball a lot, he struggles to have any kind of impact on the match.  If we're in the Championship next season, I wouldn't mind signing him, but if we go up to the Premier League, we need someone not afraid of the physical side of the game in order to survive.

No brainier to keep him if we can get the deal done - he’s the only decent winger we’ve got. He has shown he knows how to cross a ball unlike the filth  which is produced on the other side.

He has the ability to get the opposition defenders back peddling and isn’t afraid to beat his man down the wing.

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You could say the same about the team as a whole though. Before the 10 wins in a row we had 10 wins in 34. Things are definitely improving lately and he has played a considerable part in that. Young lad, foreign country, different language, 2 different managers and the entire defence behind him has changed since xmas. Hardly his fault that some of this may have made it more difficult to settle

• Like 1

Â