Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

lets not forget that emery would be able to get even more of a tune out of AEG than previous managers....he already had decent numbers when you look at his time here, knows the prem well and will be able to handle playing european teams no problem with his experience in the competition, low wages, still pretty young. Emery could help make AEG into a beast. Sometimes these deals arent the worst thing to do, Hammers are signing lingard on a deal, johnny evans gone to man utd for a year, i do think it could make sense for all parties tbh. we know what we will get with AEG and its guaranteed double figures goals and assists

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He couldn't get a game at PSV. Anwar is a hero and all but No Thanks

That's just not true.  He played in 23 games. Got equivalent of 13 games worth of minutes and scored 8 goals for the team that finished 2nd.

You could point to the fact he was released by them and they wrote off any potential sale fee by doing so, suggesting they didn't feel he was worth the 28k or so that he was on, but maybe they're not in need of him. Arguably we aren't, and are shorter in other departments, but I'd say he'd be better for us than Coutinho.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wouldn't be bad to fill a Coutinho shaped hole for 1 season for the ECL. We need bodies, and we'll need to wait til January to get anyone in. 

yeah, I don't really see downside to a one year deal for him 

56 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looks like he’s been on the pilgrimage to Mecca, wonder / assume if this is why his contract was ended with PSV

How do you mean?  Going to Mecca would be pretty straightforward at short notice for someone of El Ghazi’s means. He could decide the day before and jump on a plane from Amsterdam. 

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

How do you mean?  Going to Mecca would be pretty straightforward at short notice for someone of El Ghazi’s means. He could decide the day before and jump on a plane from Amsterdam. 

I thought there was a whole thing about it and that Muslims are expected to undertake it all at least once in their lifetime, thought it was like a month long trek or something but I’ve probably misunderstood 

• Thanks 1

Ah.  That’s Hajj which is on a prescribed date every year (it moves by 11 days because lunar calendar) and the biggest hassle in getting that is getting a visa from Saudi Arabia because they need to control the size of the crowds, which are roughly limited to two million. 

This was umrah, a minor pilgrimage, and probably no more difficult to organise than a long weekend in Dubai or The Caribbean. 

• Like 2

The games against Everton in the cup and legia Warsaw at home, not to mention az alkmaar who I’m sure anwar has played against many times, with all those games and more it makes so much sense for us to reach out and make an offer…time is running out!

Â