Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 11/09/2021 at 13:40, PussEKatt said:

I am not comparing him to Frank Lampard but I must say he scores nearly as many goals.When you take into account that he is a midfielder and not a forward his goal scoring is impressive.He is definately a player we need to keep,at least for the rest of this season.

Wingers are probably expected to contribute more goals than a number 8 CM generally.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a game of moments, and if he'd squared across the 6-yard box for one of our players (may have been Archer, I could barely tell) instead of shooting straight at Kepa from an angle that could never have led to a goal, we might have won that. Harsh to say it but I feel him not lifting his head up pretty much cost us there.

It was archer, and it would have been a tap in. Definitely cost us a goal... can't say it definitely cost us the win, but probably did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If we got a last minute penalty, like West Spam did against Man U, I could honestly see Dean bringing him on just to take the pen. Unlike Noble he would score it too!

Depends who else is on the pitch. Ings scored no problem v Watford albeit we were going to lose that anyway so no pressure. Would imagine Bailey has taken penalties in the past and has the personality for it and Buendia slotted away the pressure 5th kick no problem aswell so we're not short of options when we have the main team out.

El Ghazi is ice cool though. Must've taken about ten penalties for us now with different levels of pressure e.g. last minute one when we were 6 down to Man. City compared to 0-0 at Wolves but he scores them no bother and keepers never really get close to saving them.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Are people seriously blaming AEG for us not progressing to the next round?? What if Archer had scored on the 2 chances clean through, then we would have won the game.

Nope, just commenting that he doesn't contribute much if it involves competing for the ball.

Edited by jimmygreaves

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

It was archer, and it would have been a tap in. Definitely cost us a goal... can't say it definitely cost us the win, but probably did. 

I dont go along with that.Archer missed 2 decent chances in the first half,especially the one where the GK was out of his goal but then Archer did score our only goal.IMHO both teams had chances that they didnt take and considering we had 3 academy players on at the end and they had Lukaku and Barclay I thought it was a result to be proud of.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Are people seriously blaming AEG for us not progressing to the next round?? What if Archer had scored on the 2 chances clean through, then we would have won the game.

Archer isn't an experienced fully fledged pro, hasn't had a number of years playing at the top, and scored a more difficult chance than one of the ones he missed. The other clean through chance was a very good save.

I was blaming AEG for not squaring the ball to our striker who would have had an open goal to aim at.

I also blame Young for not hitting the target with his penalty, which is inexcusable.

Can't blame any of the kids who probably did better than anyone could reasonably have expected from them.

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Archer isn't an experienced fully fledged pro, hasn't had a number of years playing at the top, and scored a more difficult chance than one of the ones he missed. The other clean through chance was a very good save.

I was blaming AEG for not squaring the ball to our striker who would have had an open goal to aim at.

I also blame Young for not hitting the target with his penalty, which is inexcusable.

Can't blame any of the kids who probably did better than anyone could reasonably have expected from them.

This post is better.

Your previous post said that he probably cost us the win

Someone correctly pointed out that Archer had two better chances to score.

The problem in this thread is that when El Ghazi chooses the wrong option, he ‘costs us a win’

If it’s someone else - there’s usually mitigating circumstances.

Should he have squared it? Yes he should. Did he play well? No He didn’t.

But are there about 4 other better reasons why we didn’t win? Yes there are.

So in response to your first post - no he didn’t ‘probably cost us the win’

1 hour ago, Thug said:

This post is better.

Your previous post said that he probably cost us the win

Someone correctly pointed out that Archer had two better chances to score.

The problem in this thread is that when El Ghazi chooses the wrong option, he ‘costs us a win’

If it’s someone else - there’s usually mitigating circumstances.

Should he have squared it? Yes he should. Did he play well? No He didn’t.

But are there about 4 other better reasons why we didn’t win? Yes there are.

So in response to your first post - no he didn’t ‘probably cost us the win’

Fair point. There were at least a few other situations that cost us the win ... as well. Pick any one of them and on another day we may have got luckier.

On the AEG one, it is the latest in a number of wrong choices he makes. Whilst he will often score, he will also often make the wrong choice. If only he could work on that decision making he'd be a massively better player.

Overall anyway, I am pleased that our reserve team was able to give Chelsea's much more expensive and experienced reserve team a game. Not to mention that Chelsea had a combined strike force worth over £160m on the pitch over the course of the match, and could still only beat us on penalties 

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 22:48, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most football fans don't even know or care about a footballers religion, sexuality etc until it's brought up/highlighted IMO.

Are we trying to suggest that people dislike Anwar because he's Muslim?

Elmo is/was loved and he is Muslim, Trez is one of the best/worst players we have and he is loved and he is Muslim, plus countless other Muslim players.

I always accept that racism and prejudice exists, but can't help but feel that sometimes people pull from as a "Card " to Trump any critique.

Similarly to how people attempt to reach for race when someone is bigging up a player by calling them a "beast " or " monster ".

Is there a loud, disgusting minority? Absolutely, but to suggest the vast majority of fans fall into these categories are grossly inaccurate imo.

Sometimes, it's just what it says on the tin, Football fans with different personalities and opinions, having different takes on players and football matches.

It will always exist while there is a lack of intelligence in a humans make up.

We need to accept no one race or creed is racist or preside over prejudice, its in an individuals level of intelligence and personality make-up.

On 23/09/2021 at 15:11, PussEKatt said:

I dont go along with that.Archer missed 2 decent chances in the first half,especially the one where the GK was out of his goal but then Archer did score our only goal.IMHO both teams had chances that they didnt take and considering we had 3 academy players on at the end and they had Lukaku and Barclay I thought it was a result to be proud of.  

I don’t think mentioning Barkley would help your case 😅

But yeah I get what you said and they had a lot of there first team playing. So proud of our performances and really looking forward to the season now. 

Â