Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, commander said:

It would hardly be surprising, he's our top scorer since we've been promoted, scored the most goals since last December and is already our top goalscorer this season. Yet everyone will tell you he's 5th choice and we shoild sell him for £5m or give him away.

If we were to look at it in terms of mins per goal then I would guess that there's very few people with a better ratio, he'd certainly be our best one. He was only 3 behind Watkins and played less than half the time.

Not sayin he's a world beater or perfect but people are seriously underestimating his numbers, they're insane for a team of our ilk and i'd suggest comparable with most of the top players in the league..

Yeah if you exclude pens he scores a goal every 3 games in terms of minutes. 

14 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Hope he carries on his form from Brentford, I have a feeling he will be starting tomorrow.

I’m sure he will following his MOTM performance last time out. Was great to see him have a great all round game, rather than the occasional moment. Good for Bailey as well that he has less pressure to be the saviour.

If Ings, Bailey and Watkins are all fit then AEG should be dropped. We surely have to play 4-3-3 today. AEG played really well against Brentford but it was his first good all round performance for a long time and Chelsea away is a completely different prospect. I know it’s ruthless but that’s exactly what’s required. 

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If Ings, Bailey and Watkins are all fit then AEG should be dropped. We surely have to play 4-3-3 today. AEG played really well against Brentford but it was his first good all round performance for a long time and Chelsea away is a completely different prospect. I know it’s ruthless but that’s exactly what’s required. 

I disagree. I think he deserves to start. 

Now don't get me wrong, I want El Ghazi to become a back up and he will be for most of the season. But I don't think it's the right message if he loses his spot after playing well in the last game.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I disagree. I think he deserves to start. 

Now don't get me wrong, I want El Ghazi to become a back up and he will be for most of the season. But I don't think it's the right message if he loses his spot after playing well in the last game.

I know what you mean and it would have to be carefully managed but having one good game in ten is not justification to retain your place. We can’t afford to wait for 60 minutes for him to prove what we already know. 
Dean just needs to spin it in the right way. We will be counter attacking and need our faster players up front. 

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I was thinking the same. 4-3-3 with Ghazi dropping to the bench.

But watching smith's press conference yesterday i have no idea anymore. He was adamant that he has no intention of playing Watkins or Ings out wide...only through the middle together.

If this is the case, ghazi might start LW and Bailey RW. Leaving only 2 in midfield.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I was thinking the same. 4-3-3 with Ghazi dropping to the bench.

But watching smith's press conference yesterday i have no idea anymore. He was adamant that he has no intention of playing Watkins or Ings out wide...only through the middle together.

If this is the case, ghazi might start LW and Bailey RW. Leaving only 2 in midfield.

I really hope not. It could get really messy if that’s the case.

I am not comparing him to Frank Lampard but I must say he scores nearly as many goals.When you take into account that he is a midfielder and not a forward his goal scoring is impressive.He is definately a player we need to keep,at least for the rest of this season.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a game of moments, and if he'd squared across the 6-yard box for one of our players (may have been Archer, I could barely tell) instead of shooting straight at Kepa from an angle that could never have led to a goal, we might have won that. Harsh to say it but I feel him not lifting his head up pretty much cost us there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Found this on the third page.... suitably anonymous for an invisible player.

He certainly was in the first half - was a bit more involved in the second but not a good performance. We've so many better options than him now. 

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a game of moments, and if he'd squared across the 6-yard box for one of our players (may have been Archer, I could barely tell) instead of shooting straight at Kepa from an angle that could never have led to a goal, we might have won that. Harsh to say it but I feel him not lifting his head up pretty much cost us there.

It's why he has so few assists, bad decision making, always wanting to shoot even when theres players much better placed.

• Like 1

Â