Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I’m definitely one who doesn’t like most of AEGs performances even though his output last season was very good. 

However I’ll always call each game as I see it and he did play well yesterday. Ability has never been the issue with him, all wingers can be inconsistent but he needs to play like that 1 in 2/3 games rather than 1 in 10. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, robby b said:

I like this man with fuzzy felt hair and a dog's nose but I'm not quite sure what his connection is with Anwar El Ghazi. 

Edit: sorry Sidcow, I've  just got it, he's looking around to see if there's anyone who's criticising Anwar's performance today! 👀

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Normally the person who posts it is guilty of the thing that they reacted to. So in this case I guess sidcow criticised el ghazi. 

You really need to see my post immediately before that one. 

On watching the game back he did actually play well and you have to say credit due where credits due and he DID have a good game. 

However one swallow doesn't make a summer I am still not convinced he's a good enough player for the Premier League and I still spent most of the match thinking how much better we would look with Leon Bailey instead. 

And for the record I couldn't care if he was Muslim, Scientologist or Jehovas Witness, white brown or purple with blue spots, its just my opinion of a football player. 

Then again it's got me wondering because I also used to criticise Rudy Gestade and he was Muslim too, maybe I am a raving racist.  It's only my moaning about Danny Drinkwater and Ross McCormack that's leaving me with some hope for myself. 

Just watched the highlights...

El Ghazi looking brilliant, some great skills, stepovers, beating the defender, pace and some fine crosses. He even tracked back and made some good tackles too.

With our injury crisis it would be odd to sell him if other teams are interested?

A good performance from him yesterday. The crowd is going to take a few of them to give him.a break though which is a shame.

There were a few times he was taking a man on and groans started if he slightly lost track of the ball as he fought to take them on. Then he'd come out with the ball and the support would kick up again. Had that been Jack, it would've been baited breath silence, expecting him to come out with it.

Subtle differences, there were some just expecting him to make mistakes. I thought he did pretty well, the through ball in the first half was delicious.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Those people who wanted Anwar sold because he'd never get any gametime with our wing options. 😂

At this rate, El Ghazi's gonna play the entire season.

I wanted Ghazi to be sold because better would be brought in and eventually it will, it had nothing to do not seeing him play through the season. 

It is a good job we didnt sell him with our Injuries, but it could be his last season unless he has a wicked one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Those people who wanted Anwar sold because he'd never get any gametime with our wing options. 😂

At this rate, El Ghazi's gonna play the entire season.

Imagine if ends up our leading goalscorer 😅

I thought he was decent against Brentford.  As many have said, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

The big issue for me when we don't have Watkins and, hopefully, Bailey in the front line is that we seriously lack pace and, to a lesser extent, energy/dynamism.  AEG, Buendia and Ings are all relatively slow and the opposition needs stretching to create the space that I think Buendia needs to operate effectively.

Jack wasn't lightning but he was pretty quick with the ball at his feet - as evidenced by the goal he set up for Watkins against Arsenal.

On 07/09/2021 at 11:23, Villan_of_oz said:

Imagine if ends up our leading goalscorer 😅

It would hardly be surprising, he's our top scorer since we've been promoted, scored the most goals since last December and is already our top goalscorer this season. Yet everyone will tell you he's 5th choice and we shoild sell him for £5m or give him away.

If we were to look at it in terms of mins per goal then I would guess that there's very few people with a better ratio, he'd certainly be our best one. He was only 3 behind Watkins and played less than half the time.

Not sayin he's a world beater or perfect but people are seriously underestimating his numbers, they're insane for a team of our ilk and i'd suggest comparable with most of the top players in the league..

Edited by commander
  • Like 2

Â