Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He’s a strange one our Anwar… 😆

Didn’t score today but it was probably his best performance for us since we returned to the PL…

If I had to choose, I’d pick the player and performances of/like today (hopefully even better to come, can he kick on?) rather than the one who may nick a goal but can be anonymous or wasteful.

I’d be delighted if he could really progress now and become a really strong player for us. That extra aggression, and of course confidence/self-belief, really aids him. Let’s see…

So pleased that he stepped up for us today, in a moment/game when we really needed it after the absences and disrupted lineup… I really hope this can be a turning point for him. Needs to stay in this kind of mood…

Finally, can we play Barrow every week to prepare him for weekend PL games? 😆

• Like 1

On 26/08/2021 at 23:04, Keyblade said:

and also the fact that people expect their wingers, even their 3rd choice wingers evidently, to be constantly ripping fullbacks to shred all game.

Not all the time, but occasionally would be nice. 

46 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s a strange one our Anwar… 😆

Didn’t score today but it was probably his best performance for us since we returned to the PL…

If I had to choose, I’d pick the player and performances of/like today (hopefully even better to come, can he kick on?) rather than the one who may nick a goal but can be anonymous or wasteful.

I’d be delighted if he could really progress now and become a really strong player for us. That extra aggression, and of course confidence/self-belief, really aids him. Let’s see…

So pleased that he stepped up for us today, in a moment/game when we really needed it after the absences and disrupted lineup… I really hope this can be a turning point for him. Needs to stay in this kind of mood…

Finally, can we play Barrow every week to prepare him for weekend PL games? 😆

I agree - I prefer this kind of all-round performance to the ones where he sneaks in with a goal.

The great thing is if he can play like this every week, it means we have a top class penalty taker on the pitch for 90 mins, and someone who can score a goal against the run of play.

I really hope this is the season he emerges from Jack’s shadow and finally lives up to his potential. I didn’t see it happening, but there were signs of real physical toughness today that bode well.

Just now, KentVillan said:

I agree - I prefer this kind of all-round performance to the ones where he sneaks in with a goal.

The great thing is if he can play like this every week, it means we have a top class penalty taker on the pitch for 90 mins, and someone who can score a goal against the run of play.

I really hope this is the season he emerges from Jack’s shadow and finally lives up to his potential. I didn’t see it happening, but there were signs of real physical toughness today that bode well.

It’s never seemed likely but many of us would be delighted if he could actually realise his potential…. he’s all too often frustrated us instead…

He looked like he was going to be the “next big thing” at Ajax but has never reached the heights he should have… would be wonderful if he could get there with us..

He’s got added motivation with trying to earn a new contract with too… would be amazing if he could genuinely become a star or key player for us, it’s quite the challenge as we will continue to enhance when/where we can. He’s nowhere near the level of a Leon Bailey for example. I rate Traore much higher too, he’s had nowhere near the amount of leeway we’ve given Anwar in his years with us imo…

He has to impress this season or he will be sold or his contract will run down… hope he can “make the grade” through his performances…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He did well today, wasn’t amazing but really gave his all which we love to see. I’m just confused that a Muslim player has been voted motm and applauded by Villa fans. How is this possible?

edit: I’m taking the piss due to the ridiculous posts on here over the last few days saying he only gets more stick than other players because he is a Muslim. 

Just because some people do it which is definitely the case (we are up there for most racist fan base in the league sadly - to be clear that is what a peer reviewed study concluded so you know its a fact) doesn't mean it is the majority of fans. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Really unlucky to not get an assist today (or maybe it was Buendia, was watching on a cracked phone screen) where he crossed the ball and found Konsa wise open in the box who just couldn't shoot. 

yeah that Konsa chance was a golden chance, you should bury that 99/100 times.

Just now, MaVilla said:

yeah that Konsa chance was a golden chance, you should bury that 99/100 times.

I think he had a bunch of those last season which don't show up in xA because they aren't shots. I remember the first united game he played a lovely ball across the face of goal and Traore instead of taking it first time and having an easy goal cuts back in onto his strong foot and has his shot blocked. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I think he had a bunch of those last season which don't show up in xA because they aren't shots. I remember the first united game he played a lovely ball across the face of goal and Traore instead of taking it first time and having an easy goal cuts back in onto his strong foot and has his shot blocked. 

yeah it was a weird one, the ball came in and it literally bounced off Konsa like he was a block of wood, he got his positioning all wrong, i cant see how he failed to get a decent contact on it, it was like he was literally a tree.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

tenor.gif

I like this man with fuzzy felt hair and a dog's nose but I'm not quite sure what his connection is with Anwar El Ghazi. 

Edit: sorry Sidcow, I've  just got it, he's looking around to see if there's anyone who's criticising Anwar's performance today! 👀

Edited by robby b

14 minutes ago, robby b said:

I like this man with fuzzy felt hair and a dog's nose but I'm not quite sure what his connection is with Anwar El Ghazi. 

Edit: sorry Sidcow, I've  just got it, he's looking around to see if there's anyone who's criticising Anwar's performance today! 👀

Normally the person who posts it is guilty of the thing that they reacted to. So in this case I guess sidcow criticised el ghazi. 

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

Bloke behind me today, who smelled **** gross by the way why do so many old blokes not wash then go to the football and sit there rotting in the sun, was talking all game about how shit he was and he wasn’t doing anything. It was like a 4D VillaTalk experience.

:crylaugh:

You have credit his mentality, he has come out fighting this season, it’s a big part of his success. If he could add some creativity (assists) and a little more inter-play rather than just getting his shot off he could be the real deal.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He did well today, wasn’t amazing but really gave his all which we love to see. I’m just confused that a Muslim player has been voted motm and applauded by Villa fans. How is this possible?

edit: I’m taking the piss due to the ridiculous posts on here over the last few days saying he only gets more stick than other players because he is a Muslim. 

Not everyone was up late enough last night to see or understand what you're on referring to mate.

Mental ain't it? Player gets praised when they are good, and crtiticised when they are shite? Even the Ginger Bhuddist ones!

• Like 1

Â