Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 14/05/2021 at 07:55, AvonVillain said:

Fair play to AEG for getting into the Dutch squad. It's great to see Villa players at big tournaments. He's coming into his prime as a footballer too so hopefully he storms the tournament.

This is great, really pleased for him and hope he makes the final squad.

On the Laura woods podcast this week, Ollie described AEG as the best trainer at the club. I do find him to be a frustrating player but it’s good to hear that he is trying really hard on the training ground. Maybe there’s hope that he can improve upon his consistency. Getting called up by the Dutch should help his confidence.

Massive drop off in the second half like the majority of the team. In recent games from shooting positions he's been playing cute little through balls which has definitely opened the game for us.

Today in the second half he went to hit everything at goal mode which I wasn't happy about. He could and probably should have played Ollie in once maybe twice when on the edge of the box.

Scored again and was menacing in the first 55 minutes.

Isn't 9 goals the most even Ashley Young has ever got in a single season? Sure his all round game was much much better, but that's quite an achievement regardless, especially considering how many minutes he's actually played 

Its been a while since we had a player that I had no doubt would score with a penalty, also. Twice he's been asked about the pressure of taking a penalty (Wolves away and someone recently) and twice when asked if he felt the pressure he responded with an honest, "no, not really. We practice them all the time". As has been said, he's the first player most would probably mention in needing an upgrade, and until Wolves many (well me, at least) would have been surprised to have seen him anywhere near the squad never mind team. 

He's obviously put in the hard yards on the training ground and its reaping the rewards. 

Amongst all of that though - if someone was to offer 15m+ I think we'd sell.

• Like 1

He’s doing much better, he’s starting to turn a corner for himself at Villa. I think he’ll be at the club next season, he’s proving himself to be a very useful squad member, and he seems to be highly regarded by the other players and coaching staff. It looks to me like the coaching staff have been working hard with him, working on the decision making and confidence. Long may it continue.

Fair play he has really stepped up. I thought he was a championship player and was pretty much done here. He has his off days and limitations - but certainly a key player for us.

There maybe a good case to sell him while he's banging in his goals and get what we can for him. This is what you want to happen with players who struggle at times for form is to all of a sudden find some form then realise when the time is right to sell. If an offer of three or four times the amount we paid for came in without a doubt I'd sell.

All day long there will be many clubs in for him knowing how well he's doing as of late and sure you either make that choice to cash in on that or keep him. Whatever the club decides I'm with the choice the Gaffers make.

Clubs have to sell and a player is like a stock market pricing it either goes up or down, as a business side the club has to sell at the absolute right time. Yes at the moment Ghazi is proving why he should be kept around but his sale if a splendid offer came in could be put towards his upgrade.

He has done well recently and I respect the guy for putting these demons behind him, shows courage and strength.

Â