Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Ah. But Anwar isn't English, so the 'buying clubs are **** idiots' clause might not apply. And Bournemouth are skint, not.

You point is valid, though.

We won’t sell him but if we were to we would command a decent fee for him,  we as fans need get that idea that we are whipping boys out of our heads, the Chelsea’s and Liverpool’s of this league always ask for a big fee when selling players , Danny Ward the welsh third choice keeper was sold to Leicester in 2018 for £12m and he hardly played a game ,  selling El Ghazi for £15m is like selling a old item to your mate and saying “well I’ve listed it on ebay for £100 but you can have it for £60” smart businessmen like our owners and Purslow /Lange don’t do things like that. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

£20m gets you a Brewster or Solanke , Anwar is twice as good as those 2

bournemouth and sheff utd got taken to the cleaners for those to be fair...but agreed anwar is a good enough squad player for us and we shouldn't be looking to sell. not for 15m anyway.

we got traore for 17m who's also way better than the above mentioned two

7 hours ago, peterw said:

Its a shame that he didn't get picked...but.....and he got 10 goals.....but.......I find it hard to put my finger on what El Ghazi excels at other than penalties. Yet he's scored some pearlers, has played in the majority of games since Wolves away...and gives us decent balance. But he can't beat a player, his shooting is usually woeful, and doesnt' track back as much as he could and gets less stick for it than Traore. You'd think he's just a Championship plodder, but then het gets 10 goals in the prem (was it 10?)  which is seriously good. I like El Ghazi as he is part of the team that came up and we all had the feel good factor together as a unit. But I think this is his ceiling. i wouldn't look to sell but if the right sized offer came in, I'd thank him and move him in.

Everything you said are just plain wrong. I don't even want to correct you on all the statements you made...

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Does anyone think he should be there? I honestly don't know. Holland normally have very very good attacking players. But maybe the depth is weak enough for him to be a viable option. 

No. He couldn't manage a McDonald's.

We are taking about FDB?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what, Anwar seems a very strong character.

Hope this makes him determined to step up his game a notch.

A consistent  and determined Anwar would be some player!

He is. People see his slouched shoulders on the pitch and think he's weak but he's very resilient. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Does anyone think he should be there? I honestly don't know. Holland normally have very very good attacking players. But maybe the depth is weak enough for him to be a viable option. 

Regardless of weather he should be there or not, telling him by text just shows how mediocre one can be as a man-manager. Shame on De boer 

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't see the problem with a text personally. It's a job and privilege, not a relationship. 

But when you go for a job interview, they don’t text you afterwards to say you haven’t got it, they call you.  Well that’s how it has always happened with me.  Text shows weakness in character on something as important as this especially when Anwar could be called up next season, I’d have a little less respect for the manager (who might not care but it’s weak).  

• Like 1

He's not obligated to do anything but it's poor man management, aka a big part of his job. Playing for the national team at a major tournament is every player's dream. He could very well need Anwar in the future. Hardly ingratiated himself with him there has he.

• Like 1

Â