Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Good season. Goals goals and goals. Goalscorers are very important. I still think he can improve especially disguising his shooting a bit better (pass instead of shoot) but double figures from substitute winger is a brilliant return.

Love him taking penalties, ice cool at them and never think he'll miss.

Probably a reason I'm inching towards keeping him around for next season as good to have a reliable penalty taker in the squad, just need to get more of them next season.

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

10 goals in a league season, who was the last winger to do that for us? 

It's about time we put some respect on his name. 

It's even more impressive considering he's a backup and has played backup minutes this season.

I am pleased for AEG. He is a likeable bloke and has played an important role in our renaissance but I think now is the perfect time to sell him. His value will be fairly high, probably the highest it will ever be and we need better than he can offer. He scored a great penalty today but the rest of his performance was really poor. If we could sell him for a large amount and replace him with a younger player of similar value but greater potential, then we should do it. Otherwise, happy for him to be back up next season.

• Like 1

Just got back. He scored a penalty, but overall he was pretty ineffective. Chelsea had the measure of him. As a previous poster said, there’s no room for sentiment in football, we could get top dollar for him now. We will need better to continue progressing. Sounds harsh and a little ruthless, but it’s what the top teams do all the time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Just got back. He scored a penalty, but overall he was pretty ineffective. Chelsea had the measure of him. As a previous poster said, there’s no room for sentiment in football, we could get top dollar for him now. We will need better to continue progressing. Sounds harsh and a little ruthless, but it’s what the top teams do all the time. 

We have just beat Chelsea 2-1. He had a good game.

@meregreen who would you say was better to buy to replace AEG? 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

He has the priceless ability to put the ball in the net and to take brilliant penalties. But its a bit like the Hourihane conundrum.  Does the rest of his game stack up , especially against the better teams. I think we should keep him until such point we have someone who can match the output but offers a little more elsewhere and that is no negativity on what he has achieved this season. Done brilliantly 

Edited by MWARLEY2
Missed a bit

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whats his goals per minutes? Must be one of the best in the league.

13th in the league.  (Edit:  at a goal every 161.7 mins).

Have a guess at the 12 ahead of him (with no internet searching helpz pls!)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

What a crazy season. 

We signed him as a championship team and he's just scored double figures in the prem.

And people want to sell him? 

I don't want to be that club that just throws players away in the relentless demand for better. It's the same with people who want Traore replaced. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

13th in the league.

Have a guess at the 12 ahead of him (with no internet searching helpz pls!)

One who is always high is Iheanacho of Leicester. So him. Bale? Jota maybe? Cavani? Aguero?

Just now, Xela said:

One who is always high is Iheanacho of Leicester. So him. Bale? Jota maybe? Cavani? Aguero?

All of them.

Iheanacho (2nd), Bale (1st), Jota (4th), Cavani (6th) and Aguero (7th).

Very good guesses!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

All of them.

Iheanacho (2nd), Bale (1st), Jota (4th), Cavani (6th) and Aguero (7th).

Very good guesses!

I've impressed myself! 

No idea on the rest though. Perhaps its the big hitters then like Kane and Salah. 

Just now, Xela said:

I've impressed myself! 

No idea on the rest though. Perhaps its the big hitters then like Kane and Salah. 

ALL WILL BE REVEALED...now:

Bale - 83.9 mins/goal
Iheanacho - 121.5
Willock - 122.5
Jota - 123.7
Kane - 134.2
Cavani - 137.2
Aguero - 139.8
Salah - 140.1
Lacazette - 148.5
Gundogan - 156.2
Lingard - 158.4
Pepe - 161.4
El Ghazi - 161.7

Best of the rest for VIlla:

Watkins - 237.8
Davis - 266
Traore - 334

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gives me a good chuckle people saying to get rid while he's just had his best season. 

Like why? And who are these imaginary clubs you think have the money to buy him? 

World football is broke wake up. 

• Like 4

Not in the final Dutch squad for the Euros. Shame for him.
Neither is Steven Bergwijn.

Looking at comments on Twitter (which is the only source of facts I have), it seems that a lot of neutral supporters think that El Ghazi is the more unlucky of the two not the get selected. Given Spuds paid what, nearly £30m for Bergwijn, I think we did quite well. 

The Arse paid £72m for Pepe, from the same club, and they both got 10 goals this season. Madness.

10 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Not 

The Arse paid £72m for Pepe, from the same club, and they both got 10 goals this season. Madness.

Similar amount of game time too, although AEGs figures are heavily helped by penalties. Either way, still says he's worth at least 20m..and probably even more.

Not sure I'd sell though,  don't know if the demamd is there for him at that valuation. Maybe only inside the PL.

I think he's worth keeping and saving us the head ache of buying two wingers that will not be a gamble.

• Like 1

Â