Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

El Ghazi scored more league goals than Mahrez in less minutes. The same amount as Aubameyang and Pepe at Arsenal. Doesn't get enough respect on here

That's because we watch him play every week rather than just looking at his goal stats... 

He's not doing enough in between those goals, goals are obviously the biggest influence in a game and "take away the goals and he doesn't influence the game" sounds daft but that's the truth, his general play for the 89 minutes when he's not scoring are often spent drifting rather than in the thick of it

I don't think we sell him this summer, he'll be our 4th choice winger behind grealish, traore and a.n.other, we sell him once Barry comes through properly 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's because we watch him play every week rather than just looking at his goal stats... 

He's not doing enough in between those goals, goals are obviously the biggest influence in a game and "take away the goals and he doesn't influence the game" sounds daft but that's the truth, his general play for the 89 minutes when he's not scoring are often spent drifting rather than in the thick of it

I don't think we sell him this summer, he'll be our 4th choice winger behind grealish, traore and a.n.other, we sell him once Barry comes through properly 

And you are sure Mahrez or Aubameyang does?Honestly, if we talk to either Man.City or Arsenal supporters, they would probably have the same cmplaints as us. I know a couple supports of Gunners and they think that Aubameyang has been pants this season.

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

And you are sure Mahrez or Aubameyang does?Honestly, if we talk to either Man.City or Arsenal supporters, they would probably have the same cmplaints as us. I know a couple supports of Gunners and they think that Aubameyang has been pants this season.

Auba no, got his £300k a week contract and entered semi retirement 

Mahrez though 100% yes

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Mahrez is a **** god. He's the most underrated player in the premier league. Easily city's second best player. And for a lot of games their best. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't see the problem with a text personally. It's a job and privilege, not a relationship. 

If you’re not able to make 30 5 minute phone calls to players when that’s your only job..

What else did he have to do? Play golf?

I think he’s one of the most technically gifted in squad, especially at striking a ball. I think he’s biggest weakness is mentality. He is very cool under pressure but it seems like he needs the perfect routine to perform well. He wouldn’t drag himself in game from a poor performance for instance. When he’s confident, he is very good. Smith has certainly got the best out of him, and he’s still improving. Wouldn’t even be thinking of selling unless that bid was over 20/25 million. I think he’s a better squad option than McNeil (from the games I’ve seen).

• Like 3

He’s probably at his optimum value now after last season. I could easily see him at a club like Swansea if they get promoted or maybe Watford. I would sell him and buy a younger project type player to replace him. He has scored goals this season but our play breaks down with him so regularly and he didn’t get a single assist! If we could get £15m then we should sell him and move on.

I am no expert in the beautiful game, but I've noticed that once AEG has a pop at goal (and sometimes scores) he just seems to get it in to his head that he is gonna score again and again, so he takes heaps more shots when sometimes playing a team mate in was the better option & that does my head in.

Nothing wrong with a bit of self confidence and it is said that forwards are inherently greedy b******s but have a look up and see if someone else is in a better position. If so, pass to him.

That said, I'd keep him as a squad player but I dont think he'd be happy with that & will probably move on.

Â