Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Similar amount of game time too, although AEGs figures are heavily helped by penalties. Either way, still says he's worth at least 20m..and probably even more.

Not sure I'd sell though,  don't know if the demamd is there for him at that valuation. Maybe only inside the PL.

I think he's worth keeping and saving us the head ache of buying two wingers that will not be a gamble.

Similar thoughts to me. Not convinced he'll ever become our first choice winger unless there's a raft of injuries, and to that end, if we got a big offer - £15m+, I really would be tempted to take it. 

Down to the coaches, I guess, who see him day in day out.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dropped from the Dutch squad. Shame, would have been nice to see him at the finals. 

I don't understand provisional squads.

So you choose a load of players, give some false hope, then drop some a few days later?

What is the basis of these squads usually?

Why not just announce the squad you want from the get go? Especially as it's end of season and no one is playing to gauge form/receive injury further either.

They will already know all about the players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you choose a load of players, give some false hope, then drop some a few days later?

Why not just announce the squad you want from the get go? Especially as it's end of season and no one is playing to gauge form/receive injury further either.

It's about telling them. Not to book holidays and what not in case there is an injury. 

• Like 1

Feel he deserved to get in. Never misses a pen (which is important if a game goes to pens) plus 10 goals in the best league in the world in about 1600 minutes for a winger is a very good season. 

Clearly he has his faults as a player but he deserved to go as a bench option particularly when players like Promes got in ahead of him (and even Ryan Babel up until recently).

I still feel our players are overlooked internationally (e.g. Martinez still not capped for Argentina somehow) so I hope this will change as we become more of a force.

Only a Man Ure player would get in coming off the back of a terrible season, even though I do think VDB is a very good player underneath it all.

On 23/05/2021 at 20:43, bobzy said:

ALL WILL BE REVEALED...now:

Bale - 83.9 mins/goal £85m
Iheanacho - 121.5 £25m
Willock - 122.5 youth
Jota - 123.7 £40m
Kane - 134.2 youth (high value)
Cavani - 137.2 free (legend) 
Aguero - 139.8 £35m
Salah - 140.1 £36.9m
Lacazette - 148.5 £47.70m
Gundogan - 156.2 £21m
Lingard - 158.4 youth
Pepe - 161.4 £72m
El Ghazi - 161.7 £8m approx.

Best of the rest for VIlla:

Watkins - 237.8
Davis - 266
Traore - 334

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Primarily applies to countries that have people playing in the Europa league or champs league.

They can get the entire rest of the squad together and start building relationships/familiarity, and then if there are any injuries from those that would have joined up from the European final teams, the replacements are already there and up to speed. If there are no injuries  then the replacements that would have been called in can be released to enjoy their summer.

It makes sense. Presumably you don't want to leak those that are likely to be released assuming no injuries as it would have them in the wrong mindset.

There is also the slim chance that one of them amazes during the training camp and forces a change of mind.

Not sure why it never happened in the past, unless there is usually more time when a season hasn't been prolonged by covid factors.

Edit: applies to England at least...not sure why they would then tell someone they're not needed before those games are played,  but seems the Dutch are weird. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Similar thoughts to me. Not convinced he'll ever become our first choice winger unless there's a raft of injuries, and to that end, if we got a big offer - £15m+, I really would be tempted to take it. 

Down to the coaches, I guess, who see him day in day out.

£20m gets you a Brewster or Solanke , Anwar is twice as good as those 2

• Like 1

Wolves sold Costa and Cavaleiro last summer for £20m each that's £40m for the both of them, at that point Cavaleiro had scored three premier league goals and assisted 1, and Costa had scored on Premier League goal and provided two assists.

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wow.

So strange they wouldn't call him. Or inform him well before hand. We are going to name you in the provisional but aren't going to be first choice for the tournament. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope they lose and miss all the penalties they get. Hopefully he continues scoring so he goes to the world cup instead.

They're a mediocre side so I wouldn't be too surprised to see them exit early. I'm excited to see McGinn and the Scots (who had the best squad announcement) put a hurtin' on them come Wednesday. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Its a shame that he didn't get picked...but.....and he got 10 goals.....but.......I find it hard to put my finger on what El Ghazi excels at other than penalties. Yet he's scored some pearlers, has played in the majority of games since Wolves away...and gives us decent balance. But he can't beat a player, his shooting is usually woeful, and doesnt' track back as much as he could and gets less stick for it than Traore. You'd think he's just a Championship plodder, but then het gets 10 goals in the prem (was it 10?)  which is seriously good. I like El Ghazi as he is part of the team that came up and we all had the feel good factor together as a unit. But I think this is his ceiling. i wouldn't look to sell but if the right sized offer came in, I'd thank him and move him in.

14 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

£20m gets you a Brewster or Solanke , Anwar is twice as good as those 2

Ah. But Anwar isn't English, so the 'buying clubs are **** idiots' clause might not apply. And Bournemouth are skint, not.

You point is valid, though.

Â