Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Looked like our only player capable of doing something since coming on. Make it all the more strange that he didn't start.

Made the wrong choice a couple of times though. Shame it was Traore that got injured and had to make way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Looked like our only player capable of doing something since coming on. Make it all the more strange that he didn't start.

Made the wrong choice a couple of times though. Shame it was Traore that got injured and had to make way.

Yep. I feel if we get a goal it will be from AEG.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Soft as a tub of spunk.

"Games a shitter so I'm going off 'injured' again"

We're out of subs.

"I'm fine."

Yeah, I clocked his ask to be subbed off, and then carried on playing when it suited him. Bit strange.  Had a bad second half, and seemed to join the rest of the squad on zero confidence.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Absolutely should not escape criticism for asking to come off when he wasn’t injured,

He didn’t. He said there was a sub happening. That aside he cost us the game with the way he gave the ball away at the end. Just take it down turn and we have 3 points. This is why fans find him so frustrating.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Rubbish should have buried that chance to make it 2-0 then game over 

How can you blame that on him? Barkley waited about 3 seconds too long to pass and I think el ghazi was offside when barkley played the ball because he waited so long. 

Also meant it was an easy close down even if el ghazi wasn't offside. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He didn’t. He said there was a sub happening. That aside he cost us the game with the way he gave the ball away at the end. Just take it down turn and we have 3 points. This is why fans find him so frustrating.

Tbh I didn't clock that, the lack of attempt to block the cross was the worst of it. I thought El Ghazi was okay, not the only one to miss a chance today. Far far better than Trezeguet 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

How can you blame that on him? Barkley waited about 3 seconds too long to pass and I think el ghazi was offside when barkley played the ball because he waited so long. 

Yes, I'm pretty convinced it was flagged

You watch thiago play for Liverpool / Spain / bayern / barca makes 100+ 5 yard passes a game, pass percentage in the mid 90s, simple basic passing to his team mates and then you see Adrian Durham and twitter go nuts saying its boring, it's safe, it's easy, anyone can make a sensible 5 yard pass... 

And the I watch el ghazi... 

We have too many players who can pull a rabbit out the hat every 6th game but in between couldn't pass **** water 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

really he was well onside. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Without waiting he wouldn’t have put AEG through on goal.

Edited by AV82

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

You watch thiago play for Liverpool / Spain / bayern / barca makes 100+ 5 yard passes a game, pass percentage in the mid 90s, simple basic passing to his team mates and then you see Adrian Durham and twitter go nuts saying its boring, it's safe, it's easy, anyone can make a sensible 5 yard pass... 

And the I watch el ghazi... 

We have too many players who can pull a rabbit out the hat every 6th game but in between couldn't pass **** water 

6 goals in 10 starts. Goals in 5 different games. 

Should have 4 assists on the season if watkins or traore could finish.

Literally no forward options 90% of the time so he must attempt a risky pass. 

Â