Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 13/03/2021 at 07:19, Sulberto21 said:

Funny how John Mcginn gets bullied in most games but never gets called weak as piss. Seems like it's more than just footballing ability that some have an issue with.

He's 6ft 2 and built like a brick shithouse yet I've seen him being rag dolled by people like James Ward Prowse ffs 

• Haha 1

In during, I was bit confused when they say no as no avaliable to sub him; i was thought we allowed 5 subs out of the 9 subs, even i want him get out even 3 sub not avalible after seen him running and pace, like nothing injury and make me angry as why he call sub? cos he give up, or don't make try hard to win for us that why i get disliked him even more.. I think his mentally not good enough for premiership, i think he good player for like spain or holland, even france, or germany but not premiership standard.

so i go research I looking up and reliese it is FA cup, I thought not fair as FA cup more favourite to big club 5 subs to swap if second string failed to goal will make more chance go advanced after 5 subs. as Premiership still 3 subs which i happy this stay, but would be nice if actually genius injury like Traore should allowed us to have add subs as stadium cause injury him;  anyway about sub stuff, move to him, 

His Attuide is the problem of mine, i never fan of him even he is techinical good but his finisher is oh god, hard to explain his finisher - very horrible, he score good goal, even brilliant goal like he did corner of goal in tight angle on best day and average day is worse couldn't score all he is did over the bar and far wide goal, still threa, on his bad day is very worst ever couldn't score even open goal and 1-vs-1, and he is lazy track back, try play ball out when he is not Grealish and he try prove he is can step in Grealish shoes and he try Ronaldo Superpower which not work on him most of time and not learn his lesson when he got goal and even lazy and selfish.

He did thought he is undroppable after and playing good form (in his term or his point of view as his ego and attuide which i see his behaviour and cocky attuide) and with goal yet still play same pattern and when Mings mistake he learn and he more safe and kick to stands rather keep ball go on, cos he is actually learn his lesson and improve his player games, experience, change pattern that why Mings grow up and better,  with better attuide toward football and professinal, good roles model, true leadership. which El Ghazi didn't much and not peak up when we expect he as can see his potential it is shames to see that happen, don't have professinal attuide, and not good roles model, maybe Toxic.

i rather see that he play it is safe, and sensible option pass rather shot waste all of the time, if he did he will better player, his pass so we could more likely goal by his creative i know he is can do it but he choice himself. and Dribble he is did same problem as Shot, when pass is better option he choice keep and dribble as Targett overlap and never pass him when this is better option even other attack midfield even watkin call pass, he still choice dribble most of the time.... when he pass and he ensure that players look bad that him, and agure with him when actually his fault, his attuide that why i don't like him..  that why i prefer Treg over him as his superb attuide and committed work hard track back even poor techincal player even he try his best when option he is know right even small error he try made up his mistake and hand up say my fault, but he is not premiership standard unfortune he is more Championship or French league, or Germany, Holland Standard not Premiership Defensive.

that why i wanted both of them to rid (even Treg even i love his attuide yet we not want poor techincal with work hard player or good techincal minus finish with lazy and greed players for squad team - sad and harsh, well it is need)  in summer, replacement better player - some thing like Cantwell techincal brilliant and work hard player, or other player like this... Grealish out so he replacement and still dangerous threat, and good rotate, even Watkin can play as Wide Forward / Winger Roles. so might one replacement is good enough, he is better that both of them in winger roles for short time i see him play for us, as i like one creative winger and one finisher threat winger type - which i can see Wakins in second (both roles player is must still work hard)

which the Reason Watkin still better that both of them in Wingers and good options to change tactical and different type.

we need buy one to back up Jack Grealish, or use Watkin as back up, or tactical reason - only if we sign other striker in summer, or sign 2 player to replacement both of them and move Grealish to ACM in next season if he is still stay. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
forget grammar rules in some area.

I don't agree that attitude is a problem with El Ghazi, @Danny_Villaman84 - I think it's more to do with his confidence levels. When he's in a bit of a slump, which he finds easy to get into, he doesn't have the confidence to get on the ball and test himself - it's like the flawed logic of 'If I don't try, I can't fail', where you fail because you never tried - and he's just in his head so often. When he's not having a crisis, he's a good player - lots of ability, the right physical attributes etc. 

Part of me wants to give him a chance and keep him, but my pragmatic side would say that we can't rely on him to offer the level of consistency that we need, so we should probably get rid. 

Trezeguet definitely should be sold, though. He just doesn't have the brain. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't agree that attitude is a problem with El Ghazi, @Danny_Villaman84 - I think it's more to do with his confidence levels. When he's in a bit of a slump, which he finds easy to get into, he doesn't have the confidence to get on the ball and test himself - it's like the flawed logic of 'If I don't try, I can't fail', where you fail because you never tried - and he's just in his head so often. When he's not having a crisis, he's a good player - lots of ability, the right physical attributes etc. 

Part of me wants to give him a chance and keep him, but my pragmatic side would say that we can't rely on him to offer the level of consistency that we need, so we should probably get rid. 

Trezeguet definitely should be sold, though. He just doesn't have the brain. 

maybe your right, @lexicon as confidence factor could be one of the reason is affect him, 

on his confidence meter;

Low - he shut down and focus himself, not around of him, and try hard to rise the challenge which it is make himself hard. he is more aggressor as he know he is can do better than it, and cause problem himself and other team-mate. even give other player bad days. (worst day)

focus and right level confidence, want show he can and hungry to revenge as he is did in (Edit:Leeds not Wolves), that player what i want see, that what i like about him. (on Best day)

High - he is overdo and too much, like i better that all of you and i can do this, as he is cocky attuide i think this reason, give me ball and lost, it is ok i can do it again, not track back as he feel important. (average day) - as he play best games last games - that reason he is often one games best rather carried the best form to next games.

Low - confidence as last time he high confience - and drop him to low, as Smith drop him cos he poor on his high confidence.

these pattern what i see him when he player - that loop pattern what i see on his confidence - that why i think it is attuide problem to cause his confidence rollercoaster, that why i think it is attuide is main reason to point. that why I lost faith of him. consistency - that reason i want him rid, as i am get bored and fed up as it is been 3 years he with us, and he didn't improve or got that consistency what we want him, that why i think he is need to sold.

Trezeguet - yeh that why shame, he not got football brain that why he can't improve as player if he got football brain he will developed to very good players, it is horrible to see this and tell ugly truth is hurt.. i not blame you for say this... that why i want him sold even i like his attuide.

mistake team match names and grammar.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

maybe your right, @lexicon as confidence factor could be one of the reason is affect him, 

Low - he shut down and focus him, and try hard to rise the challenge which it is make himself hard. he is more aggressor as he know he is can do better than it, and cause problem himself and other team. (worst day)

focus and right level confidence, want show he can and hungry to revenge as he is did in wolves, that player what i want see, that what i like about him. (on Best day)

High - he is overdo and too much, like i better that all of you and i can do this, as he is cocky attuide i think this reason (average day)

Low - confidence as last time he high confience - and drop him to low.

these pattern what i see him when he player - that loop pattern what i see on his confidence - that why i think it is attuide problem to cause his confidence rollercoaster, that why i think it is attuide is main reason to point. that why I lost faith of him. consistency - that reason i want him rid, as i am get bored and fed up as it is been 3 years he with us, and he didn't improve or got that consistency what we want him, that why i think he is need to sold.

Trezeguet - yeh that why shame, he not got football brain that why he can't improve as player if he got football brain he will developed to very good players, it is horrible to see this and tell ugly truth is hurt.. i not blame you for say this... that why i want him sold even i like his attuide.

Good points and I'd have to agree you - we need better if we want to improve, there's no room for sentimentality (which is why I'd also bench McGinn). 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Good points and I'd have to agree you - we need better if we want to improve, there's no room for sentimentality (which is why I'd also bench McGinn). 

@lexicon thanks you 😉 but your got good point about confidence issues, i reliese it is not wolves, it is was leeds i talk about... 

McGinn - he is need bench and give Sanson playing, see how good rest will help him or see Sanson threat his position to fire up and challenge, also maybe both could work together on pitch i like both on pitch as work hard midfield and good running up and pressure and drop defensive, and protect ball. his good and average day passing is good, but we didn't see it regular since early of the season, Bench would help him and Smith should show him if he not up the standard so there other player can come in or help him rotate to rest to player better. 

Watkins same problem - he player every games - which he need good striker to rotate to revile his mental, to recharge and play again with full charger

better as full Charge with add boost in match or half charge which is good enough with match - rather 25 percent that recharge buffer that Recharge, go on that why McGinn maybe Watkins got this problem.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing a player shoot from a tight angle with a defender in the way (who will inevitably block the shot), whilst there's a team mate screaming for the ball in a better position to shoot and is unmarked.

He does this every game. 

If he has to play then we should switch him to the right to stop him from shooting every time he gets the ball, and to get him to pass more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing a player shoot from a tight angle with a defender in the way (who will inevitably block the shot), whilst there's a team mate screaming for the ball in a better position to shoot and is unmarked.

He does this every game. 

If he has to play then we should switch him to the right to stop him from shooting every time he gets the ball, and to get him to pass more.

I honestly don't mind him shooting often - nobody else does it and we often just pass it around looking for too perfect an opportunity and the attack breaks down. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I honestly don't mind him shooting often - nobody else does it and we often just pass it around looking for too perfect an opportunity and the attack breaks down. 

If the shots on take it by all means.. but not when its blatantly going to get blocked and its a tight angle.

Think all defenders know exactly how to play him now, they know he isnt going to pass. I just see a slightly better version of Tonev now.

Zaha does the same at Palace, just twists and turns looking to shoot. Its why he failed at Man Utd. He's a more skillful version of El Ghazi but both very predictable. These type of players inevitably get a few goals by the sheer volume of shots they take, but they are so frustrating for team mates. 

16 blocked shots we had against Newcastle, 16! There were times when players were free 8 or 10 yards away but he just tried to piledrive it through the defender in front of him.

• Like 3

El Ghazi was signalling to the ref Newcastle were making a sub. Probably to buy him more time to recover from the knock he took.

And when el ghazi crosses no one finishes anyway he may as well shoot. Yeah it sucks when it gets blocked but if he gets it on target the keepers parry it out often and you can run onto the ball to get a better shot.

He should probably have 4 or 5 assists so far this season but not once has someone actually struck the ball properly from one of his crosses. They either take a touch and get closed down or try to pass it back across goal. Or just miss the ball entirely. Not really his fault. Regularly happened last season as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

One particular example against Newcastle frustrated me like the original poster stated. He got himself one on one against the full back and it was just so blatantly obvious what he was going to do. Cut inside, where there were more defenders, and have his shot blocked. I don't mind him having a shot, but he needs to be more creative in finding a decent angle for a shot or a clearer shot. I don't think he has the ability to do that and that's where he will fail and not become good enough, in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

One particular example against Newcastle frustrated me like the original poster stated. He got himself one on one against the full back and it was just so blatantly obvious what he was going to do. Cut inside, where there were more defenders, and have his shot blocked. I don't mind him having a shot, but he needs to be more creative in finding a decent angle for a shot or a clearer shot. I don't think he has the ability to do that and that's where he will fail and not become good enough, in my opinion.

We can add it to the list of things we find questionable about him tbf 😅

It's clear we need better options, but we're a work in progress and I'm sure we'll address it in the summer 👍

• Like 1

Jack called out recently that that main skill he developed that moved him to the next level, was mixing up your action, so the defender doesn't know what you're doing.

Cross, shoot, run down the line, cut inside,  lay it back, feed the overlapping defender,  pull it along the edge of the area.... multiple options...

AEG doesn't mix it up enough and so he gets found out and easily nullified. His December run was possibly due to the league not knowing how to handle him.

If he can at least try to mix up what he does, he may well find that when he does do the cut inside and shoot option,  it doesnt get blocked every single time. 

Potential is there if he can do it.

• Like 2

I honestly don’t understand the shit that El Ghazi gets, he’s clearly a confidence player and had a cracking December to then find himself dumped from the team.

For what we paid, for a squad player, I honestly don’t know what fans want? This isn’t a computer game like FIFA or FM where you can stockpile top quality players at Aston Villa who are happy to be back-up, it’s not feasible or realistic.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I honestly don’t understand the shit that El Ghazi gets, he’s clearly a confidence player and had a cracking December to then find himself dumped from the team.

For what we paid, for a squad player, I honestly don’t know what fans want? This isn’t a computer game like FIFA or FM where you can stockpile top quality players at Aston Villa who are happy to be back-up, it’s not feasible or realistic.

I'm with you, i suppose much like hourihane, if he isn't contributing with goals or assists his impact on the game is generally below average, and this can also happen for sustained periods of time. 

That said, I'm absolutely furious with him for messing with the ball, trying to be clever outside his own box with 30 seconds to go. Clear it. No ifs, buts or maybes. It's not a matter of confidence, skill, or consistency. It's basic common sense. It's ultimately stupidity which lead us to concede and cost us 2 points. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I'm with you, i suppose much like hourihane, if he isn't contributing with goals or assists his impact on the game is generally below average, and this can also happen for sustained periods of time. 

That said, I'm absolutely furious with him for messing with the ball, trying to be clever outside his own box with 30 seconds to go. Clear it. No ifs, buts or maybes. It's not a matter of confidence, skill, or consistency. It's basic common sense. It's ultimately stupidity which lead us to concede and cost us 2 points. 

Same here. As soon as he gave it away I felt the worst and was swearing at the tv. I guess he wouldn’t have known there  were literally seconds to go but if you’re going to attempt a lay off in that situation you have to be 100% sure you will get it right. Otherwise just get rid of it! Very poor from him.

• Like 1

I am a fan of Anwar.

But I appreciate we need someone who is more consistant and a bit more self assured to start week in week out, and that isn't El Ghazi or Trez.

I think if you could give him Traore's arrogance and flair combined with Trez's work rate then you would have the perfect winger.

I don't even know if Traore can be consistent enough either to contribute what we need, one minute he can be brilliant the next terrible.

All I know is having Anwar as a squad option can't be a bad thing, but we certainly can't rely on him to be a game changer. I think when the team is playing well he can come in, get a run of games and make us even better.

But if we aren't doing well he's unlikely to change that, sadly neither will Trez or Traore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I am a fan of Anwar.

But I appreciate we need someone who is more consistant and a bit more self assured to start week in week out, and that isn't El Ghazi or Trez.

I think if you could give him Traore's arrogance and flair combined with Trez's work rate then you would have the perfect winger.

I don't even know if Traore can be consistent enough either to contribute what we need, one minute he can be brilliant the next terrible.

All I know is having Anwar as a squad option can't be a bad thing, but we certainly can't rely on him to be a game changer. I think when the team is playing well he can come in, get a run of games and make us even better.

But if we aren't doing well he's unlikely to change that, sadly neither will Trez or Traore.

Where did you get that idea from?

Â