Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Attitude is far greater than his ability. Demands to take free kicks and corners , shoots from ridiculous positions and never passes when theres even a chance of a shot. 

Not the worst player tonight but he should not be starting for us .

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm amazed, although I shouldn't be, that he is getting grief tonight.

The only one who tried to make things happen and was better than everyone else, yet he's the one getting all the stick. Madness.

Which is fine and true, but it really doesn't add up to much of a defence does it? Just because he tried to make something happen doesn't excuse the end product does it? The guy needs to move on, he's not good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The only one who tried to make things happen and was better than everyone else, yet he's the one getting all the stick. Madness.

He isn’t the only one getting stick though is he.

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I’m not. Scores that goal after his good run or Davis scored the one put on a plate for him and he gets praise.

Football fans hey. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Wasteful in his shooting but he was the only dangerous player on the pitch for us. Much more threatening out on the left. Needs to get his shooting boots back on. A couple of seasons ago, he usually hit the target when cutting in on his right foot. Now he's hitting them into row Z.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Wasteful in his shooting but he was the only dangerous player on the pitch for us. Much more threatening out on the left. Needs to get his shooting boots back on. A couple of seasons ago, he usually hit the target when cutting in on his right foot. Now he's hitting them into row Z.

Player with zero confidence.

53 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Which is fine and true, but it really doesn't add up to much of a defence does it? Just because he tried to make something happen doesn't excuse the end product does it? The guy needs to move on, he's not good enough.

Absolutely. He should be a squad player at best. But for some reason he seems to be the go to player to abuse at the moment. 

Think its harsh.

• Like 4

Was arguably our best player tonight (I gave him MOTM) but basically that's nothing to write home about. 

I've said it countless times, he was basically awful for most of the Championship campaign and like most of the team came good for the last 10.  

I am grateful to him for those 10 games and the goal and assist which ultimately got us promoted but mid table championship is his natural level I think. 

He's just out of his depth in the PL and needs to move on for his career. 

• Like 1

He was definitely one of the better players however his decision making is woeful. We just needed one or two players to be really on it tonight and hungry to make a difference and basically no one stepped up to take that opportunity to impress. Very disappointing. 

• Like 1

Think the problem is he's not really improving as a player.

I liked him in the promotion run in and thought he'd do o.k in premier league. Stats weren't terrible last year but he was very inconsistant at best with his performances.

Of course a guy who was playing Champions league not so long ago should be taking a league cup game by scruff of the neck, he's hardly an 18 year old like Ramsey (will give Traore a pass as he's still settling in).

Think he's here until January when I can see being loaned out but being behind Trez in pecking order dosen't suggest his career is going that well currently.

My main criticism of him is how many times he loses the ball. Either shooting from unrealistic positions or running into opposition's players, or poor crosses into the box or out of play.

Guage this against completed passes and how many times he wins the ball by intercepting or in a tackle and he's a player who loses the ball alot more than he wins it and the end product is poor, from decent attacking positions. 

Not the worst player by far, Lansbury takes some beating on that front but to me he's an enigma, likes to attack but isn't effective enough and loses the ball to many times attempting worlidies.

Did well last night. Only one who looked like doing anything. People slagging him off really have some kind of agenda.

I hope he stays this season and is on the bench v Liverpool. Will be a good option to bring on later in the game if needed. Don't see him as a starter but alright squad option for another year, at which time we'll probably be bringing in bigger targets and will have to move him on. But for now he adds depth and we need that. 

He does lose the ball a lot but so does Trez. Both should be squad players and not starters imo.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. He should be a squad player at best. But for some reason he seems to be the go to player to abuse at the moment. 

Think its harsh.

Could be very wrong but I think it’s because people expect and demand a lot more out of him compared to the other players. I also don't really agree with what you’re saying. Plenty of other guys are getting ripped to shreds, just go look at the Hause thread. Or the Traoré thread with people calling him crap. I don’t necessarily see it being AEG that’s singled out but to each their own.

Â