Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Thought he was really good in the second half against Stoke. DS said himself that he was livid and read them the riot act at half time. Maybe AEG is the kind of player that needs something like that to get him going. Both him and kienan strike me as the kind of characters that need a rocket up them to get them going and get the best out of them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Breaks his Ramadan fast (despite just being on loan here) to score and assist in our play-off final win.

Scores big goals against Everton, Newcastle and Burnley to help us win crucial points in our fight for survival.

Yes he was handsomely rewarded for his employment with money. He has certainly gone off the boil though and I for one would be happy to upgrade him. 

I am baffled that anyone can think at this point he's good enough for the PL. He just isn't. It's this quality of footballers that almost got us relegated last year. He, like a bunch of others, got completely carried by Grealish. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am baffled that anyone can think at this point he's good enough for the PL. He just isn't. It's this quality of footballers that almost got us relegated last year. He, like a bunch of others, got completely carried by Grealish. 

Who's saying that? Aren't people just bemoaning how some fans are massive words removed?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yes he was handsomely rewarded for his employment with money. He has certainly gone off the boil though and I for one would be happy to upgrade him. 

My original post is condemning the “fans” who have trashed him so much he’s had to delete his social media presence. Especially as he’s been a key part in our revival from the slowly-sinking, rotten club we were - (even though doing it to a player who had contributed **** all would still be indefensible).

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you don’t mean that because he’s well-paid it makes this abuse acceptable? But to be honest, if you don’t mean that, I don’t understand why you’ve replied to my post.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Whatever anyone's views are on him, he shouldn't get so much hate he has to de activate his social media account. 

Absolutely. I condemn anyone sending such abuse that way, sadly, social media magnifies the voices of the worst elements of our fan base.

• Like 1

the point about him faking injury... wasnt it just that he was lying on the floor following a tackle he felt was a foul? The foul wasn't given so he tried to act it up a bit?

He did nearly headbutt Mings after TM had a go at him for not tracking back, but he obviously felt he was doing his job.  It's not something to kick him out the club for.  It is something he needs to work on to be considered a viable choice on the wing.

Incidentally, all his good performances came from the left wing, and he hasn't had chance to play there for a long time.  Another factor to consider. 

21 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

My original post is condemning the “fans” who have trashed him so much he’s had to delete his social media presence. Especially as he’s been a key part in our revival from the slowly-sinking, rotten club we were - (even though doing it to a player who had contributed **** all would still be indefensible).

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you don’t mean that because he’s well-paid it makes this abuse acceptable? But to be honest, if you don’t mean that, I don’t understand why you’ve replied to my post.

You're right - didn't see the stuff before - some fans are just idiots, have no idea why someone does that sort of thing other than they're probably deeply unhappy individuals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He’s not good enough. That doesn’t warrant abuse!

If you are poor at your job would you like people to call you shit each day? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

He’s not good enough. That doesn’t warrant abuse!

If you are poor at your job would you like people to call you shit each day? 

Hes not good enough for where we want to be but we need a squad and he scored important premier league goals last year. Great that we have been able to upgrade him but he will still be needed for 10-20 sub appearances I imagine. Great option from the bench. 

I don’t think anybody thinks he is good enough but he’s also not completely useless either. Near to 10 goal contributions is proof of that. Yes eventually he will be sold but as it currently stands he is a squad player. We can’t change the whole squad in one summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Hes not good enough for where we want to be but we need a squad and he scored important premier league goals last year. Great that we have been able to upgrade him but he will still be needed for 10-20 sub appearances I imagine. Great option from the bench. 

Yep that’s fair. I hate no issues with him being in the squad. A good sub, I think.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Haha I was just coming in to post about the time people believed this rubbish and someone actually posted this utter bullshit. 

Amazing. Thanks for being that guy. We needed a solid example of the sort of crap Anwar gets. 

It's phenomenally daft that stuff like that sticks for some people. Last season there was an ongoing sentiment amongst a vocal few that Targett "bottled" it in a game after being subbed off with a head injury despite literally having a concussion and missing subsequent games. You can't win.

• Like 1

Â