Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

We were 3-0 down to Southampton at home in one of our worst collective team performances from last season. 

Anwar was vying with Bednarek whose arm came across him. Anwar decided to go down and pretend he'd got a clatter across the face when it was apparent to all watching that he absolutely hadn't.

He then rolled himself off the pitch and continued to act the fool until getting up and wandering straight off down the tunnel.

People have short memories if they've forgotten all that, but either way my opinion of him stands.

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

He’s not good enough. That doesn’t warrant abuse!

If you are poor at your job would you like people to call you shit each day? 

That's not abuse saying someone isnt good enough for the league.

Reality has to set in at some point with you defenders of players who are failing at the club, that just because you like them doesnt mean they automatically get excused from being criticised or moved on from the club. 

I dont condone abuse but simply saying they are not good enough for this league or there performances have been shocking or Sh*t, isnt abuse, attacking a persons characters is abuse.

he's frustrating, can act surly and disinterested, but he has plenty of skill and ability, he's a confidence player and that confidence went down the pan when he was dropped for most of the games after the restart (not saying that was wrong, just saying). In the cup games he can be accused of trying to hard and lacking composure but definitely not effort.

while he's in a Villa shirt I will get behind him and hope he can score some more important goals for us, if we get injuries we will need him.

If he leaves and gets replaced I will wish him the best as he's certainly not been a bad signing for us.

We always seem to need scapegoats and i've no idea why people get so riled up and angry, opinions welcome, bile and hatred has no place even on twitter the place for faceless keyboard warriors, even people turning on Traore after 1 iffy game where the whole team were awful.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We were 3-0 down to Southampton at home in one of our worst collective team performances from last season. 

Anwar was vying with Bednarek whose arm came across him. Anwar decided to go down and pretend he'd got a clatter across the face when it was apparent to all watching that he absolutely hadn't.

He then rolled himself off the pitch and continued to act the fool until getting up and wandering straight off down the tunnel.

People have short memories if they've forgotten all that, but either way my opinion of him stands.

And when was it that the club or Anwar confirmed that he had faked the injury and went off because he couldn't be bothered?

Were you in the changing room when he went in? Are you part of the medical team?

People have short memories, and some people like to make a story out of something to suit their own agenda against players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Amongst the other things you got wrong in this post... You actually picked the wrong game against Southampton from last season.

Congratulations. 

• Haha 2

I really don’t understand some people. Do they really think it will improve the performance of a player by going on their personal Twitter/Insta/Facebook accounts and levelling criticism and abuse at them? Put yourself in that position, it must leave you numb and lacking in energy and confidence.

It is not confined to social media either. I recall being at VP and a young James Bree getting a tonne of abuse whenever the ball went out to him on the wing. The guy a few rows in front of me looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel screaming abuse at him. I was not surprised to see the lad failed to make it here and was moved on. 

The majority of our fans are brilliant, but like all clubs we have our idiots as well. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I can only assume those who personally attack have a major problem within themselves and with their lives.

The above opinion is not aimed at anyone on here, by all means write what you want on here within the rules obviously. I am talking about going on personal accounts and having a go direct. There is no place for that!

44 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Reality has to set in at some point with you defenders of players who are failing at the club, that just because you like them doesnt mean they automatically get excused from being criticised or moved on from the club. 

I dont condone abuse but simply saying they are not good enough for this league or there performances have been shocking or Sh*t, isnt abuse, attacking a persons characters is abuse.

Check out his Twitter replies. 

You have missed the point. His is abused regularly, called shit, called names. 

48 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just so you don’t miss the point again. Please justify this.

https://twitter.com/MatKendrick/status/1312323934373720066?s=20

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

So so sad. The disrespect

Yep 

Unlike what is constantly being said by some on here here, it is nothing to do with him not being good enough. It is the barrage of abuse towards him that is wrong.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I really don’t understand some people. Do they really think it will improve the performance of a player by going on their personal Twitter/Insta/Facebook accounts and levelling criticism and abuse at them? Put yourself in that position, it must leave you numb and lacking in energy and confidence.

It is not confined to social media either. I recall being at VP and a young James Bree getting a tonne of abuse whenever the ball went out to him on the wing. The guy a few rows in front of me looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel screaming abuse at him. I was not surprised to see the lad failed to make it here and was moved on. 

The majority of our fans are brilliant, but like all clubs we have our idiots as well. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I can only assume those who personally attack have a major problem within themselves and with their lives.

The above opinion is not aimed at anyone on here, by all means write what you want on here within the rules obviously. I am talking about going on personal accounts and having a go direct. There is no place for that!

It's probably not a coincidence we have had such a good run of results behind closed doors.  We would have gone down if Villa Park was full for the run in.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I also think there is a significant difference between posting on a fans forum and directly Tweeting a player.

I’m probably over reacting but I hate these people with a passion. Maybe its just bunch a kids who don’t know better?

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I also think there is a significant difference between posting on a fans forum and directly Tweeting a player.

I'd agree with that.

But, would also add that despite if being a 'fans forum', it is visible to anyone across the planet. The Views posted in here represent the avfc fanbase. I don't enjoy reading abuse directed at players.

On top of this, as it is visible to all and everyone, you cannot control if there are friends or family members reading and passing stuff on. It would be I'll advised but not entirely out the question.

I've seen what this can do to people, and it's a slippery slope if you feel it's ok to post stuff like that and allow our forum to be tarnished by it.

When we were relegated i could understand all the bad feelings towards many of the players. They were taking the piss and we were on a downward spiral. 

But right now is the exact opposite, even if you don't think they're good enough, I can't get my head around the need to abuse them on twitter. This isn't lescott or others taking the absolute piss out of us. 

• Like 1

Â