Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, DCJonah said:

Hearing both he and lamsbury have deactivated their twitter accounts due to abuse. 

Like i said previously amazed that he's getting the abuse. 

To be honest, it's not that surprising. You only need to look at this thread and then realise that coupled with social media being a cesspit that some people will feel empowered to send abuse to him.

I get he's been underpar recently (although there were probably 7/8 players worse than him last night) but some fans really need to take a long hard look at themselves before pressing "Tweet".

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Hearing both he and lamsbury have deactivated their twitter accounts due to abuse. 

Like i said previously amazed that he's getting the abuse. 

That’s pretty f**ked up. It’s a game of football.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He isn’t without talent but he just consistently makes the wrong decision on the ball. It’s not going to change.

He does but I thought he was a bit unlucky yesterday. As said before he put it on a plate for Davis, just needed a simple cross field pass for a tap in and was quite unlucky with his attempt on goal after a good run. 

I get his not good enough. I’ll never get the abuse he receives.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Absolutely embarrassing and shameful. Social media really needs to be banned. And funnily enough I actually thought El Ghazi was our best player last night.

Indeed the only one who showed any heart and aggression. He received no support from midfield once again and was playing with Taylor behind him and he was still our best player. He isn't a world class player but he is serviceable for where we are and will get us close to 10 goal contributions in 30 games. That is not nothing. We are in no position to be throwing away goals no matter where they come from. 

Once again no creativity or guile from midfield leaves our attackers with no support and they struggle although Davis and Traore (despite showing some signs of quality) did not cover themselves in glory. 

• Like 3

Criticising his recent performances in the context of the team is one thing. Making personal attacks because of it is way out of order.

We wouldn't be in the PL without him, and he was part of the team that kept us in it. Our fans would do well to remember his contribution.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 1

Hard not to feel for him to be honest. He might not have reached our expectations since last August but the lad was instrumental in our promotion, made both of the goals in the play off final after breaking his fast and seems to be really struggling with confidence at the mo

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Criticising his recent performances in the context of the team is one thing. Making personal attacks because of it is way out of order.

We wouldn't be in the PL without him, and he was part of the team that kept us in it. Our fans would do well to remember his contribution.

I've been saying this for weeks. It is one thing to criticise a players performance but it is another thing to question his character, his effort and his commitment to the club. 

Our idiots at it again

Not sure what goes through someone's mind to try and message someone "you're shit get out of my club" absolute bell ends 

You can spout it on here, at work, to your mates etc but it crosses a line when you start sending the players messages 

I bet it's not kids either, it'll be 40 year old grown adult men full of hatred hiding behind social media 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Our idiots at it again

Not sure what goes through someone's mind to try and message someone "you're shit get out of my club" absolute bell ends 

You can spout it on here, at work, to your mates etc but it crosses a line when you start sending the players messages 

I bet it's not kids either, it'll be 40 year old grown adult men full of hatred hiding behind social media 

It's the type of people who would sh*t themselves if they had the chance to say the same things to the face of whoever it is they're abusing. Keyboard warriors are the lowest of the low. Nothing but chavy scum enabled by the platform of social media. Low lives, the lot of them. Even after what happened with Caroline Flack, people just will never ever change.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

Â