Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I cannot understand why they hate him. He won us that final and whilst mcginn won man of the match he was our best player that day. He broke his fast and showed he was completely committed to this club even though he wasn't even our own player. 

He was absolutely sensational that day. They couldn't cope with him.

• Like 1

I always think that El Ghazi gets extra stick because he 'comes across' as thinking that he's better than he is or cocky. That invisible impression that some fans get and they relentlessly stick to it unfortunately. I think some of the criticism he gets is very fair because it analyses his severe inconsistency etc, a lot of the rest of it is pure muck and drivel. The types that should have a ban on owning keyboards.

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear he was decent last night. Sad to hear about the abuse he got despite that. Idiots everywhere. 

May have not reached his potential,  but still got us into the PL.  It does come across as though he doesn't try when the going gets tough,  but fans hurling abuse at him isn't going to correct that. Disgraceful behavior that should result in their accounts being blocked/ deleted.

Would be great if he could ram the insults down their throats and come on to score against Liverpool.  Can't see it happening, as I doubt he'll be on the bench, but that sort of one off performance could really inject some confidence,  assuming he isn't too jaded by the club thanks to what a minority of idiots have said to him. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, whatever people think of him, he will always be the player who faked an injury when things weren't going well for us on the pitch, when we sorely needed our players to stand up and be counted.

Villa fans have shown an unbelievable capacity for forgiveness in the past for a whole host of things - consistent poor performances, transfer requests, being literally spat at - but for me (and others, I'd venture), that act of hiding away and not being willing to put in the effort to help the team in such an overtly cowardly way is something I can never forgive.

I don't agree with or condone direct abuse of the players over social media. But nor do I want him anywhere near our first team ever again. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt in my opinion. Flog him ASAP to the highest bidder and give his place on the bench to someone who actually takes pride in playing for this club.

Edited by est1874

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I cannot understand why they hate him. He won us that final and whilst mcginn won man of the match he was our best player that day. He broke his fast and showed he was completely committed to this club even though he wasn't even our own player. 

Because he doesn't play with a wide grin on his face 24/7 and/or run around like a headless chicken to show his pashun. 

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

At the end of the day, whatever people think of him, he will always be the player who faked an injury when things weren't going well for us on the pitch, when we sorely needed our players to stand up and be counted.

Villa fans have shown an unbelievable capacity for forgiveness in the past for a whole host of things - consistent poor performances, transfer requests, being literally spat at - but for me (and others, I'd venture), that act of hiding away and not being willing to put in the effort to help the team in such an overtly cowardly way is something I can never forgive.

I don't agree with or condone direct abuse of the players over social media. But nor do I want him anywhere near our first team ever again. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt in my opinion. Flog him ASAP to the highest bidder and give his place on the bench to someone who actually takes pride in playing for this club.

Do you have evidence for this? I suffer from migraines and something as obscure as lighting can set it off. I get blurred vision for a few minutes. I suspect it was something similar. But if he's crap surely it's better he wasn't on the pitch anyway.???

El Ghazi's biggest problem is he lacks belief in himself. He ends up trying doing things he's not capable of. He needs to relax keep it simple and show some belief in himself. That run against Stoke he had a couple of similar moments against Spurs but his head dropped when he got tackled the next time and that was that. 

He needs to work on his physical attributes too. He's a specimen if he was the fittest player at the club off the ball he'd be so good for us. Tactically he is poor and thankfully this can be improved easily but with rote memorization. 

However I think that move to Olimpiacos will be perfect for him and he gets Champions League football. Even if it's a loan.

Until he impresses himself I fear for him and his career it's not going to go anywhere.

• Thanks 1

He's a confidence player, and right now he has none of it mainly due to our own fans.

On his day he's unplayable and more than capable of putting a performance in.

I'm looking forward to seeing this El Ghazi again, he was absolutely brilliant on this night.

On 01/10/2020 at 21:12, rodders0223 said:

Get rid of this absolute mug.

On 01/10/2020 at 21:06, TrentVilla said:

Just awful this evening.

If there is a decision to make he will always make the wrong one. I also feel like he is playing for himself these days, not sure if he is trying to impress or get a move but embed constantly tries the Hollywood option. oh and as always total lack of bottle.

Cant wait to see the back of him.

What @Sulberto21 was getting at I think.

One of these posts is just abuse and keyboard warrior like. 

The other is a description of why the poster doesn't what the player at our club.

These viler one liners of personal abuse are the lowest of the low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's done good stuff and bad stuff. I won't dwell on what's happened before, but I just don't think he's good enough. Get rid. 

We got a bunch of players still, that are championship quality, that we haven't gotten rid of. He's in that group. 

Sell at first opportunity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He's a confidence player, and right now he has none of it mainly due to our own fans.

On his day he's unplayable and more than capable of putting a performance in.

I'm looking forward to seeing this El Ghazi again, he was absolutely brilliant on this night.

He has never been unplayable. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He’s had a handful of good games, notably the play off final and Albion away. 

He was largely poor in the championship and seems to have gone backwards since. No surprises he can’t make the squad now. 

He needs a move. Not cut out for this standard. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has never been unplayable. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He’s had a handful of good games, notably the play off final and Albion away. 

He was largely poor in the championship and seems to have gone backwards since. No surprises he can’t make the squad now. 

He needs a move. Not cut out for this standard. 

100% no room for sentimentality with any of the players that we need to upgrade.

However, the state of people on this planet that now have a platform at their finger tips to absolute destroy peoples souls.

I wonder how high the average person is on the evil spectrum. 

Back to Anwar, we need him gone for the good of the club and for himself too.

• Like 3

Â