Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I've always liked him and I still have a very tiny bit of hope for him but he really needs to use the ability he has. He's got everything you would want in a modern day winger but it never seems to come together for him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've always liked him and I still have a very tiny bit of hope for him but he really needs to use the ability he has. He's got everything you would want in a modern day winger but it never seems to come together for him.

I think that's where a lot of the frustration stems from. 

With Trez, he isn't great but you get the sense that he is getting everything out of himself. El Ghazi is the opposite, to use a building site phrase - he's got all the gear but no idea

He has been okay for us and nothing better.

I would sell tomorrow if we could get our money back and were able to re-invest it into a, say, Rashica or Benrhama etc..  One of those on the left with Traore on the right and Trez (who is nowhere near as talented but puts in 100%) and a kid or moving Jack up as the back up plan.

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watched extended highlights and can't understand why he got so much stick. Really tidy play in front of our goal before the Watkins goal that he assisted the assist. Would've had 1 on 1 with Keeper if Davis played him through instead of turn and shoot that got tipped over. 

Yes he blazed wide several times but some inches wide but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

I also watched the whole game and whilst he linked up well and created a couple of chances he had 4 really top chances and snatched at them all. To make it in the Premier League you have to be more clinical in front of goal. That miss against Everton at the end of last season nearly cost us dearly. Can’t afford to miss those opportunities at that level.

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watched extended highlights and can't understand why he got so much stick. Really tidy play in front of our goal before the Watkins goal that he assisted the assist. Would've had 1 on 1 with Keeper if Davis played him through instead of turn and shoot that got tipped over. 

Yes he blazed wide several times but some inches wide but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

I'm just guessing here but (I watched the full match) I'm assuming whoever compiled the highlights didn't include in them the multiple times he failed to cross/hit the first man/stopped in a promising position and laid the ball back to defence/got easily tackled/passed the ball to the opposition/failed to control the ball.  These things do not make highlights package's. 

I assume they included his 4 or 5 mis hit/weak/wide shots though. 

• Like 2

On 25/09/2020 at 06:39, Kiwivillan said:

That’s the problem with highlights though, they’re not comprehensive.

What you didn’t see was the 2-3 time’s he totally miscontrolled the ball when in great position, he must have had at least 7 or 8 attempts at goal with 6 or 7 of them totally wasted.

You also wouldn’t have seen him getting arsey with his team mates again when he lost the ball of played a stray pass.

He really needs to grow up a bit in my opinion, seems like a petulant child for a lot of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s the problem with highlights though, they’re not comprehensive.

What you didn’t see was the 2-3 time’s he totally miscontrolled the ball when in great position, he must have had at least 7 or 8 attempts at goal with 6 or 7 of them totally wasted.

You also wouldn’t have seen him getting arsey with his team mates again when he lost the ball of played a stray pass.

He really needs to grow up a bit in my opinion, seems like a petulant child for a lot of the time.

That's fair I think. Seemed like he barely celebrated his goal or the others. There is that feeling he's not buying in 

• Like 1

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2020/09/25/report-nottingham-forest-in-the-mix-to-sign-aston-villa-flyer-anwar-el-ghazi/

Nottingham Forest are considered to be in the race to sign Aston Villa winger Anwar El Ghazi, according to Greek outlet Sportime.

Their lead football writer Gerasimos Manolidis has taken to Twitter to suggest that Forest are in the running to sign the Premier League trickster.

Olympiacos are also mentioned in the piece but Southampton flyer Sofiane Boufal and Garry Rodrigues are thought to be higher on their list of targets.

That could open the door for Forest to swoop for El Ghazi who led the Villans to promotion to the Premier League during 2018/19.

Boss Sabri Lamouchi has suggested to the press this week that he would like one more signing this summer – with a winger considered the final piece of the jigsaw.

El Ghazi could represent a smart signing by the Reds and he’d be another player added to the ranks with a proven track record in the Championship.

Last season he played 40 games in all competitions, with Villa staying in the Premier League on the final day of the season.

El Ghazi is thought to have been made available by Villa for either a loan or a permanent move away from the club.

The player is paid £30,000-a-week and with that in mind, a loan move might be better for Forest in the first instance.

With the reports coming from Greece, there’s every chance that Olympiacos’ name has been mentioned and people are putting two and two together.

That said, the Dutchman would represent a quality signing for Forest if they could pull it off.

He scored six goals and registered seven assists during the 2019/20 campaign as Villa secured their Premier League survival.

The year previous in the Championship he scored seven and claimed six assists, including notching in the play-off final against Derby County.

Signing El Ghazi might be a long shot but he’s certainly the type of signing the Reds should be looking at to complete their squad.

On 25/09/2020 at 10:44, omariqy said:

I think we need to face the fact that theres a big difference in liking him and his ability to perform at the level needed for Villa, he simply can not do it.

Has to be sold in my eyes, hes a let down and a bore session to watch on the pitch.

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Sell him to whoever for whatever price, make room for another winger unless Grealish stays on the left and just buy an excellent Attacking midfielder, either way, Ghazi should be sold.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 14:05, Stockport_Villain said:

I also watched the whole game and whilst he linked up well and created a couple of chances he had 4 really top chances and snatched at them all. To make it in the Premier League you have to be more clinical in front of goal. That miss against Everton at the end of last season nearly cost us dearly. Can’t afford to miss those opportunities at that level.

You’re so, so, so right there.  I mean, no one who misses a sitter like that will ever make it in the premier league.

And here’s one from our £19m signing

I get the criticism about not trying hard, but you’ve written there is pure nonsense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thug said:

You’re so, so, so right there.  I mean, no one who misses a sitter like that will ever make it in the premier league.

I get the criticism about not trying hard, but you’ve written there is pure nonsense.

Some crackers in there. However most of the premier League ones are from great goalscorers. It happens. El Ghazi is not a great goalscorer. If he gets 10 a season and has those misses then he'd be forgiven. I think he's good enough for the Spanish, French , German league. It'll suit him better a little bit more time. 

P.S when did Pep Guardiola wear glasses and manage Vitesse?:🤣

59 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Some crackers in there. However most of the premier League ones are from great goalscorers. It happens. El Ghazi is not a great goalscorer. If he gets 10 a season and has those misses then he'd be forgiven. I think he's good enough for the Spanish, French , German league. It'll suit him better a little bit more time. 

P.S when did Pep Guardiola wear glasses and manage Vitesse?:🤣

Hahaha has to watch it again to find him

5 hours ago, Thug said:

You’ve spent a lot of time there to make a point and taken part of my comment instead of reading the whole comment. The whole comment stands in that he misses too many to make it at this level, the Everton element of the comment was further evidence not what the comment was based on. Maybe you should find a hobby.

7 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Whilst he's been far from a complete failure overall in his two years (he was part of the promotion team and scored in the play-off final), at premier league level he's cack and if we're going to improve, selling and upgrading El Ghazi is one of the most obvious moves to make.

Unfortunately I feel the same. It’s sad and He’s likeable but we need to get out of liking these very average players. He’s not cut out for the premier league he hides in nearly every game or feigns injury. He’d definitely be suited to a different league. 

Â