John McGinn

PompeyVillan

43 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

McGinn is currently nominated for sky sports goal of the season.

Currently neck and neck between him and Forestieri 39%/40%.

Get your votes in and help John get over the line!

40/40 now. Come on vt. Do yo thang 

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he might have a big game in him on Monday. I think he likes the big stage. 2 cup wins in Scotland already for the lad. A sign?

Zero sign of that from the Baggies games, but I think they were defending so deeply it completely nullified his game. Can't see Derby doing the same.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-set-to-cash-in-if-john-mcginn-gets-aston-villa-into-the-premier-league-1-4934442

Villa play Derby County at Wembley in the promotion play-off final with the winners reported to net £170 million even if they finish bottom of the top flight next year.

Scotland midfielder McGinn made the move south last summer in a £3 million deal having helped steer Hibs to a historic Scottish Cup triumph and then the Championship title and a return to Premiership football. 

The Evening News has learned Hibs, who had rejected a series of bids from Celtic for the 24-year-old’s signature, negotiated an agreement with Villa which will see them bank a sizeable sum should the Midlands outfit secure promotion to the Premier League.

Villa, who finished fifth in the Championship before defeating local rivals West Bromwich Albion on penalties in the play-off semi-final, are favourites to win the Bank Holiday showpiece, Derby having earned their place in it by coming from 2-0 down on aggregate at one stage to beat Leeds United 4-3.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â