John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

John boy, what an effing performance.

Stepped up big time today. For the first time in a long time I thought Jack, for Jack, was fairly off. John stuck him and Conor on his shoulders and forced them onwards.

I love him so much. Shone during a sticky second half, took on so much responsibility on when we needed it. The way he lifted the crowd closing the keeper down! Magnificent.

I'll never stop laughing at his celebrations. Always appears in the epicentre of the rucks that form when others score, and is proper little kid in the playground when he bags. Charges around in three directions at the same time. Big chin plant into the floor on his slide, but he bounces back up and continues sprinting along the touchline.

Reminds me so much of Blurr from transformers the movie as he's just so fast like him lol

Interesting that Mcginn has said he got two offers from premiership sides when he joined villa.

He said the 2 prem teams wouldn't guarantee playing time where as villa would so he joined villa.

Fair play to the lad, love him even more now a true pro :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Great performance. Loved his interview earlier in the week where he said he was unsure if he was going to get in the team when he first arrived. Just shows how his hard work pays off.

For around £2m it’s an unbelievable signing. Got to be up there as one of our best bargain buys, especially in recent times. I’m sure when we signed very few of us knew who he was.. well we bloody know him now. 

You just know he’ll to strive to get even better in the premier league. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hibsfan said:

lot of very proud hibs (and st Mirren I’m sure) fans of how well he’s done,  think his popularity is testament to his attitude and character.

In a world where bang average rubbish cost millions it's also testament to good scouting. 

I hope there was some sort of promotion clause in the contract which means a plump brown envelope will be winging its way north. 

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting that Mcginn has said he got two offers from premiership sides when he joined villa.

He said the 2 prem teams wouldn't guarantee playing time where as villa would so he joined villa.

Fair play to the lad, love him even more now a true pro :)

My guesses that  West Ham & Brighton was  the two clubs. As they both was linked with him a lot before we signed him. West Ham had £5mil bid turned down for him in January 2018. Hibs sold to us cheaper than £5mil as only had year left on contract. Celtic offered £1mil and they wouldn't increase it. We stepped in.. rest is history

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Loved the end of his on pitch interview yesterday, interviewer asks what the plan is for the evening, McGinn - "we're getting steaming". 

What an absolute effing legend, a hero amongst heroes.

I'm totally in love with Villa again after yesterday, I feel we've turned a corner, stopped the run of bad luck and bad results. What a great day to be alive. 

• Like 1

Surely has to be Bruce's best ever signing at a club. He is unbelievable. 

Remember guys next season is less games than championship as well so his stamina should be as good as this year. 

I love him I really do. 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't figure out the first goal. Did he mean to do that? Full arse/body shield over the ball?

He meant it. 

He looked behind him right before and again as the ball passed him by. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

Bradley Johnson knew too, hence why he punched the floor after the ball had gone. 

It was very clever. 

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Best signing since the turn of the century for me. I'm too young to remember Yorke for us, more remember his United days but £2.5m in today's market for this beast is ridiculous.

Robbery. 2.5 million wouldn't get you a mascot in the Premier League

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Robbery. 2.5 million wouldn't get you a mascot in the Premier League

2.5m would get you 1 x Micah Richards for 12 months.......

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

He meant it. 

He looked behind him right before and again as the ball passed him by. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

Bradley Johnson knew too, hence why he punched the floor after the ball had gone. 

It was very clever. 

Love it. The full body sacrifice. A lesser man would get hurt. But most men aren't made of Scottish steel.

• Like 1

Â