John McGinn

PompeyVillan

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly can’t think of anyone that works has hard as this guy as my time as a villa fan. Seriously he is something else.  Happy to be reminded of someone that left more on the pitch?

Milner, perhaps?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly can’t think of anyone that works has hard as this guy as my time as a villa fan. Seriously he is something else.  Happy to be reminded of someone that left more on the pitch?

David Platt, Ian Taylor and James Milner perhaps.

Platt was like shit in a farmers field - every **** where! 

McGinn has been a great signing. Worried we could lose him if we don't go up. 

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Joleon Lescott, sure was a relief to be relegated 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

David Platt, Ian Taylor and James Milner perhaps.

Platt was like shit in a farmers field - every **** where! 

McGinn has been a great signing. Worried we could lose him if we don't go up. 

Platt was a one-off. A converted striker who was quality in midfield and still scored a strikers worth of goals.

Shame he was such a dick after he left.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Platt was a one-off. A converted striker who was quality in midfield and still scored a strikers worth of goals.

Shame he was such a dick after he left.

Totally agree, no class in the end.

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

£300k according to Alan Nixon (Journo) on twitter.

Chris, I bet we've paid loan fees treble that.  He's been a complete steal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

McGinn hasn’t played in the Premier League, if he did with us, I’m confident he’d surpass Milner, he’s that type in my opinion 

No way he would surpass Milner. He is good but Milner is on another level.

• Like 1

I agree that Milner is the better player. To get to the next level SJM needs to improve his passing and creativity. However his work rate is immense and I’m sure that he, along with the coaches will be aware of what aspects of his game he needs to work on and will constantly be trying to improve. That’s what good players do and hopefully with his attitude he can turn good into great. 

25 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Milner has better vision and passing imo. He was the same age as McGinn doing it in the prem. 

Milner started life as a pretty average winger. I'd agree though that Milner was technically much better, but like Milner (after switching positions) i think McGinn has enough about him to really push on and step up. 

On 24/05/2019 at 20:40, Vive_La_Villa said:

But as mentioned, James Milner is the last player we had who was an absolute work horse and I am pleased he went on to win major honours as he is one player I do not begrudge going onto better things as he  throughly deserved it for what he gives every game.

I remember when we had him on loan under DO'L and wished we would sign him. He went back to Newcastle for a season then MO'N arrived and signed him for £7m and Solano iirc?

All in all he was a great player and it would be unfair to both McGinn and Milner for comparison as it stands, until we have seen what John McGinn can do in the premier league on a consistant level.

Anything like what Milner has been in his career and he will be laudes as another great workhorse.

• Like 1

Â