John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not at his best today. 

In retrospect running the London Marathon before the match was probably not the best of ideas. 

Can’t be excellent every week, I’d also make a strong case for him to our player of the season, I must’ve said that on here about 5 times today for different players

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not at his best today. 

In retrospect running the London Marathon before the match was probably not the best of ideas. 

He looked a bit tired for me, hopefully the rest next week will keep him buzzing for the play-offs

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Not at his best today. 

Needs a bit of a breather, he usually comes back beasting when he gets one.

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Needs a bit of a breather, he usually comes back beasting when he gets one.

I imagine the other players will think he is a complete prick when he returns back from pre-season 😂

• Haha 2

Think the El Ghazi red card a few minutes earlier probably saved him from getting a straight red today. The ref didn't want to make things any worse so He was very, very lucky to stay on the pitch & not miss the whole of the play offs due to a 4 game ban

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think the El Ghazi red card a few minutes earlier probably saved him from getting a straight red today. The ref didn't want to make things any worse so He was very, very lucky to stay on the pitch & not miss the whole of the play offs due to a 4 game ban

Fair point 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Should be nowhere near the next game.

Enjoy a well earned rest and come back fresh for the playoffs.

I agree and thankfully Smith has said he will be rested. 

Give lansbury some game time. 

• Like 3

I'm surprised Smith didn't substitute McGinn in the 80th minute, as soon as he got his yellow card. In the remaining ten minutes plus injury time he could have picked up a second one. (And we did have one sub still available). Anyway, all's well that ends well.

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

I'm surprised Smith didn't substitute McGinn in the 80th minute, as soon as he got his yellow card. In the remaining ten minutes plus injury time he could have picked up a second one. (And we did have one sub still available). Anyway, all's well that ends well.

i thought we had no subs left then remember Whelan came on

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

I guess yesterday McGinn was at risk of missing the playoffs from minute one due to the risk of a straight red. So maybe Smith's thinking to keep him on after the yellow near the end was that he'd already risked him for 80 minutes (with the risk of a straight red, along with all the other star players) so he may as well risk him for ten more minutes and a few of injury time. And the risk paid off, we didn't lose to Leeds, good !

34 minutes ago, robby b said:

Two yellows is still only a one game ban isn't it? So wouldn't have made much difference if he's being rested the next game anyway.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Two yellows is still only a one game ban isn't it? So wouldn't have made much difference if he's being rested the next game anyway.

But I thought that two yellows yesterday would have been a special case, his 14th and then 15th of the season, with 15 ruling him out of the next three games? :s I can't remember now exactly!

Just now, robby b said:

But I thought that two yellows yesterday would have been a special case, his 14th and then 15th of the season, with 15 ruling him out of the next three games? :s I can't remember now exactly!

Oh yeah fair point... I didn't consider the second yellow being his 15th, I was just thinking of the Red.

Â