John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I know this may not be a popular view given the lack of options at CB, and I'll also qualify this by saying I'm a big fan of Chester so this isn't a criticism, but if i could pick one of Chester or McGinn to be fit for sha it would be McGinn. 

Massive loss if he misses out. Of all the fecking games to miss it had to be this one. 

15 hours ago, av1 said:

I know this may not be a popular view given the lack of options at CB, and I'll also qualify this by saying I'm a big fan of Chester so this isn't a criticism, but if i could pick one of Chester or McGinn to be fit for sha it would be McGinn. 

Massive loss if he misses out. Of all the fecking games to miss it had to be this one. 

Indeed, literally the perfect midfielder for this kind of match!

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he isn't 100% he shouldn't play - although we will miss him greatly, IMO his style of play requires him to be 100% fit - He can't play but 'back off a little' Im afraid its all or nothing 

Bigger miss than Chester for me but if he's not right we shouldn't risk not having him for a couple of months just for the binners. The binners don't deserve that kind of respect.

• Like 1

If there is any doubt he shouldn't play. He has been excellent for us but as Trent said this game isn't even close to being the be all and end all for our season and it is much more important that we get him right and he doesn't miss more games due to being risked tomorrow.

Even with Thor and Jedi out it is an area we are still well covered in. I'd imagine Whelan will come in with Hourihane moving further forward but wouldn't be surprised to see Lansbury get the nod to retain that more forward thinking balance. Either way I have no concerns about us in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

I’d rather him miss one home game against an average side, than next weeks away game at Middlesboro and the next game because he’s been rushed back.

He’s our best midfielder, and probably our best player this season too. So looking at our season goal, that of promotion, rushing him back to play a side that will try and kick lumps out of him isn’t ideal (if indeed he is being rushed, it could be that he’s fit and fine to play).

• Like 2

Â