John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was actually half decent today, steady head in the middle of the park

Gave the ball away a few times, but tracked players better than Hourihane, apart from the first goal.

2 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

So 10 out 10 for the scoreline...6.8 out of 10 for the performance....we missed McGinn badly ..we saw him afterwards just going in to the Luke 77 box and one my mates got a selfie. He said he won't be fit for Wednesday either but Whelan is no replacement. 

From the sha ratings thread. Bad news if true, though it does contradict what Smith told WM after the game. 

Smith said McGinn wanted to play today but he decided not to risk it given the upcoming games. 

If he was close today, one would assume he'll be good for Wednesday?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

From the sha ratings thread. Bad news if true, though it does contradict what Smith told WM after the game. 

Smith said McGinn wanted to play today but he decided not to risk it given the upcoming games. 

If he was close today, one would assume he'll be good for Wednesday?

Yeah it was straight from the horses mouth to be fair so we will see..I was busy getting a selfie with Sid Cowans and Tony Morley so I am just going on what I was told

Edited by CosmicVillan

9 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Great win for you lads over Small Heath on Sunday.

It is more pleasing that the team put in a good performance without McGinn which shows confidence is beginning to rise in the rest of the team and that you are not a one trick pony. Obviously if he plays then the team will probably play better, but at times when he is suspended / injured Villa can still perform well.

Heres hoping he is back for the Forest game but if not for the tough trip to 'Boro.................................Remember going to the old Ayrsome Park in the 70's at this time of year.........rained all day, not a blade of grass on the pitch and it was 0:0. Whats not to like 😀

And you even called them Small Heath!  😊

You're one of us now.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

Â