John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Apart from the one poor decision when Jack sent him through, he was sensational.

Maybe MOTM.

I voted him MOTM - seems to step in with vital interceptions - or a pass/run out of trouble when we most need it.

• Like 1

Just now, Danishlad said:

he got injured cause he flew into a ridiculous tackle

That's McGinn for you, hes the Angry Scotsman, crackers at times he is but wouldnt have him any other way.

Sometime you need a few tough cookies throwing themselves about abit.

49 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As good as Konsa, Grealish and Cash have been this season, McGinn has been our POTS so far for me. 

I'd go Grealish so far, although McGinn drew himself almost level after tonight. Both playing their best football ever.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

So I think we can put this "McGinn's not cut out for the PL and his form at the beginning of last season was just because he was new to the league" thing to bed now?

Yes. He has been excellent.

Mcginn, Luiz, Barkley and Grealish is such a good midfield. Then you throw in Trez’s hard work and tenacity, Watkins superb leading of the line, a solid back 4 that look so comfortable together and a keeper that currently looks the best in the league.  I love this team!

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We overplayed him last season and he got a long term injury as a result of it. That's why i raised my concerns.

Indeed. It wasn't just the long term injury either last season he had been nursing a thigh injury for weeks before going with his ankle and you have to feel that if he was fully fit we may have been performing better so he would be less frustrated so he wouldn't have put in a reckless challenge that got him injured. 

Â