John McGinn

PompeyVillan

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apropos of nothing, you are now the second member of the 'VT acoustic guitar avatar' club! 

8 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

Dundee Utd slash Aston Villa fan here. Been telling my villa supporting mates what a good player we're getting. I've always had a soft spot for Hibs too as I was scouted for them when I was young. Jim Duffy was very fond of me as a player and was very kind to me hooking me up with Dundee too before my knee pretty much exploded and I quit football. Sorry it looks like you're losing McGinn but I'm glad he's coming to us. It'll be good for our national team too if he gets off to a great start!.

ForfarVillan and I are in the ‘Alan Partridge Avatar Club’ 

Aha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HibsDave said:

Thanks! ?

How many clubs have you sold players to and then taken a positive active interest in that club's progress? rarely? Never?  I was already biased towards Villa but you'll gain quite a few more fans in Edinburgh if it goes through. That's how much we love the guy and think that a move to Villa is right for him. He was instrumental in getting us back to the top end of the top division after a really bad period. He can do that for you too. The energy and drive he has are amazing

Worth reading that Hibs Forum post about him if you have time as it shows not only that he's a great player but one of the good guys.

Now please let us start our grieving process and sign him!!

Top post. Always liked Hibs (and Hearts, sorry). Good clubs , great rivalry.

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Top post. Always liked Hibs (and Hearts, sorry). Good clubs , great rivalry.

I would also add what a fantastic city Edinburgh is.   Like London only prettier and friendlier.

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

I would also add what a fantastic city Edinburgh is.   Like London only prettier and friendlier.

I don't think it's anything like London to be honest. For starters it's waaaaaay better.

Beautiful city, amazing architecture and small enough to cover most of it in 1-2 days, you'd need a week in London to do the same.

Also had the best curry I've ever had there.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think it's anything like London to be honest. For starters it's waaaaaay better.

Beautiful city, amazing architecture and small enough to cover most of it in 1-2 days, you'd need a week in London to do the same.

Also had the best curry I've ever had there.

Good pubs in Auld Reekie, too. 

Let's have a VT coach trip! 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Interested to see how the Hibs fans  would compare McGinn’s move to Villa with Lewis Macleod’s move to Brentford a couple of years ago.

I know it’s unlikely that a Hibs fan would unduly praise an ex-Rangers player but at the time Macleod was very highly rated and he’s done little of note since his move down south. Injuries have obviously played a big part in the problems that he’s had but is McGinn comparable in any way?

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just keep thinking about Shaun Maloney for this one. When is the last time a player had looked decent coming down south?

I dunno why Maloney keeps being mentioned, we signed him for £1million and he scored a few goals for us, rarely started ahead of Carew & Gabby who at the time were forging a great partnership, he got homesick and we sold him back to Celtic for £3million

Christ the way he's mentioned on here is like he came to us as a world class player who started using smack and drinking buckfast pre match

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

Â