John McGinn

PompeyVillan

10 hours ago, Villa Mick said:

As a Hibs fan that also supports Villa as my English team I am delighted that Villa have snapped him up! 

He is a good old fashioned box to box midfielder who loves to get stuck in, scores a decent amount of goals from outside the box and has a superb range of passing! He is full of energy and will carry the team up the park with his bizarre running style that seems to make him very difficult to tackle! 

He’s not the same type of player as Grealish as some are suggesting. He’s more like Hourihane but a lot more powerful and dynamic! 

You might not know a lot about him just now but he’ll give 100% in every game and I’m convinced he’ll be a fan’s favourite soon! 

Yea, I noticed the running style whilst watching a few snips of him on You Tube. Different, to say the least.

It's really refreshing to see all the love that is coming from the Hibs fan's, I doubt Grealish would of had the same send off.

3 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Just out of interest, how easy/difficult is it to get tickets for Villa Park these days? I hope you don't mind but I'm adopting Villa as my English team now and would be keen to come down for a game or two once the season is in full swing!

Very easy.

We'll probably sell out two games this season. The Blues game and the christmas game.

Any other game and you should have no problem getting a ticket.

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Don't be alarmed by the radio silence on here now from Hibs fans, we are all in mourning, the mood around E.R at the moment is like somebody has died!

In 25 years I've never been so gutted about a player moving on but that is for purely good reasons. He will be an asset to Villa and I reckon a legend one day. Couldn't be happier he's chosen to go to a huge club in England and really test himself. It also says a lot about Villa the fact that Celtic matched both Villa's offer and personal terms, John and his family are all Celtic fans and he's still chosen to sign for you guys.

UTV. GGTTH.

Welcome! Sorry for your loss I really am, we know how it feels to lose a player you love.  Rest assured as you have seen there is a lot of respect and love for Hibs here. Hopefully the money will help you strengthen going forward.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

23 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Don't be alarmed by the radio silence on here now from Hibs fans, we are all in mourning, the mood around E.R at the moment is like somebody has died!

In 25 years I've never been so gutted about a player moving on but that is for purely good reasons. He will be an asset to Villa and I reckon a legend one day. Couldn't be happier he's chosen to go to a huge club in England and really test himself. It also says a lot about Villa the fact that Celtic matched both Villa's offer and personal terms, John and his family are all Celtic fans and he's still chosen to sign for you guys.

There's no risk about this transfer from your end, Super John McGinn WILL be a huge success.

Just out of interest, how easy/difficult is it to get tickets for Villa Park these days? I hope you don't mind but I'm adopting Villa as my English team now and would be keen to come down for a game or two once the season is in full swing!

UTV. GGTTH.

Even though your hearts have been broken, hopefully  there is still a little Sunshine on Leith today and I believe like you that SJM will be a huge success.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

There's no risk about this transfer from your end, Super John McGinn WILL be a huge success.

UTV. GGTTH.

We know how it feels to lose instrumental players so completely understand how gutting it is. Must say that I've been very positively surprised by the sheer amount of class shown by Hibs fans online these past few days. Welcome to the family mate and I think I have found my fav Scottish team now purely based on how big-time your fanbase have shown themselves to be. UTV!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Watchind a few vids of McGinn, looks pretty exciting. Him and Jack will work well together I reckon.

this is what I'm hoping for as well. could well become the lethal partnership we've all been hoping to find in the middle of the park. wouldn't be surprised if he can make a good partner with Hourihane as well. Conor could use some legs around him to get the best out of him.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think a midfield of:

McGinn  Hourihane  Grealish

Could be very exciting... with a more defensive player at DM perhaps. 

Hourihane is left footed i'd have him on the left of the central three.

Hourihane Grealish McGinn

Whelan/Jedinak/Birkir

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Hourihane is left footed i'd have him on the left of the central three.

Hourihane Grealish McGinn

Whelan/Jedinak/Birkir

John McGinn is left footed too, so I think I’d still go like this, with Hourihane centre, but the wing back over lapping Jack and John.

Nyland

Hutton/Elmo  Chester  Tuanzebe  RDL(?)

Jedinak

Grealish         Hourihane        McGinn

RHM    Kodjia

( so we’d sort of have three CMs and the two wing backs overlapping for width)

Edited by alreadyexists

4 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

UTV. GGTTH.

Very easy! 

I’m a Hibs fan but follow Villa as my English team! I went down a couple of seasons ago for the Newcastle match (fairly big game for the championship!) and got tickets no problem and I don’t think it sold out.

I can see why McGinn was impressed by the stadium though and the atmosphere was brilliant as well! I’d definitely recommend going down to see how McGinn gets on! I know I’ll be going to a game or two!

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yea, I noticed the running style whilst watching a few snips of him on You Tube. Different, to say the least.

It's really refreshing to see all the love that is coming from the Hibs fan's, I doubt Grealish would of had the same send off.

I think we just accept that McGinn is a class above the rest of our players and deserves to be playing at a higher level and after winning the Scottish Cup for Hibs (for the first time since 1902) there really wasn’t much else he could realistically achieve with us!

I guess it’s a little different with Grealish because we hope he can take villa back to the premier league!

The first player we have ever signed who's already a villa legend before he's kicked a ball. Impressive. I suspect the club will unveil a statue of him on Saturday to get it out of the way now. 

Edited by villa89

Â