John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im going to reserve judgement about this signing until I see him play a few games. I’m seeing a lot of happiness on this thread right now and even well done Bruce. We know how quickly things can change. 

You can be happy and full of praise now AND change your mind later if you like. You get to be happy more often that way. 

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just don’t want to be that one that is all excited  and full of praise for the club and then ripping in to him and a Bruce a few games letter. 

I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I see him play. 

You're giving McGinn a few games to prove he's good enough for this league? You are generous.

Comes across well, enjoyed his interview & looking forward to seeing him play.

Seems quite a genuine & honest guy.

Very encouraged by reports on him, thanks to the Hibs fans -  never really known or heard from such pleasant & respectable supporters of a different team.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No I’m giving him a few games before I start high fiving everyone. 

But you mentioned "ripping in to him after a few games", which I thought was odd. Whether you're excited about the move or just trying to remain calm I read that as a negative. Apologies if I've mis-interpreted.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But you mentioned "ripping in to him after a few games", which I thought was odd. Whether you're excited about the move or just trying to remain calm I read that as a negative. Apologies if I've mis-interpreted.

No worries. 

• Like 1

Hope he starts on Saturday so I can confirm that he runs like he's chasing a helicopter. 

Edited: I'm quite excited about this one, one of the reasons is reading what everyone has come out and said about him. It's quite rare really, Hourihane had something similar and he's been a stellar signing. He's held in such high esteem by his managers, teammates and fans, which hopefully hints at a dedication and attitude that will lead him to success. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 1

Sounds like Hourihane was and sounds like Lansbury was and sounds like Bjarnason was ...... just praying that Bruce doesn't destroy this one too !!!

Edited by Paul33

Â