John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Celtic have matched our bid so I guess this ones over with now.

Bastards

I wouldn't be so sure, Hibs would strongly prefer McGinn to go down to Villa and McGinn has also said privately he is worried about the game time he would get at Celtic. John has his head firmly screwed on and he will make the right decision for footballing reasons which hopefully should be Villa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah well technically they're maroon and we're claret anyway, so like I said, **** them ?

Oh I think I'm going to like it here! ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Celtic have matched our bid so I guess this ones over with now.

Bastards

Hibs have told Celtic 'get yourself off' 3 times already and Brenda has practically resigned to Celtic not getting him.

McGinn is a Villan!

9 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

I see Sky Sports are now reporting the Grealish to Spurs deal is now off, is that likely to change things at your end re McGinn?

That's cause they are panhandling b******s!

But no it don't change a thing really as he was never going.  ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

I wouldn't be so sure, Hibs would strongly prefer McGinn to go down to Villa and McGinn has also said privately he is worried about the game time he would get at Celtic. John has his head firmly screwed on and he will make the right decision for footballing reasons which hopefully should be Villa.

Hope so. I like the sound of him

16 minutes ago, HibsDave said:

Oh I think I'm going to like it here! ? 

You will be required to despise our unwashed neighbours at Sty Andews in return. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

I see Sky Sports are now reporting the Grealish to Spurs deal is now off, is that likely to change things at your end re McGinn?

I doubt it, I should imagine it ws decided a while ago that Grealish was staying. If we were unable to finance the deals then I can't see why we would enter negotiations.  

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

And he really has never let us lot down.

McGinn and medicals happened/happening today.

mcg.JPG

Yep, if he says it's done I'm happy to accept he's now a Villa player. As he says, he's never been wrong when stating someone has completed.

So, fellow Villans, we can relax as we now have a new, high quality midfielder and Our Friends From North can relax that he hasn't gone to Celtic. From what we have been told about his attributes, he's going to be the energetic passing and driving link between our solid defence and Grealish and the forwards. I see a lot less sideways and backwards passing in our future.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Anyways, A warm welcome to our friends up north that are the Hibs fans that have joined the board. Howdy fellas.  :thumb:

Yes, quite.

Also some of us still have that soft spot for Hearts regardless :thumb:

Almost the right colours, One off random as **** name, Never win anything - What's not to love :D

Anyway, hello and it sounds like a decent investment. Bit of bite to the midfield.

Â